First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply Gatchaman Crowds
38447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

salinas0731 wrote:

So just watched ep1 and was bored out of my mind. Started to fall asleep but that might be because I'm a little tired. Even then, if the anime is interesting enough it'll keep me awake. Is there hope beyond the 1st ep? Disclaimer I'm not usually into the gaining power/transform from cards or books type of animes, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons.


Stef kind of said it too, but the show is a massive bait-and-switch. It's presented as a 'power up and fight the baddie!' show, but it's really not (as far as we can tell).

At least try ep 2 or 3 though, You can't get a feel for Hajime until then. (And keep reminding yourself, 'this isn't really an action show!')

--of course theres an even chance you'll still hate her after that, but at least you'll have a feel for what they're trying.
35764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Well after 3 ep I can't say that I hate it but I'm not particularly interested enough to keep watching at this time. Hajime is a bit annoying and they have like 3 different story lines going, at least at that point. I can tell the MESS line means nothing, or very little, so that only leaves the shape shifting alien that likes to cause chaos and the GALAX leader, just damn confusing imo.

If the story line evolves into a commentary about how society has become dependent on social media and how social media can manipulate people, then it would be awesome. I don't see it going that way, so I'll just put it on the back burner again until I run out of shows to watch.
38447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13

salinas0731 wrote:

Well after 3 ep I can't say that I hate it but I'm not particularly interested enough to keep watching at this time. Hajime is a bit annoying and they have like 3 different story lines going, at least at that point. I can tell the MESS line means nothing, or very little, so that only leaves the shape shifting alien that likes to cause chaos and the GALAX leader, just damn confusing imo.

If the story line evolves into a commentary about how society has become dependent on social media and how social media can manipulate people, then it would be awesome. I don't see it going that way, so I'll just put it on the back burner again until I run out of shows to watch.


It's definitely not for everyone, for sure

I like it because of it's deconstructionist qualities though, that's what keeps me engaged.

Edit: Watched it now, no time to be neurotic!

And... goddamn I love this show more every moment.

The only weird thing is I feel like it should be on NHK or something, such a massive number of positive life lessons up in this.
35764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

windsagio wrote:

It's definitely not for everyone, for sure

I like it because of it's deconstructionist qualities though, that's what keeps me engaged.

Edit: Watched it now, no time to be neurotic!

And... goddamn I love this show more every moment.

The only weird thing is I feel like it should be on NHK or something, such a massive number of positive life lessons up in this.


I could see the life lessons theme in the ep 2 and I'm down with that. Maybe I'll give it another 2 ep when I finish the homework I should be doing while typing this
38447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Don't feel like I'm trying to browbeat you into watching it or anything, I just get excited on occasion ><
41387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13


The story lines definitely become more coherent in episode 4, if it wasn't already in episode 3. I like Hajime myself, but I guess I can see why some people might not. There is certainly a bit of social commentary in the show, but until the finale airs, it's hard to tell exactly what it's trying to say.
38447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 9/8/13 , edited 9/8/13
PS: Just rewatched it, didn't see any mention;

UtsuUtsu saying 'Now is not the time to be Utsu-utsu!' and smiling was probably the cutest thing this week!

Edit: More of me carrying on/musing about message under the spoiler tag:

wyrvan 
34757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

windsagio wrote:

PS: Just rewatched it, didn't see any mention;

UtsuUtsu saying 'Now is not the time to be Utsu-utsu!' and smiling was probably the cutest thing this week!

Edit: More of me carrying on/musing about message under the spoiler tag:



You have a really good point there. In fact, looking at the series as a whole, it's possible to divide the show into three parts.

Part 1:Truly look at the situation, identify the true problems and solutions.

Part 2: Work together to fix problems

Part 3: Take responsibility.

(In certain ways, Gatchaman Crowds has a lot in common with Eden of the East.)
25029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Meh, this show is fricking weird. The only two characters I like are Hajime and Utsu. I do watch this every week, but when I do watch the episodes I often think to myself, "Is this what the world looks like when someone is high?"
148350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 9/13/13 , edited 9/13/13

shaunj07 wrote:

Meh, this show is fricking weird. The only two characters I like are Hajime and Utsu. I do watch this every week, but when I do watch the episodes I often think to myself, "Is this what the world looks like when someone is high?"


