First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
How can this section can benefit the forum?
20263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

Gabcom wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this section made because it's a known fact that 90% of the posts in this forum are borderline spam?

I think it's a bit of a shame that such a section as this "Extended Discussion" had to actually be made, probably for topics that actually have a bit of a point, or just attempt to make people think.
The fact that so many of the posters leave 1-line posts with absolutely no point such as "Dunno", kinda tells me that there are quite a number of people who cannot hold up a conversation even with the aid of the a keyboard and probably a fair amount of time to think up of a reply, if reply at all.
If you know what I'm talking about, do you agree?

Why do you think there are so many of these kinds of posts? Any kind of reasons you can think of?

On the other hand, it was a good idea for this to be implemented, and I hope more people will be posting here whilst gaining an ability to grasp their own ideas/opinions, and express it clearly.


lol, ok I'm kidding.
But come on man, some times is fun to just let loose and...spam XD (well fun for the one doing it anyways)

Ok, back to your point, separating the forums like this will probably eliminate a portion of those 'one-liner' responses you seem to dread. Considering our internet community consists of ages 3+ and IQs of 0-200, you are bound to get spam no matter where you go. Now considering this was originally just a website for shinji & co. to host some anime, I'd say its progressed pretty well so far.
1225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

Gabcom wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that a few posts in this thread are almost exactly what we've been talking about?
Apart from the "yo" from that guy who was probably being a smart-arse and joking around, some of the other posts make me cringe (extended discussion style).


Dark_Flubba wrote:


Gabcom wrote:


Eudd wrote:

Well, most of the time I only go on the Anime section forum.

Narutards. In my perspective, they're a group of mindless little brats who are impossible to deal with. You can't be rational with them, and they just troll around the forum.


Ahaha I know what you mean. Actually, there are MANY people who are like that, plain irrational and at times, offensive. Probably better known as ignorant. I just had the experience of being around huge crowds of little kids who think they are cool and because of that, they own the world. Talking sense into them just doesn't work. Shame that there are a fair few adults many years older than me/you/us who are kinda the same (thinking about that, it is indeed QUITE a shame).

A global example, Christians. (Not bagging out Christianity or anything, but we all know there are the few Christians that take things way out of hand in any/every way possible. I think you'd know what I'm talking about.)


Wow speaking of ignorant? You use Christians as your example? So..satanists that still 'sarcrifice' animals to this day and age arn't taking things out of hand? You could have even used the KKK for exmaple.

Geez. No offence but that was a stupid example.



Do you know what an example is....
I could have listed many things as you did but I decided to take an example.

Stop trying to start something on the net. Obviously you don't know what I'm talking about with that example and I'll show you next time you're on MSN. Ask me and I'll show give you that link that just has quote after quote of Christians being absolutely ridiculous (Josh gave it to me). And as I said, I'm talking about the FEW who take things out of hand, not you Rice 08 lovers (LOL).
Idiot. I win. (you landed on Boardwalk)

Btw are you at CHunter atm?


I obviously know what an example is .. you basically said so right after you said that.

You still havn't said why you chose Christians as an example. You talk about people being ignorant and childish then you compare that as an equivalent to Christians? Then you go call me an idiot? Lol. I'm not really trying to start anything you're basically asking for it when you say one of the largest religions in the world is childish and ignorant, so your an idiot and I win.

Was at Internet Everywhere. Btw City again tomorrow?
20263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

Dark_Flubba wrote:


Gabcom wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that a few posts in this thread are almost exactly what we've been talking about?
Apart from the "yo" from that guy who was probably being a smart-arse and joking around, some of the other posts make me cringe (extended discussion style).


Dark_Flubba wrote:


Gabcom wrote:


Eudd wrote:

Well, most of the time I only go on the Anime section forum.

Narutards. In my perspective, they're a group of mindless little brats who are impossible to deal with. You can't be rational with them, and they just troll around the forum.


Ahaha I know what you mean. Actually, there are MANY people who are like that, plain irrational and at times, offensive. Probably better known as ignorant. I just had the experience of being around huge crowds of little kids who think they are cool and because of that, they own the world. Talking sense into them just doesn't work. Shame that there are a fair few adults many years older than me/you/us who are kinda the same (thinking about that, it is indeed QUITE a shame).

A global example, Christians. (Not bagging out Christianity or anything, but we all know there are the few Christians that take things way out of hand in any/every way possible. I think you'd know what I'm talking about.)


