First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply The Eccentric Family/Uchouten Kazoku Discussions
5300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 8/25/13
Felt bad for Yajirou for blaming himself over his father's death.Turns out that's the reason he's in the well.

Yaichiro breaking down and crying when he finds out his mother knew all along was sad as well.

Glad they all got something from their father...
"When saying goodbye to this world,our father split his great blood into four: the eldest inherited only his sense of responsibility;the second eldest inherited only his easying going personality;our little brother inherited only his innocence;as for me,I inherited only his idiocy."

Kaisei appearing next episode.
63087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

hpulley wrote:
Interesting to see someone who is so accepting of his life, his fate, of himself and of his sons who turned out just like him really. Again interesting because like the Japanese proverb about a frog in a well, the saying for "like father like son" in Japanese is that a frog's son is a frog too 蛙の子は蛙なのよね。 It is too bad as I don't think he would like to see Yajiro beating himself up over this, quitting as a tanuki and deciding to live as that proverbial frog in a well. Not what he would have wanted.


That's a cool proverb.
And it is so sad that the father sacrificed himself to keep his sons together. Or at least, that's what it seems like now.


hpulley wrote:
Ah well, I too look forward to seeing Kaisei.


I can't wait to finally see her. She's been a major mystery for the show so far.

51729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 9/1/13
ep 9

finally we see the mysterious Kaisei

148997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 9/1/13
Episode 9

I couldn't take this episode seriously at first especially with the butt warming and that bath scene but then after that apology, I knew something ominous might be happening.

Also sensing two plots coming together soon. Oh and yes, Kaisei is an adorable little cookie.
Yowa29 
16225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Atlanta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/1/13
That was another nice episode. The ending makes me think:

25784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/13

Yowa29 wrote:

That was another nice episode. The ending makes me think:



Yeah, there seemed to be a little foreshadowing with that earlier in the show when Yasaburo was talking with his professor friend from the Friday Fellows. It might be a game to the end to see who ends up in the hot pot.
Yowa29 
16225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Atlanta, Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/1/13

iblessall wrote:


Yowa29 wrote:

That was another nice episode. The ending makes me think:



Yeah, there seemed to be a little foreshadowing with that earlier in the show when Yasaburo was talking with his professor friend from the Friday Fellows. It might be a game to the end to see who ends up in the hot pot.


Yeah but I do not think Yasaburo and his brother would actively try and get another tanuki sent to the Friday Fellows like I feel their uncle and cousins are doing. I just find them to be very shady.
29166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 9/1/13
And...she turns out to be tsundere. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. Getting hit in the head with a well-timed bucket; it's definitely an expression of love.


47922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 9/1/13
Kaisei has officially replaced Benten as my favourite character of this show. Also I think Kaisei has more of a personality than Benten who is just a background evil most of the time.
25784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/13
I don't understand all the people drooling over Kaisei as a character after one episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's had like maybe 10 lines in the show so far...did I miss something?
36641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 9/1/13
I was thinking while watching today's episode... this show is extremely weird. by all accounts, it should be a bad show. the pacing is incredibly slow and there's very little plot to speak of.... yet, it's oddly compelling and fun to watch so I just can't tear myself away from it.

also... Kaisei is just so damn cute.
47922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 9/1/13

iblessall wrote:

I don't understand all the people drooling over Kaisei as a character after one episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's had like maybe 10 lines in the show so far...did I miss something?


And Benten has only been in the show as a plot-device... to give out random trinkets to the MC, to show up in flash-backs, and be generally threatening to the Tanuki. Kaisei has had several lines and has shown up a lot in the series, it's quite apparent that she has feelings for the MC (too many yasu-names), so she keeps helping him out... she is interesting because she didnt reveal herself (untill now); the mystery of the unknown as it were.
38521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Online
Posted 9/1/13 , edited 9/1/13

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Kaisei has officially replaced Benten as my favourite character of this show. Also I think Kaisei has more of a personality than Benten who is just a background evil most of the time.


I think she's cruising for a bruising though. Somebody's ending up in the hot pot, and I suspect it might be her (although maybe with yasaburo getting over whatever his issues are and confronting Benten over it at the finale).


iblessall wrote:

I don't understand all the people drooling over Kaisei as a character after one episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's had like maybe 10 lines in the show so far...did I miss something?


Maybe it was the mystery of the unknown, but I've been more interested in her than with Benten the whole time.
47922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Online
Posted 9/1/13 , edited 9/1/13

windsagio wrote:


kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Kaisei has officially replaced Benten as my favourite character of this show. Also I think Kaisei has more of a personality than Benten who is just a background evil most of the time.


I think she's cruising for a bruising though. Somebody's ending up in the hot pot, and I suspect it might be her (although maybe with yasaburo getting over whatever his issues are and confronting Benten over it at the finale).



I had actually thought of that, and it made me sick that it might happen... if it does, I hope he bursts in and saves her, and confronts Benten about it.
38521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Online
Posted 9/1/13

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

I had actually thought of that, and it made me sick that it might happen... if it does, I hope he bursts in and saves her, and confronts Benten about it.


Heh to be honest I always get a bit nervous at this point in series I like. You totally know something is about to go down, but it's not entirely clear what (at least they're forshadowing some this time :p)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.