Post Reply Crunchyroll Streaming Ads
13005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
First off, I'd like to apologize beforehand if this topic has been broached before.

I've been a long time CR user in a variety of screen names (because I forget my SN and then have to make a new acct) and I also stream your videos on my iPhone.

I noticed something today.

Ads. Before the video plays.

This was after I updated CR.

Are ads the new thing now for iPhone premium users?

As a note, I just thought I'd mention that just the fact the ads are playing makes me NOT want to buy the products. I now give less than two rat butts about Pantene Pro V conditioner, Vitamin Water and Solstice Arena.

Please tell me this is a mistake on my part and it's because I didn't log out and log back in. PLEASE don't tell me this is the norm for all users, premium or otherwise.
Springtime Moderator
25532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ág. Santas, Portugal
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Were you perhaps trying to watch a drama series? I see you're an anime member, so you still get ads and SD streaming for drama, like regular users.

If not, I don't know if this is going to achieve anything, but since you had just updated the CR app, have you tried logging out, then back in?
One Punch Mod
72730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

Fionashin wrote:

First off, I'd like to apologize beforehand if this topic has been broached before.

I've been a long time CR user in a variety of screen names (because I forget my SN and then have to make a new acct) and I also stream your videos on my iPhone.

I noticed something today.

Ads. Before the video plays.

This was after I updated CR.

Are ads the new thing now for iPhone premium users?

As a note, I just thought I'd mention that just the fact the ads are playing makes me NOT want to buy the products. I now give less than two rat butts about Pantene Pro V conditioner, Vitamin Water and Solstice Arena.

Please tell me this is a mistake on my part and it's because I didn't log out and log back in. PLEASE don't tell me this is the norm for all users, premium or otherwise.


This is definitely not the norm for all users. I watch Crunchy on my iPhone almost every day, and I have never seen an ad.

I'd be annoyed if I did. I hope the logging out and then back in helped.
Posted 7/5/13
There has been reports of ads popping up for a few users. If you can provide a screengrab if it happends again, we can better try to track down the offender.

Thanks
17930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / With the GazettE...
Offline
Posted 6/10/14
Today I went and watch Crunchyroll on my iPhone and never had any ads before. Suddenly two ads popped up during my videos.
Otter Modder
38053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/10/14
Were you trying to watch a drama?
The Wise Wizard
91502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 6/10/14

Joycie_yaj01 wrote:

Today I went and watch Crunchyroll on my iPhone and never had any ads before. Suddenly two ads popped up during my videos.

Did you verify you were still logged in?

Which anime were you viewing when this occurred?

17930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / With the GazettE...
Offline
Posted 6/30/14
Yes, I was still logged in. The anime I believe I was trying to watch at that time was Fairytail.
5015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 9/29/15
I am having that problem currently on my android tablet, trying to watch Gingitsune.
Der Zoodirektor
17301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 9/30/15

SailorLeo33 wrote:

I am having that problem currently on my android tablet, trying to watch Gingitsune.


Your renewal failed, you are currently not premium.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Denver Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/7/16



This keeps on pooping up in my crunchyroll starting today
Der Zoodirektor
17301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/7/16

coldnano27 wrote:




This keeps on pooping up in my crunchyroll starting today


You are not a premium member. At least not on the account you are logged into.
11007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
I'm having the same issue with Ads. In checking my membership status it says I'm Premium Plus.
Der Zoodirektor
17301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

xaosgames wrote:

I'm having the same issue with Ads. In checking my membership status it says I'm Premium Plus.


Are you logged into the correct account in the app?
11007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
Yup. I've:
- Checked the login name and it matches
- logged out and back in just in case
- updated the app via the iTunes App Store
- logged out/in after the update

After doing all that, I still saw Ads. The page I posted showed a discrepancy in my account status vs the account status listed if you clicked on my Forum name (takes me to another account page that said my account status is "Normal". )

If you also notice on the first screenshot, it still had the tab at the top prompting me to Try Premium Free.

In any case, after reporting it to you, this morning it's magically fixed. Just wanted to provide all the info in case others have the same issue.
You must be logged in to post.