Remove this ad
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Post Reply Which do you prefer Automatic or Manual?
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

casualbrutality wrote:

i'm currently driving auto but i can drive manual as well. even though manual is a bit more tedious and i sometimes stall at lights/stop signs, it's still pretty fun. vrrr vrrr vrrrrrmmmmmmm


hahaha reallly? you can drive manual? i think thats like one of the first asian girls that i know that have said that...would u like to drive my car(s) ^_~ hahaha j/k do you mean you stall when your coming to the stop? or when your already stopped and your about to go?
4856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
well i cant say if its hard to drive a manual cause i aint even old enough to drive 1 more year, Although it can't be rocket science driving a manual, Everyone stalls at some point even if you been driveing for years. As of the other post she most likely stalls when your about to go from the lights, Ive seen it happen a lot
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

sycodan wrote:

well i cant say if its hard to drive a manual cause i aint even old enough to drive 1 more year, Although it can't be rocket science driving a manual, Everyone stalls at some point even if you been driveing for years. As of the other post she most likely stalls when your about to go from the lights, Ive seen it happen a lot



or coming to a stop without holding down the clutch (still in gear while slowing down) usually stalls after
4856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
oh i never knew that Like i said i have never driven a car before although that is no excuse to say i didn't know that
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

sycodan wrote:

oh i never knew that Like i said i have never driven a car before although that is no excuse to say i didn't know that


lol yah i can tell...(info says your 15) haha so you do have a excuse

think about it though, how do you stall....when your in gear right? so imagine your in 5 or 6 (depending on car) and you see a stop and you hit the brakes w/o popping the gear in neutral....so it would stall lol makes sense?

4856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

yangss14 wrote:


sycodan wrote:

oh i never knew that Like i said i have never driven a car before although that is no excuse to say i didn't know that


lol yah i can tell...(info says your 15) haha so you do have a excuse

think about it though, how do you stall....when your in gear right? so imagine your in 5 or 6 (depending on car) and you see a stop and you hit the brakes w/o popping the gear in neutral....so it would stall lol makes sense?



Yea i suppose it does make sense but if your going to stop at the traffic lights i doudht you would be allowed to travel so fast you would be in either 5 or 6 and like you would slow down controled shifting down gears slowly. But i suppose what you said is right, theres lots of ways you can probably stall.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

sycodan wrote:


yangss14 wrote:


sycodan wrote:

oh i never knew that Like i said i have never driven a car before although that is no excuse to say i didn't know that


lol yah i can tell...(info says your 15) haha so you do have a excuse

think about it though, how do you stall....when your in gear right? so imagine your in 5 or 6 (depending on car) and you see a stop and you hit the brakes w/o popping the gear in neutral....so it would stall lol makes sense?



Yea i suppose it does make sense but if your going to stop at the traffic lights i doudht you would be allowed to travel so fast you would be in either 5 or 6 and like you would slow down controled shifting down gears slowly. But i suppose what you said is right, theres lots of ways you can probably stall.


lol what???

my 5th gear in my 240's at about 2000rpm i go about 45 in 5th gear
in my z at 2000rpm in 6th is almost about the same

uhmmm you dont necessarily have to engine brake (thats what your talking about downshifting slowly while slowing down) i dont do it, i just pop it into neutral and slow down using brakes

4856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

yangss14 wrote:


sycodan wrote:


yangss14 wrote:


sycodan wrote:

oh i never knew that Like i said i have never driven a car before although that is no excuse to say i didn't know that


lol yah i can tell...(info says your 15) haha so you do have a excuse

think about it though, how do you stall....when your in gear right? so imagine your in 5 or 6 (depending on car) and you see a stop and you hit the brakes w/o popping the gear in neutral....so it would stall lol makes sense?



Yea i suppose it does make sense but if your going to stop at the traffic lights i doudht you would be allowed to travel so fast you would be in either 5 or 6 and like you would slow down controled shifting down gears slowly. But i suppose what you said is right, theres lots of ways you can probably stall.


lol what???

my 5th gear in my 240's at about 2000rpm i go about 45 in 5th gear
in my z at 2000rpm in 6th is almost about the same

uhmmm you dont necessarily have to engine brake (thats what your talking about downshifting slowly while slowing down) i dont do it, i just pop it into neutral and slow down using brakes



Oh i never knew you could do that, I thought it would have messed the gears up or something, I don't really know much about cars although i like talking about them and stuff. And i thought you would have had to be going preatty fast to be in 5th gear something like 60 ~ 70 mph but i was obviously wrong there

8617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
I prefer manual.
Idk, something about having to deal with shifting gears keeps me more alert all around.
I feel safer driving a manual.
2434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
i do it wif manual in game =x its faster and able to control the car better den auto
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
doesnt matter..... and when it comes to racing auto actually has the advantage if its from the launch(auto will take the launch on a manual and the advantage of nver miss shift) believe it or not, manual has the advantage on roll on races....but either way im fine wid both
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
Manual every time.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
manual. hey. im european.
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
manual. hey. im european.


Cool were you from?
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

Gomix wrote:

doesnt matter..... and when it comes to racing auto actually has the advantage if its from the launch(auto will take the launch on a manual and the advantage of nver miss shift) believe it or not, manual has the advantage on roll on races....but either way im fine wid both


uhhh wrong....you cant launch as good on automatic as you can manual, your thinking of someone who doesnt really know how to drive yet....manual>auto when it comes to racing (not just drag racing but autoxing and drifting) yes automatic will never miss shift but if youve driven manual and automatic be4 then you will know that automatic shifts A LOT slower than you can in a manual...soo...just letting you know..not to be an a$$ (this excludes a tt supra,fd and i think one more car im forgetting) maybe if you ran a auto ecu in your manual probably will be faster (its somewhat been proven lol) yah....i need to stop drinking already...wayy too early..lol
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.