Wow speaking of ignorant? You use Christians as your example? So..satanists that still 'sarcrifice' animals to this day and age arn't taking things out of hand? You could have even used the KKK for exmaple.

Geez. No offence but that was a stupid example.



Do you know what an example is....
I could have listed many things as you did but I decided to take an example.

Stop trying to start something on the net. Obviously you don't know what I'm talking about with that example and I'll show you next time you're on MSN. Ask me and I'll show give you that link that just has quote after quote of Christians being absolutely ridiculous (Josh gave it to me). And as I said, I'm talking about the FEW who take things out of hand, not you Rice 08 lovers (LOL).
Idiot. I win. (you landed on Boardwalk)

Btw are you at CHunter atm?


I obviously know what an example is .. you basically said so right after you said that.

You still havn't said why you chose Christians as an example. You talk about people being ignorant and childish then you compare that as an equivalent to Christians? Then you go call me an idiot? Lol. I'm not really trying to start anything you're basically asking for it when you say one of the largest religions in the world is childish and ignorant, so your an idiot and I win.

Was at Internet Everywhere. Btw City again tomorrow?


Well, Christianity can be one of three things.
49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing in something that doesn't exist.
49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

DKangN3 wrote:

This forum will benefit all peoples in several ways -- mainly, it'll give the snobby kids a seperate playpen from the little kids. Thus, there will be no more reason for the snobby kids to deride the little kids for their "lack of intelligence" in an effort to curb behavior that they don't agree with for selfish reasons. This will lead to greater overall satisfaction for all involved. Also, the snobby kids can deride each other in fun-filled arguments wherein no compromise will be reached, but great entertainment can be had. Not to mention a curious little kid might wander in, absorb some information, and evolve into a snobby kid. This will be accompanied by flashing lights and theme music.

Last point -- on the internet, rationality is subjective.


Lol, thats a nice little way to put it I guess.
To plainly say and criticize that "Many of Crunchyrollers are stupid" or that they post "stupid posts" and such isn't really fair, seeing as how this site wasn't intended purely for discussion. To continue discussing this, we'd probably have to end up aiming our discussion towards basically the whole human population and all of its diversity, whereas then we'd lose sight of what exactly "stupid" would be, and end up having deep, philosophical conversations that barely relates to us anymore, and we'll be having essays rather than posts (Nature of Existence anyone?).
If anyone gets what I'm saying. Wish I could sleep but I can't..


excalion wrote:

lol, ok I'm kidding.
But come on man, some times is fun to just let loose and...spam XD (well fun for the one doing it anyways)

Ok, back to your point, separating the forums like this will probably eliminate a portion of those 'one-liner' responses you seem to dread. Considering our internet community consists of ages 3+ and IQs of 0-200, you are bound to get spam no matter where you go. Now considering this was originally just a website for shinji & co. to host some anime, I'd say its progressed pretty well so far.


Yeah, you have a point there. This site has become quite popular amongst a what I assume to be a fairly huge number of people, you'd have to assume you'd get people who's thoughts are just beyond comprehension.
On the other hand, I find it more entertaining to post these pole-up-ass kind of posts rather than "no it's gay" kinda ideas. I think, since I've been visiting forums and doing my business, I've become more efficient at expressing my ideas as well as having a clearer grasp on my own thoughts, and all other sorts of goodies that education and society may look favourly on.
Though, I won't deny that the "You seriously have no life and deserve a good ass-reaming from a monkey" kind of post really satisfies me at times.


Oh yeah, Ken, excalion hates Christians. I wouldn't try to argue with him, you'd get more essays than you'd find in an Evangelion thread. lololololol =3
Penis.
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
Getting a bit off topic here guys..
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
^ yeah, time to clean the thread a bit.
7258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Manila
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
^you might want to bring him as an example.

i dont wanna post long but at first when i saw an extended discussion i was like wtf, whats the difference spammers would annihilate this later. but from what ive been reading this would be like no noobs allowed or get judge factor. firstly, i dont think that people here in cr are stupid, i do think there are running idiots who wants their "wild' side notice. stk. Baka.
gtg. just took 3 min.
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
If this forum category is for serious posts, I think moderation to keep spam, flaming, and cleaning up 1 sentence posts would be a good start.
Spamming is always retarded.
Flaming isn't that bad if people actually get heated up about a discussion since it is a serious thread. But people should flame through a personal message if they feel strongly about it. Maybe you can reply to the post and say "I disagree. I'm messaging you now to tell you why." Only point you would do it in the post in this forum category is if you just want people to read you flaming someone else, which is merely an attempt at self-gratification. So if it's a very heated debate with insults or condescending tones, it's best for messages since it also annoys other forum users. But if you're in a heated discussion and are have a serious debate on a topic, make sure that you respect the people in the forum and clearly state your reasons with a thorough explanation so that it doesn't end up being a 30 layered back-to-back response thread.

