First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
How can this section can benefit the forum?
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/08 , edited 1/26/08
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this section made because it's a known fact that 90% of the posts in this forum are borderline spam?

I think it's a bit of a shame that such a section as this "Extended Discussion" had to actually be made, probably for topics that actually have a bit of a point, or just attempt to make people think.
The fact that so many of the posters leave 1-line posts with absolutely no point such as "Dunno", kinda tells me that there are quite a number of people who cannot hold up a conversation even with the aid of the a keyboard and probably a fair amount of time to think up of a reply, if reply at all.
If you know what I'm talking about, do you agree?

Why do you think there are so many of these kinds of posts? Any kind of reasons you can think of?

On the other hand, it was a good idea for this to be implemented, and I hope more people will be posting here whilst gaining an ability to grasp their own ideas/opinions, and express it clearly.
17094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
CR Points most likely... I mean, I don't know why people do it, it makes no sense... I agree this "Extended Discussion" is needed..

CR points is the only that could benefit them... which to be honest, people are stupid if they value CR Points as brag rights...
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Oh yeah, CR Points.
I'm not entirely sure, is there any point to them other than enabling the user to create new threads/use chat/etc?
7669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Look up.
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
In some forums locations, they made a random idiotic discussion forum where they'd delete every topic that got older than 2 days without a post. There they could let the random discussers do what they want (within reason) and not worry about being bogged down. Just a business tactic.

I should also add that they didn't get points/post increases from said forum.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / on crunchyroll..duh!
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
CR points??...they r not that important...if u hv more then 5oo u can do anything u want in this site...chat/make threads/finding users...so i don find the point in spamming or anything ppl tends to do to obtain more CR points..
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 1/26/08
Boredom most likely, spend some time in WoW EU's OT or the American one and you'll see ~_~
Posted 1/26/08

Gabcom wrote:



Why do you think there are so many of these kinds of posts? Any kind of reasons you can think of?



Well, most of the time I only go on the Anime section forum.

Narutards. In my perspective, they're a group of mindless little brats who are impossible to deal with. You can't be rational with them, and they just troll around the forum.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Can extended disucssion threads be moved her? anyways MY GOD THANK YOU SHINJI!!! I love you oh so much, my dreams have come true!! SHINJI!!! I LOOOVE YOU!!! This will hopefully be like the old forums and my old rusty self will be brought back to life... <3
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

Eudd wrote:

Well, most of the time I only go on the Anime section forum.

Narutards. In my perspective, they're a group of mindless little brats who are impossible to deal with. You can't be rational with them, and they just troll around the forum.


Ahaha I know what you mean. Actually, there are MANY people who are like that, plain irrational and at times, offensive. Probably better known as ignorant. I just had the experience of being around huge crowds of little kids who think they are cool and because of that, they own the world. Talking sense into them just doesn't work. Shame that there are a fair few adults many years older than me/you/us who are kinda the same (thinking about that, it is indeed QUITE a shame).

A global example, Christians. (Not bagging out Christianity or anything, but we all know there are the few Christians that take things way out of hand in any/every way possible. I think you'd know what I'm talking about.)
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

HokiePokie wrote:

Can extended disucssion threads be moved her? anyways MY GOD THANK YOU SHINJI!!! I love you oh so much, my dreams have come true!! SHINJI!!! I LOOOVE YOU!!! This will hopefully be like the old forums and my old rusty self will be brought back to life... <3


Well yeah I am going to do it right now.

Took a bit of begging for shinji to open it. >_>
But anyways finally.

As expected, this section will be more strict. Meaning, posts that did not require any neural activity will be deleted.
bleh ok time to move each thread and clean it a bit.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

Gabcom wrote:


Eudd wrote:

Well, most of the time I only go on the Anime section forum.

Narutards. In my perspective, they're a group of mindless little brats who are impossible to deal with. You can't be rational with them, and they just troll around the forum.


Ahaha I know what you mean. Actually, there are MANY people who are like that, plain irrational and at times, offensive. Probably better known as ignorant. I just had the experience of being around huge crowds of little kids who think they are cool and because of that, they own the world. Talking sense into them just doesn't work. Shame that there are a fair few adults many years older than me/you/us who are kinda the same (thinking about that, it is indeed QUITE a shame).

A global example, Christians. (Not bagging out Christianity or anything, but we all know there are the few Christians that take things way out of hand in any/every way possible. I think you'd know what I'm talking about.)


Not a Christian, but Atheist kids do it too... my god... Atheist kids who think they're 100% right are really annoying. And yes, it's only 14-17 year olds who are acting like this, I mean I don't care if someone is an atheist. I was one for a while, then I was like "maybe there is a God" so... now I think of myself as an agnostic... I think... that's what I am. Never bothered that much. Anyways, yes, it happens with a lot of people. Just like people who think they're right, and they're proud of being a stuck-up brat. Oh well, I just hope people will try to stop talking sense into them. It just mostly never works, some people may seem like they may never change. You can give it a try, but if it takes like 10 pages... it should stop... before that happens.
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

mauz15 wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:

Can extended disucssion threads be moved her? anyways MY GOD THANK YOU SHINJI!!! I love you oh so much, my dreams have come true!! SHINJI!!! I LOOOVE YOU!!! This will hopefully be like the old forums and my old rusty self will be brought back to life... <3


Well yeah I am going to do it right now.

Took a bit of begging for shinji to open it. >_>
But anyways finally.