I thought about that too sometimes but then again, these superheroes are quite something with their contrasting personalities. Hajime is like a nuclear bomb of energy with her hyperactive personality.

Anyways, episode 10 was great!

Go Gatchamannnnnnnnn. Great episode with a lot of action. That fake Rui kinda pisses me off though when he was talking with X..
Holy shit, I love Utsu-tsu's Gatchaman form. Nice.

Joe ftw. Everyone ftw this episode. (except that fake Rui aka Katze)

Utsu-tsu also has a cool Gatchaman form imo:
25732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/13
I seriously cannot believe how few people are talking about this show this season. Might actually be the best of the season, depending on how it all wraps up. But we're getting there.

Nice to have some action today, and it looks like Rui is on his way to getting X back, as well. Could see it all working out like this:


I REALLY liked seeing Pai get angry enough to finally jump into the fray. A little bit of redemption from when he ran away before.
22507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 9/13/13

stark700 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

Meh, this show is fricking weird. The only two characters I like are Hajime and Utsu. I do watch this every week, but when I do watch the episodes I often think to myself, "Is this what the world looks like when someone is high?"


I thought about that too sometimes but then again, these superheroes are quite something with their contrasting personalities. Hajime is like a nuclear bomb of energy with her hyperactive personality.

Anyways, episode 10 was great!

Go Gatchamannnnnnnnn. Great episode with a lot of action. That fake Rui kinda pisses me off though when he was talking with X..
Holy shit, I love Utsu-tsu's Gatchaman form. Nice.

Joe ftw. Everyone ftw this episode. (except that fake Rui aka Katze)

Utsu-tsu also has a cool Gatchaman form imo:


Utsu-tsu's gatchaman form is definitely the best!
51549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 9/13/13
ep 10

it was really good

Leader finally gets brave, Jou-san is back, Utsutsu shows her gatcha form

its all coming together nicely for the ending
15209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 9/13/13 , edited 9/13/13

Evilshadowx wrote:


stark700 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

Meh, this show is fricking weird. The only two characters I like are Hajime and Utsu. I do watch this every week, but when I do watch the episodes I often think to myself, "Is this what the world looks like when someone is high?"


I thought about that too sometimes but then again, these superheroes are quite something with their contrasting personalities. Hajime is like a nuclear bomb of energy with her hyperactive personality.

Anyways, episode 10 was great!

Go Gatchamannnnnnnnn. Great episode with a lot of action. That fake Rui kinda pisses me off though when he was talking with X..
Holy shit, I love Utsu-tsu's Gatchaman form. Nice.

Joe ftw. Everyone ftw this episode. (except that fake Rui aka Katze)

Utsu-tsu also has a cool Gatchaman form imo:


Utsu-tsu's gatchaman form is definitely the best!


that first quote makes me sick. ignorance is bliss, love the naruto avatar, chief -.-




when Utsu-tsu went bird, I seriously came a little. I did not see that coming. at the end when they did their Gatchaman pose together...that's what I call super heros: lookin' super cool while kickin' ass. Utsu-tsu's "Hand of Death" ...that's just awesome.

yeah, I might of shed a tear or two during this episode. everything's coming to an end for the season and the shows really turn up the feels. Pai-Pai running to the aid of the kindergarten was precious.

yeah, looks like X noticed the real Rui in the security camera. X has probably compiled enough data to statistically and factually show that the Rui logged in is not the real Rui by now. everything seems to be tightening up nicely. the final showdown where Hajime confronts Katze will be mighty interesting and maybe devastating. I thought Sugane was going to die there for a moment this episode, anyone else get that? when he was crying out to Joe.
5280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 9/13/13 , edited 9/13/13
Episode 10
Umada losses control the Neo Hundreds.

Utsutsu's gatchaman looks cool.


Character development for Paipai
http://24.media.tumblr.com/403479d4432843a3e0955d8f38242cc6/tumblr_mt30uyhZn41rwybmwo2_500.png
Spinning...

3,2...Gatcha!!!(Dat pose XD)


Katze betrays Umada,so it looks like he'll need help from the gatchaman to save his family.
Wonder who these guys were though?Other of JJ's workers or Katze's workers?Or possibly the real creators of the gatchaman?
Miyano Mamoru and his shark teeth this season XD
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.