First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Blowing off some steam from life, anyone welcome
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
I was wondering if anyone had any particular things they wanted to blow off steam from, i figured it wouldn't be such a bad thing since its good to just get something off your chest.

I guess I should start first eh?

Well lately my best friend (brother basically) started getting into smoking that cannabis, which is fine, I don't really care either which way I'm just not into that stuff. Anyways, him and my other friends have really been smoking it up a lot recently and he just kinda ignores me whenever I try to hang out with. No texts back, whatever else you can imagine. So basically I guess just that feeling of losing one of the closest people in your life is starting to sink in and I don't know what to do.

That's my story, what's yours?
19807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13
Hah, been through this before. Used to be friends with this one guy, and me a bunch of other friends would always hang out at his house, you know he'd invite us for a catfish fry or bbq, and we'd end up doing stupid things, playing video games stuff teenage boys do. But he'd always have that one friend who he'd always have over till he got tired of him then he'd completely ignore you and never invite you for stuff, and eventually it got to me. I like chilling with my friends, so I tried to figure out why I wasn't getting invited to anything, and apparently his mother didn't like me because I didn't close the pantry doors. Hahaha, I remember one time I went over and he told me that I had better get going because I wasn't allowed to be there. So I started to hang out with another one of my good friends and we started to become like brothers. Really made me angry at the time, but now I look back and it's pretty funny/lame. We were in high school but them cats acted like elementary kids. It might be time for you to find a new friend.
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Might as well. I'll to salvage what I can, but since I'm heading to college this fall whatever happens happens. High school is high school and if wants to stay with the times then that's his problem
14296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / houston
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
i know how you feel. back when i was a kid, i was friends with this guy. we were friends for over 10 years. he became friends with some girl, and her views and mine didnt match. and being the man that i am, im not gonna just shut up, it doesnt matter if i offend. a couple of years later, this friend and i nearly never spoke, and her and him became roomates. i never asked him to choose between friends, that would be a lil bit.... quirky. but in the end we stopped being friends, and he views things the same way she does now. most of my other friends say that he's always seen things that way, but i dont think so. but i digress.... some people say friendship is forever. its not. you know what you can count on? anime.
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Yeah, I wouldn't ask him or give him the ultimatum of "hey stop smoking or we wont be friends anymore" its kinda of a waste of time because that not how our relationship works. But I can count on anime for a lot of things haha
23965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / *in his heart and...
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
*sighs* Okay me and Eddie my guy friend are trying to make/record music soon but, he's also wants to bring in somebody else to help the problem is I hate this guy's guts. It's funny he was one of the very first friends I made moving to a new school we would always laugh and joke around in class sadly he liked me more than a friend.
So he asked me out of course I didn't feel that way about him so I turned him down when I first started dating my boyfriend I've been with for 3 years now that douche bag along with an asshole says that my boyfriend should break up with me because I'm weird It hurt a lot that he was making fun of me. He never apologized.
Sooo the fact that I might be working with him pisses me off..
22960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 3D world
Online
Posted 7/5/13
if i needed to blow off steam or vent i usually go to a park and go on the swings and go as high as i can. It brings back childhood memories and is fun and relaxes me instead of me bitching to a friend about my problems
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

darkness815 wrote:

if i needed to blow off steam or vent i usually go to a park and go on the swings and go as high as i can. It brings back childhood memories and is fun and relaxes me instead of me bitching to a friend about my problems


Well people tend to handle things in different ways. I personally find talking to someone who is willing to just listen to me rant helps me put things into perspective much easier.
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

NekoGirlSashira wrote:

*sighs* Okay me and Eddie my guy friend are trying to make/record music soon but, he's also wants to bring in somebody else to help the problem is I hate this guy's guts. It's funny he was one of the very first friends I made moving to a new school we would always laugh and joke around in class sadly he liked me more than a friend.
So he asked me out of course I didn't feel that way about him so I turned him down when I first started dating my boyfriend I've been with for 3 years now that douche bag along with an asshole says that my boyfriend should break up with me because I'm weird It hurt a lot that he was making fun of me. He never apologized.
Sooo the fact that I might be working with him pisses me off..