Also, I don't think a big percent of CR users will use this forum category although there will be enough to keep it alive. (I hope) It's a great idea since the general threads had questions that could bring about long, serious posts while there were small comments or humor mixed in with it. Now it's not all jumbled up and people can decide what kind of thread they would like to participate in.
1225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

excalion wrote:


Well, Christianity can be one of three things.
49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing in something that doesn't exist.
49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.


Why do you define as if you know what Christianity is? Are you a Christian? Have you even been a Christian? Do you know that a God doesn't exist?

You seem to just layout what you think and don't back it up. Or is that just you simply trying to put down a religion simply because you feel like it?

Then again maybe you're a Satanist, hate all, die Christian type?

Well who knows? All I know is that you're an ignorant retard.



2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

tobydiah wrote:

If this forum category is for serious posts, I think moderation to keep spam, flaming, and cleaning up 1 sentence posts would be a good start.
Spamming is always retarded.
Flaming isn't that bad if people actually get heated up about a discussion since it is a serious thread. But people should flame through a personal message if they feel strongly about it. Maybe you can reply to the post and say "I disagree. I'm messaging you now to tell you why." Only point you would do it in the post in this forum category is if you just want people to read you flaming someone else, which is merely an attempt at self-gratification. So if it's a very heated debate with insults or condescending tones, it's best for messages since it also annoys other forum users. But if you're in a heated discussion and are have a serious debate on a topic, make sure that you respect the people in the forum and clearly state your reasons with a thorough explanation so that it doesn't end up being a 30 layered back-to-back response thread.

Also, I don't think a big percent of CR users will use this forum category although there will be enough to keep it alive. (I hope) It's a great idea since the general threads had questions that could bring about long, serious posts while there were small comments or humor mixed in with it. Now it's not all jumbled up and people can decide what kind of thread they would like to participate in.


The "I disagree. I'm messaging you now to tell you why." doesn't sound like any kind of flame. Flaming is to insult someone with no reason or idea backing you up, and makes you sound like a jerk. If the person is kind enough to say "why" in their message, then I think its worth being posted in the forum. If you can contribute another point/perspective to the topic, I think it would almost definitely benefit the readers, and most likely spark more thought and discussion. Though I know what you mean, people can get a bit heated and start insulting, but I'd hope something would be done to discourage that, though I have a feeling it won't happen, unless it's from, as someone said before, a little kid who stumbled upon the snobby kids play-pen.

On another note, it seems like quite a lot of work and effort would be necessary to do as suggested, cleaning up the spam/useless posts and threads as well as other miscellaneous duties. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm happy that the Mods are putting time into it to do us a favour, but I feel it's almost a waste of effort since there already seems to be quite a few spam posts in this thread alone, and the jobs just going to get worse.
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

Gabcom wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

If this forum category is for serious posts, I think moderation to keep spam, flaming, and cleaning up 1 sentence posts would be a good start.
Spamming is always retarded.
Flaming isn't that bad if people actually get heated up about a discussion since it is a serious thread. But people should flame through a personal message if they feel strongly about it. Maybe you can reply to the post and say "I disagree. I'm messaging you now to tell you why." Only point you would do it in the post in this forum category is if you just want people to read you flaming someone else, which is merely an attempt at self-gratification. So if it's a very heated debate with insults or condescending tones, it's best for messages since it also annoys other forum users. But if you're in a heated discussion and are have a serious debate on a topic, make sure that you respect the people in the forum and clearly state your reasons with a thorough explanation so that it doesn't end up being a 30 layered back-to-back response thread.

Also, I don't think a big percent of CR users will use this forum category although there will be enough to keep it alive. (I hope) It's a great idea since the general threads had questions that could bring about long, serious posts while there were small comments or humor mixed in with it. Now it's not all jumbled up and people can decide what kind of thread they would like to participate in.


