First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply The Eccentric Family/Uchouten Kazoku Discussions
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/13

iashakezula wrote:

THe writting in episode .....was really well done.love it...

but i cant help but feel the impending demise of our lead character

dont want it to happen !!!



While I think he might end up being targeted for the hot pot as a series climax, I don't think he will end up going in.
Kill la Moderator
AHTL 
77654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Norway
Online
Posted 8/12/13
Eccentric Family: Or How My Dad Came To Terms With Being Eaten & I Learned To Love The One Who Ate Him


Sublime episode, loved it. <3
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/13/13

AHTL wrote:

Eccentric Family: Or How My Dad Came To Terms With Being Eaten & I Learned To Love The One Who Ate Him


Sublime episode, loved it. <3


That's a perfect synopsis!

Well, I hope we get to the love part...
mipegg 
20398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/13/13
This really is a surprise hit for me, didnt have it on my radar at all but its fantastic. The music, setting, characters and animation are all top notch and the story is actually something interesting and original (no fucking highschool kids)
61169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/15/13
I was reminded that Natsume Soseki famously translated "I love you" into "the moon is beautiful". Near the end of episode 5, Benten says "When the moon is pretty, I get kind of sad." With all the allusions in this show, I'm sure she's telling Yasaburo that she loves him, but that makes her sad; especially since she's sure she'll end up eating him. And eating, according to Hotei, is also an expression of love.

With the ED revolving around images of Benten, I really wonder how their love will turn out.
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/15/13 , edited 8/15/13

deadpanditto wrote:

I was reminded that Natsume Soseki famously translated "I love you" into "the moon is beautiful". Near the end of episode 5, Benten says "When the moon is pretty, I get kind of sad." With all the allusions in this show, I'm sure she's telling Yasaburo that she loves him, but that makes her sad; especially since she's sure she'll end up eating him. And eating, according to Hotei, is also an expression of love.

With the ED revolving around images of Benten, I really wonder how their love will turn out.

Very cool! And I love that the bonus desktop image is of Benten beneath a beautiful moon. Poor Yasaburo.... Maybe he should stay a frog in a well too, seems a bit safer down their unless her tears raise the salt level enough to kill amphibians. It really is a beautiful story. If the anime doesn't finish the novel off then I will need to pick it up. Otherwise I have waaaay too much to read as it is...
61169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/15/13

hpulley wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:

I was reminded that Natsume Soseki famously translated "I love you" into "the moon is beautiful". Near the end of episode 5, Benten says "When the moon is pretty, I get kind of sad." With all the allusions in this show, I'm sure she's telling Yasaburo that she loves him, but that makes her sad; especially since she's sure she'll end up eating him. And eating, according to Hotei, is also an expression of love.

With the ED revolving around images of Benten, I really wonder how their love will turn out.

Very cool! And I love that the bonus desktop image is of Benten beneath a beautiful moon. Poor Yasaburo.... Maybe he should stay a frog in a well too, seems a bit safer down their unless her tears raise the salt level enough to kill amphibians. It really is a beautiful story. If the anime doesn't finish the novel off then I will need to pick it up. Otherwise I have waaaay too much to read as it is...


I didn't know it was a novel! I'm going to have to get it now.
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/15/13 , edited 8/15/13

deadpanditto wrote:

I didn't know it was a novel! I'm going to have to get it now. :)
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4344415264 and other fine bookstores ;-)

13821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Alabama
Online
Posted 8/16/13
I don't think I understand the Tanuki in this world. They say they're lower on the food chain than humans but they're easily the most powerful of the three species. All they would have to do is transform into steel robots and crush any human that messed with them.
I say that but the one I really don't understand is Benten and I fear that they have revealed all of her motivation already and I'm just an idiot. I kind of don't want to understand her, I just want to hate her. At the same time I realize this entire anime's point IS explaining people like Benten. Maybe I should just stop watching.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

Griffhor14 wrote:

I don't think I understand the Tanuki in this world. They say they're lower on the food chain than humans but they're easily the most powerful of the three species. All they would have to do is transform into steel robots and crush any human that messed with them.
I say that but the one I really don't understand is Benten and I fear that they have revealed all of her motivation already and I'm just an idiot. I kind of don't want to understand her, I just want to hate her. At the same time I realize this entire anime's point IS explaining people like Benten. Maybe I should just stop watching.


I agree with you. They definitely could stand up and be on top. Make sure they don't get boiled in any hotpots but like the rest of the story I guess there is a lot more to it. In the beginning it said that Tanuki and Tengu were mean't to keep the world in balance. So killing or evil acts against would be against their nature. I do hate the Friday Fellows though. They don't even really like Tanuki hotpots yet they just follow the tradition.
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
I think the artwork is some of PA Works' best in this series, some really beautiful stuff!

Otherwise another quiet episode however after a fun opening sequence with Benten. Not the bath episode I'd been hoping for LOL


47733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Episode 7:

Near the end is where it gets good and we learn more about what happened to their dad
141590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/18/13
Episode 7

All my feels this episode. I thought it was be some mindless fun with stuff like this:


But then we learn the truth about Yaichirou and their dad. Wow....
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Yes, I just meant another quiet episode with some important revelations but not a lot going on otherwise as the frog in the well said... I guess they aren't powerful when they're drunk and can be captured and eaten. Did always wonder why he didn't just transform into something big and bust his way out of the cage rather than get eaten. Perhaps we'll learn more next week, or did I miss/forget something we've already learned?
16185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Atlanta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Another enjoyable episode. Starting to get a clearer picture on what happen to their father.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.