oh that's really lame. I'd ignore him though, the fact that he's still trying to do something lik that means he might still be jealous or harbors some sort grudge over something really silly 0.0, and if you have to work with him I'd just grit my teeth and try my best not to cause more problems than there are. Maybe if you talk to him and put both of your feelings aside the hostilities might come to pass? It's worth a shot
23965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / *in his heart and...
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

muchtoodorkly wrote:


NekoGirlSashira wrote:

*sighs* Okay me and Eddie my guy friend are trying to make/record music soon but, he's also wants to bring in somebody else to help the problem is I hate this guy's guts. It's funny he was one of the very first friends I made moving to a new school we would always laugh and joke around in class sadly he liked me more than a friend.
So he asked me out of course I didn't feel that way about him so I turned him down when I first started dating my boyfriend I've been with for 3 years now that douche bag along with an asshole says that my boyfriend should break up with me because I'm weird It hurt a lot that he was making fun of me. He never apologized.
Sooo the fact that I might be working with him pisses me off..


oh that's really lame. I'd ignore him though, the fact that he's still trying to do something lik that means he might still be jealous or harbors some sort grudge over something really silly 0.0, and if you have to work with him I'd just grit my teeth and try my best not to cause more problems than there are. Maybe if you talk to him and put both of your feelings aside the hostilities might come to pass? It's worth a shot


I highly doubt we can get along so I'm just going to grin and bear it if I have to work with him
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13
Hmm, it's tiring to be both the arsehole and the responsible one in a relationship. I'll tell you one thing, you can't be both and make it work.

You say you don't know what to do, but it's obvious to anyone what the appropriate response to a friend ditching you for drugs should be. He isn't worth the effort. Attempt to patch up your friendship once more, and if it fails then you have the relief of knowing you did all you could. At the moment you two have nothing to gain from each other.
37564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Dat place up Norf...
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
I can't stand my dad, considering he's a total arsehole and there's a good reason my mom divorced him. He understands absolutely nothing about me and doesn't even try to anymore. He ignores my opinions and talks over me.
10711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

mentalese wrote:

Hmm, it's tiring to be both the arsehole and the responsible one in a relationship. I'll tell you one thing, you can't be both and make it work.

You say you don't know what to do, but it's obvious to anyone what the appropriate response to a friend ditching you for drugs should be. He isn't worth the effort. Attempt to patch up your friendship once more, and if it fails then you have the relief of knowing you did all you could. At the moment you two have nothing to gain from each other.


You have a point, and the most i can do is try and figure something and if nothing happens life moves on i guess, no much i can do.


iluvcake136 wrote:

I can't stand my dad, considering he's a total arsehole and there's a good reason my mom divorced him. He understands absolutely nothing about me and doesn't even try to anymore. He ignores my opinions and talks over me.


I'm sorry to hear that :/ I've had my own spouts with my father as well.
248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
Making tea Blows off steam
16247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / California
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

iluvcake136 wrote:

I can't stand my dad, considering he's a total arsehole and there's a good reason my mom divorced him. He understands absolutely nothing about me and doesn't even try to anymore. He ignores my opinions and talks over me.


Yeah there are good and bad Fathers out there but doesn't mean people can't change, I'm a father with a daughter I do my best to give what I was not fortunate to have.As a Father for me it starts with unconditional love and understanding without that our relationship would struggle and cease to exist..I blow off steam by channeling my emotion into a creative or artistic way half the time it is a beautiful mess but sometimes something great is created from my pain. I also do my best to learn from my anger and understand where it comes from by doing this there are less things that anger me and when I'm now put in difficult situations I'm capable of being really mellow and moving pass all the BS...
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.