The "I disagree. I'm messaging you now to tell you why." doesn't sound like any kind of flame. Flaming is to insult someone with no reason or idea backing you up, and makes you sound like a jerk. If the person is kind enough to say "why" in their message, then I think its worth being posted in the forum. If you can contribute another point/perspective to the topic, I think it would almost definitely benefit the readers, and most likely spark more thought and discussion. Though I know what you mean, people can get a bit heated and start insulting, but I'd hope something would be done to discourage that, though I have a feeling it won't happen, unless it's from, as someone said before, a little kid who stumbled upon the snobby kids play-pen.

On another note, it seems like quite a lot of work and effort would be necessary to do as suggested, cleaning up the spam/useless posts and threads as well as other miscellaneous duties. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm happy that the Mods are putting time into it to do us a favour, but I feel it's almost a waste of effort since there already seems to be quite a few spam posts in this thread alone, and the jobs just going to get worse.


At the risk of cluttering up the thread and pissing off the mods, I'm gonna reply by saying that I can't disagree with someone with that good of an avatar.
2554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

tobydiah wrote:

At the risk of cluttering up the thread and pissing off the mods, I'm gonna reply by saying that I can't disagree with someone with that good of an avatar.


Don't know why people bother when faced with that =3
Thx for compliment I guess. (loving the guy/girl who actually makes these dog-suit pics)
20263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
lol ok I'll make an outline for you.

Well, Christianity can be one of three things.(I'll number them for reference)
1. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing in something that doesn't exist.
2. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
3. and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Why do you define as if you know what Christianity is?

It doesn't take a genius to use logic + common sense does it? Oh wait..it does when you are blinded by religious propaganda.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Are you a Christian? Have you even been a Christian?

No, but you dont have to be Christian to understand it's teachings. I'm not a Nazi, but I understand their beliefs, although I dont quite like them, but I still understand them.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Do you know that a God doesn't exist?

Refer to number 2 and 3


Dark_Flubba wrote:
You seem to just layout what you think and don't back it up. Or is that just you simply trying to put down a religion simply because you feel like it?

I've already backed it up plenty in other threads, I can copy/paste them all here but you're not going to read them anyways so I wont bother.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Then again maybe you're a Satanist, hate all, die Christian type?

Frankly, with how your God runs things, I'd rather be a Satanist. But seeing as how I dont need some Diety to blindly believe in to make myself feel secure, I'm not a Satanist either.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Well who knows? All I know is that you're an ignorant retard.

You may have something here, we're all probably ignorant retards.
1225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

excalion wrote:

lol ok I'll make an outline for you.

Well, Christianity can be one of three things.(I'll number them for reference)
1. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing in something that doesn't exist.
2. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
3. and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Why do you define as if you know what Christianity is?

It doesn't take a genius to use logic + common sense does it? Oh wait..it does when you are blinded by religious propaganda.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Are you a Christian? Have you even been a Christian?

No, but you dont have to be Christian to understand it's teachings. I'm not a Nazi, but I understand their beliefs, although I dont quite like them, but I still understand them.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Do you know that a God doesn't exist?

Refer to number 2 and 3


Dark_Flubba wrote:
You seem to just layout what you think and don't back it up. Or is that just you simply trying to put down a religion simply because you feel like it?

I've already backed it up plenty in other threads, I can copy/paste them all here but you're not going to read them anyways so I wont bother.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Then again maybe you're a Satanist, hate all, die Christian type?

Frankly, with how your God runs things, I'd rather be a Satanist. But seeing as how I dont need some Diety to blindly believe in to make myself feel secure, I'm not a Satanist either.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
Well who knows? All I know is that you're an ignorant retard.

You may have something here, we're all probably ignorant retards.


You amaze me, you really do.

You seem to think your a genius? Also how did you come to that fact that your 'logic' happends to be correct? - Can't I simply say It doesn't take a genius to use logic + common sense does it? Oh wait..it does when you are blinded by the fact that you will not taking anything new, only what you believe is correct must be correct in your eyes.


excalion wrote: No, but you dont have to be Christian to understand it's teachings. I'm not a Nazi, but I understand their beliefs, although I dont quite like them, but I still understand them.


What makes you think you understand them? You simply said in basic terms .. "Yeah I don't like 'em but I understand 'em oh yeah and I really don't like them" - What do you actually understand about Christianity? Apart from your little percentage that 'MUST' be correct in your eyes?


excalion wrote: 2. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
3. and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.


