First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Luffy will marry hancock...
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

suikojay wrote:


cloud360 wrote:

why do you doubt htere will be romance in one peice?

The way I see it, u have to see this show for what it is, a fantasy adventure (with comedy) at its core. It would just be weird to throw in heavy, serious romance in there. Now I'm not saying they can't have Luffy married off to someone in the future, because I definitely think it is possible, but I would suspect only after Luffy obtains the One Piece, and/or achieves his major goals in life and begins to settle down a bit. And that's the key thing here, is that he needs to settle down, and until he does, I don't see it happening.
Btw, I'm not sure where the story is right now in One Piece, since I think I stopped around ep 200 or something (though I have watched numerous eps after that, though a bit at random just to check what in the world is going on now, lol).


pelase check the first quote in the original post. Oda never said there WONT be romance in one piece
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

cloud360 wrote:

pelase check the first quote in the original post. Oda never said there WONT be romance in one piece

Don't worry, I'm not denying there won't be any romance, just not to the point that it will alter the show from being a fantasy adventure at its core.

Edit: I think if he ever does get married, though, I would expect it to be with Boa, only because she seems to be the popular choice of pairing with Luffy, and I would think Oda might try to make it happen to please the fans.

As for Nami being paired with Luffy, I kinda see them just being like really, really good nakamas (and nothing more). I still remember in one of the earlier seasons (in the Arlong arc?) when Luffy fought with Arlong and at the very end of the epic fight where he screamed, "NAMI!!" You are my nakama!!! I think Luffy sees crew members of his as people very precious and dear to him, like family members, which is one of the reasons that I don't think he'll cross that barrier with Nami or Robin (not saying it can't happen though).
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13
Oda says there won't be any romance but we all know he's BS-ing, he definitely isn't as hardcore on the romance as other popular animes, but he does purposely do stuff like that. When it comes to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc. I have 100% no investment in the relationships. I don't like Ichigo that much so I don't care and I'm no fan of Sakura or Hinata so I don't care, and every character in FT is flat-out annoying as hell. But One Piece, despite being anti-romance, does have a strong investment for me which is ironic. I really like Sanji, Nami, and Luffy and I would imagine a romance between them would be really funny, entertaining, and fascinating.

Even though Oda says he wants no romance to play a part in his show, you cannot deny the several instances of his subtle romance pandering, for example during Hazard Punk, why did he bother having Nami let Sanji be OK with smoking inside her body? Just because there is no romance doesn't mean he still doesn't do that kind of stuff, no matter how subtle it is. Obviously that whole scene with Luffy putting his hat on Nami is also him doing romance at a subtle note. There's a big difference between having romance in the show and having Luffy end up with someone. That's the sad twist, in the ONE anime where I want there to be romance and there isn't and in the other anime where I DON'T want there to be romance, I get romance.

As for Hancock, who knows, if Oda really doesn't care, he will get Luffy and Hancock together. But we all know the law of Tsunderism states that the guy who gets hits most by the tsundere always ends up with the guy (Luffy and Nami). It's also kind of akward to have two relationships in which the one of the people within the couple are crazy for their partner, (Sanji and Hancock). Also Hancock is way too tall, despite everything, I cannot visualize a normal ending with Luffy and Nami because then Hancock and Sanji would get abandoned and that would be pretty sad. So it's hard to say, Oda is kind of unpredictable, maybe Luffy will end up with no one but if Luffy's grandpa and father can find wives, why can't Luffy?

As for his whole "Ussop is a bad influence" Personally I just think he is also BS-ing to cover his ass on that one
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

drakedogma wrote:

Oda says there won't be any romance


Lie. he never said this. tell me where?

i checked all his interviews...




I agree with this. but at least he is clearly indicating or making it out that Luffy is not really interested in Nami.
Posted 7/5/13

cloud360 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Oda says there won't be any romance


Lie. he never said this. tell me where?

i checked all his interviews...


....Dude, you could be a bit more polite and respectful that just flat-out saying "lie" of course there is romance in the show, but he said he isn't interested in making it a main focus, you know what I mean't ffs
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

drakedogma wrote:


cloud360 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

Oda says there won't be any romance


Lie. he never said this. tell me where?

i checked all his interviews...


