Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Gatchaman Crowds
32397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 7/28/13

bonbonsrus

I remember my sister and I getting up early to watch G-Force before school, must have been mid to late 70's it was aired on tv here...at least I think it was before school, maybe it wasn't! So hard to remember much for me except the motion we'd make pounding our fist to our chest and throwing our hand out saying "G-Force!" and trying to imitate the whirl-wind tower or pyramid or whatever it was called when one stood on another shoulders and they spun around...

I remember loving the show though even if I don't remember details. I am enjoying this new iteration so far as well!


I was fortunate to randomly pick up a (malaysian I think) copy of the whole original series a while ago, it... well it actually holds up really well, although it's super episodic of course.

Still, I really really want more callbacks to the original show. This Gatchaman is in origin and organization totally different than the original team, but I'm still hoping they'll tie it into one world somehow (I'm holding onto hope because all the numbers we see, just about, are so high).
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/13
Wow todays episode. * 0* Amazing again , I'm so eager to know if that Rui person was the former gatcha-- or maybe even the old friend of Pai-Pai.

122509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/2/13
Episode 4


Damn it, I keep forgetting that Rui is a trap.

Anyways, an okay episode. Seems like the psychopath with the long scarlet hair is still around killing people huh? 17, 17 fucking casualties. Wow. Otherwise, I also liked a little bonding between Hajime and Utsu-tsu.
14865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / † / 京
Offline
Posted 8/2/13
Wasn't as good as Ep. 3... but at least I got some more Utsutsu!!
Still lovin' the show tho!!
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/2/13
Episode 4:

I liked it, the villain is just coco for coco puffs lol

Joe-san's first Gatchman form appearance and he gets beaten, damn it, we need a rematch!
17180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

Episode 4:

I liked it, the villain is just coco for coco puffs lol

Joe-san's first Gatchman form appearance and he gets beaten, damn it, we need a rematch!


This seemed more like one of those "I'm fighting the enemy general way too early" type of fights. Surely he'll get a chance to fight back... or motivate the others to do so later.
16211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/2/13

stark700 wrote:
Damn it, I keep forgetting that Rui is a trap.


Ehhhhhhhhhh!?!?! Wut.
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/2/13

Tsum wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Episode 4:

I liked it, the villain is just coco for coco puffs lol

Joe-san's first Gatchman form appearance and he gets beaten, damn it, we need a rematch!


This seemed more like one of those "I'm fighting the enemy general way too early" type of fights. Surely he'll get a chance to fight back... or motivate the others to do so later. :P


Definitely need more Iron Man on fire fights haha


iblessall wrote:


stark700 wrote:
Damn it, I keep forgetting that Rui is a trap.


Ehhhhhhhhhh!?!?! Wut.


...you didn't know?
16211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/2/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


iblessall wrote:


stark700 wrote:
Damn it, I keep forgetting that Rui is a trap.


Ehhhhhhhhhh!?!?! Wut.


...you didn't know?


Nope. Not at all. Then again, Hatsur in Nyarko-San was the first trap I ever encountered, so I don't have a lot of experience identifying them. Generally, they annoy me though, because I don't expect them or look for them.
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/5/13
I wonder if the Galax app exist in real life.
122509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 8/9/13 , edited 8/9/13
Episode 5



"Broken child"? Hmm....
>Everyone can become heroes. That talk with Umeda-san about idealism and stuff was kinda interesting I guess. Changing the world isn't so damn easy, you know?

Oh and Hajime looks cute in a ponytail. JUST SAYING.Ofc, she's badass to be a hero/Gatchman. Decent episode with the tunnel drama. Dat cliffhanger...

I'll look forward to seeing what happens next time~
38600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 8/9/13
Episode 5:

Getting better with each episode and Hajime more likable.

Because "that's what heroes do" good Hajime quote right there
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 8/9/13 , edited 8/9/13
AHH THE FEELS. THIS ANIME IS TOO GOOD -faints-. Hajime never seems to not surprise me, with something awesome.

I feel so pumped D:< ahhhh - flips tables-
Banned
13159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 8/9/13 , edited 8/9/13
I've wanted to claim this as my favorite anime of the summer since Episode 2... I said I'd give it about halfway through before I made my decision and I have made my decision. THE Best. so much symbolism, love the character design, the plot is really appealing to me, I love all the personalities of each character, Hajime's constant quest for knowledge("if you seek answers, you must ask questions" - Yoda's Race), Utsu-tsu undeniable adorableness!!! >.< the red in her cheeks reminds me of how they depict "dolls" in anime... I don't know if that's some sort of a clue. but I could just go on about this anime! I'm obsessed!

GATCHAMAN!



20673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / East Coast
Online
Posted 8/10/13

Compl3te wrote:

I've wanted to claim this as my favorite anime of the summer since Episode 2... I said I'd give it about halfway through before I made my decision and I have made my decision. THE Best. so much symbolism, love the character design, the plot is really appealing to me, I love all the personalities of each character, Hajime's constant quest for knowledge("if you seek answers, you must ask questions" - Yoda's Race), Utsu-tsu undeniable adorableness!!! >.< the red in her cheeks reminds me of how they depict "dolls" in anime... I don't know if that's some sort of a clue. but I could just go on about this anime! I'm obsessed!

GATCHAMAN!






That EP Rui is a major force., Hajime is just the best logic ever.The tunnel collaspe from last year was used in the story.But the best Rui meets Hajime
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.