So you understand Christian's teaching which are about God, but you say it's about a bunch of idiots who think they can understand God? - Since you 'understand' Christianity which is about understanding God, does that put you into that 49.5% of idiots? Once again you refer to your 'logic' which you obviously believe is the only correct thing.


excalion wrote: I've already backed it up plenty in other threads, I can copy/paste them all here but you're not going to read them anyways so I wont bother.


Go on, C/P them here. Why assume I won't read them? You don't know me.



excalion wrote: Frankly, with how your God runs things, I'd rather be a Satanist. But seeing as how I dont need some Diety to blindly believe in to make myself feel secure, I'm not a Satanist either.


So why not tell me what you hate oh so much about how 'my' God runs things then? Hell, why not tell me why Satanism is 'better'? Haha once again it's about 'blindly believing'? So...everyone who believes in anything would be 'blindly believing'. Do you not believe in something because you have faith in it? Because you believe it is good. Then again who know's what your thinking.



excalion wrote: You may have something here, we're all probably ignorant retards.


Some more so than others.


20263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
Ugh, fine, since you insist on bickering, I'll humor you.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
You amaze me, you really do.

Yay let's be sarcastic because that will get things accomplished.


Dark_Flubba wrote:
You seem to think your a genius? Also how did you come to that fact that your 'logic' happends to be correct? - Can't I simply say It doesn't take a genius to use logic + common sense does it? Oh wait..it does when you are blinded by the fact that you will not taking anything new, only what you believe is correct must be correct in your eyes.

No I don't really think I'm a genius, I said it doesn't take a genius to use logic, but it probably WILL take a genius if this particular individual was exposed to religious propaganda first to see past that and use logic.
And please, during the past 2 weeks or so, I've read about 1500+ pages dealing with the nature of religion, don't assume I'm not taking in anything new just because I didn't initially cite any examples to support my claims. I just couldn't be bothered.


Dark_Flubba wrote:

excalion wrote: No, but you dont have to be Christian to understand it's teachings. I'm not a Nazi, but I understand their beliefs, although I dont quite like them, but I still understand them.


What makes you think you understand them? You simply said in basic terms .. "Yeah I don't like 'em but I understand 'em oh yeah and I really don't like them" - What do you actually understand about Christianity? Apart from your little percentage that 'MUST' be correct in your eyes?

Actually I was just using an example to show that you don't have to be a part of something to understand it. The example I used were the Nazis, and I meant I don't like the Nazis' beliefs.


Dark_Flubba wrote:

excalion wrote: 2. 49.5% chance its a bunch of idiots running around believing they can actually understand God.
3. and 1% chance its a bunch of idiots running around blindly and believing illogical nonsense that actually happened to be right.


So you understand Christian's teaching which are about God, but you say it's about a bunch of idiots who think they can understand God? - Since you 'understand' Christianity which is about understanding God, does that put you into that 49.5% of idiots? Once again you refer to your 'logic' which you obviously believe is the only correct thing.

Ok well since I'm humoring you, I'll take the time to point out your invalid deductions(logical fallacies)
You basically did this:
1. X attempts to explain Y
2. A understands X
----
Therefor: A believes X.....what?
----

Also, I blatantly stated before we're all idiots. I'm not claiming my logic is correct, I'm merely claiming that given the evidence we have, it is the more logical.

(oh btw, another logical fallacy is called "ad hominem" look it up, should help in future debates)


Dark_Flubba wrote:

excalion wrote: I've already backed it up plenty in other threads, I can copy/paste them all here but you're not going to read them anyways so I wont bother.


Go on, C/P them here. Why assume I won't read them? You don't know me.

Ok you asked for it o.o



The idea of perfection can exist in our minds, but perfection cannot exist in the physical world.

I think the next thing you mention has something to do with not always trusting what we percieve. That is absolutely true, I think I made a post about something like that in another topic about gravity. Either way, it is true we have no way of being absolutely sure of anything about anything, but the universe is a system of probabilities, some more likely than others. Even the most deductive logical sequence is only a probability, a very very very good one, but still only a probability.
Logicians usually separate logical arguments into two major categories, inductive and deductive. Inductive is supposed to be based on probability and deductive is supposed to be based on absolutes. But you take into consideration the near impossibility of having absolutely true premises due to our imperfect senses, Pure deductive logic is near impossible:

"again, something exists in our mind, but takes no physical 'realistic' form"

After all that probably useless background material, my point here is this:

Although human logic is probably very very flawed, as much as we can percieve, it usually works. And the same goes for everything else. We take what makes the most sense to us, and stick with it, although we know its probably false, but its the best false truth we have.