....Dude, you could be a bit more polite and respectful that just flat-out saying "lie" of course there is romance in the show, but he said he isn't interested in making it a main focus, you know what I mean't ffs


lol. thats a lot different than what you said first.

i am usually polite. but what you said pi**ed me off.

You said No romance. If you meant "little to no romance", then say that....
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

cloud360 wrote:

lol. thats a lot different than what you said first.

i am usually polite. but what you said pi**ed me off.

You said No romance. If you meant "little to no romance", then say that....

Seriously? You get pissed off at small things like that? Why don't you capitalize your "I"? Why don't you capitalize "but" after a period, you knew exactly what I mean't, a 14 year old kid would understand what I mean't. Complaining over a small error, really?
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 11/5/14

drakedogma wrote:

Seriously? You get pissed off at small things like that? Why don't you capitalize your "I"? Why don't you capitalize "but" after a period, you knew exactly what I mean't, a 14 year old kid would understand what I mean't. Complaining over a small error, really?

i dont like lies being repeated thousands of times.

you were just saying what you heard somone else say....should have tried verifying it.

sorry if i hurt your feelings. but as i said. YES , i do get angry about these things
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 11/5/14

cloud360 wrote:

lol. thats a lot different than what you said first.

i am usually polite. but what you said pi**ed me off.

You said No romance. If you meant "little to no romance", then say that....



You are so dramatic.



As for the question,
I think they'll marry BUT it will happen when everything is settled
and Luffy already has attained / made it happen, One Piece.



712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

chrome_mist wrote:


cloud360 wrote:

lol. thats a lot different than what you said first.

i am usually polite. but what you said pi**ed me off.

You said No romance. If you meant "little to no romance", then say that....



You are so dramatic.



As for the question,
I think they'll marry BUT it will happen when everything is settled
and Luffy already has attained / made it happen, One Piece.





well Oda didnt say there will be little to no romance either. He said what i wrote in the first quote of original post.

What i was trying to get at is to be clear about what he really meant.

As I said, i dont like lies being repeated. In the end it was a false statement.

Maybe am being too harsh.
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

cloud360 wrote:

i dont like lies being repeated thousands of times.

you were just saying what you heard somone else say....should have tried verifying it.

sorry if i hurt your feelings. but as i said. YES , i do get angry about these things


He said that he does not want to emphasize on romance because teenage boys aren't interested. I just assumed something based off that statement, but I did not "LIE" I interpreted his statement loosely, I'm not a freakin liar. What kind of 37 year old gets angry at stuff like this? I get angry at things like murder, rape, disrespect, wars, nazis, etc. sorry if I got you angry for no good reason, but please grow up a bit and stop getting mad over small things and by the way, you don't like it when I loosely interpret a statement and you say I'm lying, but by calling what I do "lies" is a lie in itself, I am not a liar and implying such, that makes you a liar.

A liar would be someone saying something false while knowing what the truth is. I was just implying a conclusion based off the evidence given to me, if a man wants little to do with romance, chances are, there may not be much on romance. That does not make me a liar, show some respect
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

drakedogma wrote:

He said that he does not want to emphasize on romance because teenage boys aren't interested. I just assumed something based off that statement, but I did not "LIE" I interpreted his statement loosely, I'm not a freakin liar. What kind of 37 year old gets angry at stuff like this? I get angry at things like murder, rape, disrespect, wars, nazis, etc. sorry if I got you angry for no good reason, but please grow up a bit and stop getting mad over small things and by the way, you don't like it when I loosely interpret a statement and you say I'm lying, but by calling what I do "lies" is a lie in itself, I am not a liar and implying such, that makes you a liar.


lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that. sorry


suikojay wrote:


Edit: I think if he ever does get married, though, I would expect it to be with Boa, only because she seems to be the popular choice of pairing with Luffy, and I would think Oda might try to make it happen to please the fans.





this i agree with
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Luffy has zero interest in love.
He won't marry anyone, he won't even have sex with anyone.
712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

Des85 wrote:

Luffy has zero interest in love.
He won't marry anyone, he won't even have sex with anyone.


but oda said luffy is interested n hancock...

how do you interpret what oda said?
33 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
anyone who thinks he wont get married to hancock has could deduction issues. its quite obviious that in anime's the person who lvoes the character the most always gets married....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.