As expected, this section will be more strict. Meaning, posts that did not require any neural activity will be deleted.
bleh ok time to move each thread and clean it a bit.


I kinda think that's gonna be a bit too much unnecessary work. I think the only the newer (strictly new, like 1 day MAX) threads should be considered, otherwise its just bringing old threads back to life.
Personally, I'd let all new threads be posted here by themselves, having this section start with a clean slate.

But yeah, just my opinion, thanks for the work I guess lol.


HokiePokie wrote:

Not a Christian, but Atheist kids do it too... my god... Atheist kids who think they're 100% right are really annoying. And yes, it's only 14-17 year olds who are acting like this, I mean I don't care if someone is an atheist. I was one for a while, then I was like "maybe there is a God" so... now I think of myself as an agnostic... I think... that's what I am. Never bothered that much. Anyways, yes, it happens with a lot of people. Just like people who think they're right, and they're proud of being a stuck-up brat. Oh well, I just hope people will try to stop talking sense into them. It just mostly never works, some people may seem like they may never change. You can give it a try, but if it takes like 10 pages... it should stop... before that happens.


Err I think I said it's NOT just teenagers who are like that. I've noticed a few people (actually A LOT if you include Christians and as you say, other groups who think they're 100% correct because they have a few people backing them up) are well into their adulthood and can sometimes act like these teenagers.
Hrmm, I don't think you should give up trying to show them another side of the story before even trying lol. Its true, I guess, that some people are just too stubborn/too ignorant to see any sense in ...sense..but people can be like that. Unbelievably inept.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Old threads back to life isn't such a bad thing... as long as people have reason and don't quote people from one month ago. And all the good threads that have been abused/used poorly could be cleaned like Mauz said he would... and it'll make it a "renewed" thread. Which I think is good enough..
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

mauz15 wrote:
bleh ok time to move each thread and clean it a bit.


Lol, have fun ;D

Uhh, yeah the discussion topics in this forum will probably benefit from being moved here, seeing that the rules are stricter. In other forums this wouldn't have been necessary though, since the rules are stricter all around ;3


mauz15 wrote:
As expected, this section will be more strict. Meaning, posts that did not require any neural activity will be deleted

I am pretty sure that a spammer won't stick to or even read the "extra guidelines" for this section (which could well be applied to the whole forum in my opinion), so how about introducing instant bans for breaking the extra guidelines of this section? I'm sure it would much help get the point across.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Social sites have introduced the internet to a large number of people. If in the past, only 2 out of 10 people were accessing the internet, now 8 out of 10 people do... and because of that, the proportion of idiots online has increased dramatically.

I'm not pointing any fingers, so if you feel offended... you're an idiot. Thank you for pointing yourself out.


But seriously, this "idiocy" is quite evident by the fact that "no0bs", as they are arbitrarily called, can be noted by the following attidues that seem to reflect a sort of juvenille delinquency, perhaps due to the fact that the internet offers them a certain level of freedom that is not afforded to them in the real world. Here are a couple attitudes, and tell me if you've come across such people:


1. They like to think that there are no rules online
It's a magical box that allows you to connect to something that isn't really real, and it spurts out just about anything that you wish. It's f**king magical! I google something, and it appears. The world is at your fingertips. Can't find a rare DVD in the market? Torrent it. Miss an old movie you watched 10 years ago? Look on vintage streaming sites. Need some information for your research? Google it.

The internet is such an amazing thing, that it seems like there are no limits. Intoxicated with their level of freedom, they've somehow screwed up the formula by thinking you can do whatever the hell you want when you sign up as a member on a social website or a membership service site. Huh?

A conversation with them would go like this:

Me: Hey, you... knock it off. You're gonna get banned if you keep doing that.
The Idiot: Huh? Says who?
Me: Says the rules.
The Idiot: There are rules?

Unbelievable...


2. They like to think that everyone has to listen to them
This'll be quick and sweet.

*people chatting in the chat rooms*
The Idiot: Hello...
*people chatting in the chat rooms*
The Idiot: Hey guys...
*people chatting in the chat rooms*
The Idiot: Why people ignore me?
*people chatting in the chat rooms*
The Idiot: YOU ALL SUCK!!!


3. They think everyone is talking to them
This is similar to the previous one, but imagine talking to someone in the chat:

Mauz: I hear ed likes to dance around in a tutu... O_o
Me: F**k you.. :P
The Idiot: F**K YOU YOU BIACH!

Huh?


4. They don't realize that the internet is greater than themselves
This is like a compliation of basically all the things that these new age idiots don't know about the internet that they are currently swarming... there have been conventions... systems... configurations... that have existed long before they ever touched a keyboard.

What's the difference between uploading and downloading?
The Idiot: Umm... aren't they the same?

What is internet etiquette?
The Idiot: WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

If you disabled your cookies, could you shop on Amazon?
The Idiot: I shop at walmart.





In the end, all I'm trying to say is that these new-age idiots that have populated the internet are like free-loaders that have NO IDEA that what there doing is unnaceptable, as far as internet standards are concerned. But because of their sheer majority (and the introduction of human rights... dammit), they've gotten their way, and we end up looking like tight-assed scrooges beaning them in the head for doing something wrong.


Honestly, after having reprimanded several of these people in the past for the crap they do, it's ended up become redundant, tiring, and simply useless. You create, and they be dumb... in short, where there's the internet, there will be dumb people. It's something that we just have to cope with and be patient with... otherwise, let's just stick to reality.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.