First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Problems with achievement
5656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/13
I have finished 4 shows recently, and have only gotten Anime Convert for one of them. Granted, it's just a silly online achievement that serves no purpose in the end, but it's frustrating that I finish shows and expect the achievement to pop up, but it's not there. I finished Myself;Yourself, School Days, and My Teen Romantic Comedy and didn't get the achievements for them. The most recent "show" I finished was The Place Promised in Our Early Days, which is split into four parts. I have not finished anything since finishing that since last night, so I don't know if the problem has indeed fixed itself, but does anyone have an explanation as to why the achievement isn't working?

I did watch every episode from beginning to finish, but I tend to skip OPs and EDs, but that has never been a problem before.
43664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/10/13

WednesdayBookLove wrote:

I have finished 4 shows recently, and have only gotten Anime Convert for one of them. Granted, it's just a silly online achievement that serves no purpose in the end, but it's frustrating that I finish shows and expect the achievement to pop up, but it's not there. I finished Myself;Yourself, School Days, and My Teen Romantic Comedy and didn't get the achievements for them. The most recent "show" I finished was The Place Promised in Our Early Days, which is split into four parts. I have not finished anything since finishing that since last night, so I don't know if the problem has indeed fixed itself, but does anyone have an explanation as to why the achievement isn't working?

I did watch every episode from beginning to finish, but I tend to skip OPs and EDs, but that has never been a problem before.


You don't get the ice cream cone for shows that are simulcasts, or recently were simulcasts. Not even sure if you get it for recent catalog additions. You mostly get it for watching and completing older series, and there doesn't seem to be any visible flags for what will trigger it or not.
5656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/13
That make sense for SANFU, but not School Days or Myself;Yourself. I'm just confused as to why I've gotten it for most of the shows I've watched, but not those 3.
1mirg 
62907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 7/10/13 , edited 7/10/13

it's just a silly online achievement that serves no purpose in the end


In the end, the achievement system on crunchyroll does not really serve any purpose. There is no rhyme or reason for the system to exist, granted that some people like achievements and all. But, if they really want to have this kinda system work properly, then there needs to be more to it than just getting a sticker saying 'i did this' or something. You need to give people more of a reward than just that xD Like, maybe have a reward where you can get a free guest pass, or maybe give people titles for the rewards, or maybe allow them to access a store in which you can use achievements you earn for currency, and actually buy stuff. There is alot more one can do with a achievement system and in the end. The Cr achievement system is just a pointless endeavour to do, or to even strive to 'catch em all' per say.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 7/10/13

WednesdayBookLove wrote:

I have finished 4 shows recently, and have only gotten Anime Convert for one of them. Granted, it's just a silly online achievement that serves no purpose in the end, but it's frustrating that I finish shows and expect the achievement to pop up, but it's not there. I finished Myself;Yourself, School Days, and My Teen Romantic Comedy and didn't get the achievements for them. The most recent "show" I finished was The Place Promised in Our Early Days, which is split into four parts. I have not finished anything since finishing that since last night, so I don't know if the problem has indeed fixed itself, but does anyone have an explanation as to why the achievement isn't working?

I did watch every episode from beginning to finish, but I tend to skip OPs and EDs, but that has never been a problem before.


You can only get the achievement once, before it resets again when you hit a new month.


So since you already have anime convert achievement, you'll need to wait for August before you can get the same achievement again.

Hope that explains it. : )
5656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/10/13
I got Anime Convert 4 times in May and I finished Myself;Yourself in June, for which I have no Anime Convert achievements.
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
Here's the deal.

You won't be awarded any "Anime Convert" achievements on any anime that you watched in two separate months.

So let's say you started an anime on June 30th, then finished it completely on July 2nd. No Anime Convert.

I don't think it really matters how much of a show you actually watch, either. I remember one time that I opened up every episode of Teekyu at once, let them run their course all the way through without watching all of them, and I got the achievement for it.
3009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
I received the achievement 3 times this month for anime that I watched, but did not receive it for finishing at least 2 other series. I just finished Saekano and did not receive an achievement. I did not receive it for AnoHana (finished 2 or 3 days ago). I thought I didn't receive it for another series watched recently, either I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying or Onee-chan ga Kita, but I'm not sure which since I finished both in the same day and received an achievement for one of them.

Just trying to figure out what the pattern is, if any.
58686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 9/28/15

firefairyangel wrote:

I received the achievement 3 times this month for anime that I watched, but did not receive it for finishing at least 2 other series. I just finished Saekano and did not receive an achievement. I did not receive it for AnoHana (finished 2 or 3 days ago). I thought I didn't receive it for another series watched recently, either I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying or Onee-chan ga Kita, but I'm not sure which since I finished both in the same day and received an achievement for one of them.

Just trying to figure out what the pattern is, if any.


You have to watch all episodes on the browser Flash player within a single calendar month.
3009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/29/15

eyeofpain wrote:


firefairyangel wrote:

I received the achievement 3 times this month for anime that I watched, but did not receive it for finishing at least 2 other series. I just finished Saekano and did not receive an achievement. I did not receive it for AnoHana (finished 2 or 3 days ago). I thought I didn't receive it for another series watched recently, either I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying or Onee-chan ga Kita, but I'm not sure which since I finished both in the same day and received an achievement for one of them.

Just trying to figure out what the pattern is, if any.


You have to watch all episodes on the browser Flash player within a single calendar month.


I did that. I watched the episodes in the span of 2-3 days, if not less, per series.
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/15
well Last time I chcked I have like eight of the anime converts so I was wondering what they were, thats why I looked this up. But since I am not a premium member I cannot check the status of them and it really doesn't bother me that much, but I think got two more of them.
43664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/7/15

Goodguy1110 wrote:

well Last time I chcked I have like eight of the anime converts so I was wondering what they were, thats why I looked this up. But since I am not a premium member I cannot check the status of them and it really doesn't bother me that much, but I think got two more of them.


Achievements are something that start over every month, and don't have anything specific to go back on to see why you got them, so premium doesn't really matter. You can look at a page from your profile to see everything you have collected since last January ("see all achievements", then "see all achievements this year"), even if you're not premium, but then on Jan 1 of each year, the whole thing gets wiped clean again and you start over.
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15
Thanks for the info. I am trying to be more proactive with my anime watching, I am on crunchyroll more now than when I started my account, I validated my account and name like a few weeks ago. Im still at the point where I realize that the dub is worse than the sub; but I still have favorites that are in dub. Like I was watching mongolian chop squad a while back and I had to go dub the site I was watching had horrible lag and I forgot other sites might have better versions of the sub.
58686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/7/15

Goodguy1110 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I am trying to be more proactive with my anime watching, I am on crunchyroll more now than when I started my account, I validated my account and name like a few weeks ago. Im still at the point where I realize that the dub is worse than the sub; but I still have favorites that are in dub. Like I was watching mongolian chop squad a while back and I had to go dub the site I was watching had horrible lag and I forgot other sites might have better versions of the sub.


You can watch Beck on FUNimation.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.