As an argument against Berkeley's proposition, consider this:

God percieves us, God percieves mountains, God percieves trees, and as such they exist.

And God exists to percieve all things, because we percieve God.

That is the essence of what I'm trying to say. Of course we can follow this circle to infinite...but I'd rather not. Just to me...the false truth that God is a being that only exists because we percieve of him as so in our minds makes more sense to me.




Understanding the fact that you do not support any particular system, you seem to have adopted a system for yourself however. Although this system is not widely in circulation in the general populace it is not unique. No matter, this system is, even though you tried to deviate from the norm of society, still an end product of logic, reasoning and the influence of cultures.
This reminds me of the relativism theory. The theory states that there are no absolute truths, but if that was true, the theory would itself become an absolute truth, which would violate itself.

It seems no matter which path we take, in the end we just hit a wall and can go no further.

These are all ideas in our heads. The systems, these contradictions, these paradoxical situations. As we cannot answer these questions with a concrete idea, maybe human beings created the idea of a God as the unknown entity to fit into this puzzle.

If our perception of reality is just our own imagination, we now have this picture.

--Human beings are not, and cannot ever, be perfect. This includes both physical and mental prowess, but we want to be.
--Due to these imperfections, our mind perceives many many problems, contradictions and paradoxes.
--But we want to be perfect, so we constantly seek after a solution to these problems.
--After a long time, we realized no such solution is possible (at this current moment).
--So, like frustrated children at a game of chess where all our options are exhausted, we throw the chessboard across the room and yell "I win"
--and thus 'God' was created
--but considering all these imperfections are actually created by our imagination (as without imagination we would not even know what imperfection is)
--and thus our imagination, fueled by our desire to be perfect, created this wild card called 'God'
--and the only way to actually be able to achieve perfection(at least mentally) in the state our world is in right now is by using this wild card.

We can also see this as a balance. Lets suppose these 'walls' we hit in philosophy are an infinite (seeing as most of them just go in circles), the only way to balance out this infinite is with another infinite (the idea of God). And that's what the idea of God turns into for those who believe in him I suppose.




God is a Being to whom we ascribe our perfections and ideas which escape our comprehension. He is also the event, far beyond our grasp, which authored our Universe.

"He(God) is a Being infinitely perfect--of this we cannot doubt. But in the same manner as we ought not to imagine, even supposing him corporeal, that he is clothed with a human body, as the anthropomorphites asserted, under color that that figure was the most perfect of any, so neither ought we to imagine that the spirit of God has human ideas or bears any resemblance to our spirit, under color that we know nothing more perfect than a human mind. We ought rather to believe that as he comprehends the perfections of matter without being material...he comprehends also the perfections of created spirits without being spirit, in the manner we conceive spirit: that his true name is He that Is, or, in other words, Being without restriction, All Being, the Being infinite and universal."

"But as all perfection is entirely relative, we ought never to imagine that we comprehend the attributes of this divine Being, or to suppose that his perfections have any analogy or likeness to the perfections of a human creature. Wisdom, thought, design, knowledge--these we justly ascribe to him because these words are honorable among men, and we have no other language or other conceptions by which we can express our adoration of him. But let us beware lest we think that our ideas anywise correspond to his perfections, or that his attributes have any resemblance to these qualities among men. He is infinitely superior to our limited view and comprehension, and is more the object of worship in the temple than of disputation in the schools."



Dark_Flubba wrote:

excalion wrote: Frankly, with how your God runs things, I'd rather be a Satanist. But seeing as how I dont need some Diety to blindly believe in to make myself feel secure, I'm not a Satanist either.


So why not tell me what you hate oh so much about how 'my' God runs things then? Hell, why not tell me why Satanism is 'better'? Haha once again it's about 'blindly believing'? So...everyone who believes in anything would be 'blindly believing'. Do you not believe in something because you have faith in it? Because you believe it is good. Then again who know's what your thinking.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus


Dark_Flubba wrote:

excalion wrote: You may have something here, we're all probably ignorant retards.


Some more so than others.

In the presence of the infinite, we are all fools of the same degree.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.