Sunday Without God and Kinmoza in that order for first and second picks
More of my gifs, screenshots, and thoughts @ http://rito2ru.tumblr.com/
No definite yet, but Free! is looking like it may take my spot for favorite summer anime. Watamote is a very close second mostly because it hits very close to home.
Nothing else has really caught my attention though, Monogatari is a continuing series I loved so already expected to enjoy that.
omg it doesn't cater to me that makes it bad!! boo fucking hoo
It'll probably shape up something like this by the end of the season
1. The World God Only Knows: Goddesses
2. Monogatari Series: Second Season (though I'm still waiting for Crunchyroll)
3. Sunday Without God
4. The Eccentric Family
5. Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3
Edit: The Eccentric Family takes number 4 currently. Number 5 honestly is up for grabs though.
I'll say it's a solid summer roster.
I've had a chance to see at least 1 or 2 episodes but so far, Silver Spoon is a treat as I had hoped like the manga. Educational and funny while keeping the Full Metal Alchemist art is great. Having followed The World God Only Knows, the Goddesses Arc is delivering for me even if one lacks the OVA/Manga knowledge. It's doing more with the less some might know, and the tone change adds to Keima's character and the cast. Gatchaman Crowds just began but having seen the older series it's taking parts from makes it one to watch. That music and artwork is refreshing.
Surprise hits for me too are Servant X Service, WATAMOTE (though again heard the manga was solid), and Stella Women's Academy. Long titles on those last two but way above what I was expecting, while Servant takes what seems like a mundane job and makes it funny with that silly cast.
Here, there, everywhere! Online in random spurts when I can be!
My faves are:
1. Silver Spoon
3. Brother's Conflict -This show is awesome, why is no one talking about it?
4. Sunday Without God
5. Blood Lad
Rozen Maiden would probably displace one of these but I'm saving it until I rewatch the first two seasons. Stella Women's Academy has potential, but is doesn't yet approach the quality of my Top 5. Daganronpa is in the same situation, lots of potential but still misses the mark.
We are blessed with some excellent continuing shows as well. Mushibugyo in particular has exceeded my expectations, Hunter x Hunter is better than ever, and AoT is good stuff.
One Punch Mod
Three episodes in and I still have way more in my queue than I planned to. (Decided last season that watching 18 new simulcasts plus a few continuing simulcasts was just preventing me from watching some other things, and doing some other things I'd like, so I was going to try to trim down to less than a dozen). This season--18 new simulcasts still in my lineup!
Top few so far (in no particular order)
The Eccentric Family
Dog & Scissors
Sunday without God
A few others that I seem most likely to watch 'til the end
Rozen Maidens season 3
All the shorts except Teekyu
Monogatari remains unlisted because I haven't started watching it yet.
I started a thread on another site last week to rank the season's shows.
My personal method is to divide the shows into "Tier 1" and "Tier 2" as well as giving each a numerical rank. To a certain extent, it is my "priority list". In other words, what order would I watch them in if they all came out at the same time. Since I sometimes get backed up and watch several shows in a row on weekends, I sometimes use the order I decide to watch them as a clue to how much I really am enjoying them. It is a way of thinking about my own viewing habits that informs me about things I may not have consciously thought about or figured out. I actually surprise myself quite frequently...
The first week had this ranking:
1. Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C³ or C³-bu - This is a big surprise as it wasn't even on my radar in terms of pre-season choices. It is cute, heartfelt, and could be one of the better coming of age shows around if they keep up the good work. I may blog this one... haven't decided yet.
2. Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ - I love Tamayura! It is great! I'm blogging this one this season.
3. Kimi no Iru Machi (A Town Where You Live) - So far, this is fine, but it could go either way in terms of the quality of the anime. The story is top rate and I will enjoy the anime even if it makes me rage at how it doesn't measure up to the manga... I'm also blogging this one.
4. The Eccentric Family - With gorgeous background art by PA Works, a charming slice of bizarre life story, and traditional Japanese fantasy characters placed in a modern setting, this could be the best of the season easily.
5. Dog & Scissors - An absurd premise, outrageous characters, and an instant chemistry between the leading man... or should I say dog... and the tsundere, scissors wielding leading lady make this a show to watch out for...
6. WATAMOTE (~No Matter How I Look at It, Its You Guys Fault Im Not Popular~) - This show about a painfully shy otaku girl that can't seem to get her shining high school life to even glimmer, let alone shine is painfully funny. It has some real heart and wickedly nasty humor. Loving it!
7. Blood Lad - This one has potential to be the best. It is funny and outrageous, good stuff.
8. KINMOZA! (Kin Iro Mosaic) - This cute-girls-doing-cute-things moe fest has heart and some really good characters. So far it is better than I expected.
9. The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - If the intensity that started at the end of episode 1 keeps up, this entire franchise could rise in the ranks, and not just for this season...
10. Servant X Service - A slice of life office comedy that I am really enjoying so far. It is almost in the next tier thanks to the great main female character. It may move there if it keeps the stories away from the typical and treats her with respect.
11. il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion - This Madoka wannabe is dark and edgy and better than I expected so far. I'll keep watching...
12. Chronicles of the 'Going Home' Club - This 4-Koma based anime has some of the funniest moments of the season so far, but has its share of flubs too... I'll keep watching!
13. Silver Spoon - This show has great potential, but so far it is just a slice of life school story about a kid that is going to a rural agricultural school for the wrong reasons (to get away from home, not because he wants to learn about the topics they teach.)
14. Sunday without God - The first episode was OK and the second a little better. The 12 year-old loli leading lady could be a problem if it gets... icky.. and, so far, she is the only likable character, and just barely. It has an interesting, post-apocalypse/dystopian future setting so I'll keep at it...
[NOTE: In the original post, I only put 13 shows. I added #14 when I realized I had missed one of the shows I had watched, which put it last, by the fact that I forgot it... If I didn't remember to put it in the list, it must be last... right? Well, it isn't anymore...]
After this past week, there was quite a shake-up, making my rankings look like this (previous rank in [ ] and italics):
1.  Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C³ or C³-bu - Still standing at number 1, the girls of Stella Women's Academy's C³-bu are still making the summer fun. The action and heart of episode 3 really moved the story along, and a major rival was introduced. Oh, and I am officially blogging C³-bu now.
2.  Sunday without God - In a startling leap from afterthought to nearly unseating the champ, Ai buried all but the cute-girls-with-guns this week. I have not cried that much watching the third episode of a show, ever. Not even Madoka! Toward the middle of episode 3, I was about to pass this off as an also-ran, but the ending was so powerful that it vaulted 12 spots in my ranking. If you haven't watched this show, the first three episodes are worth the price of admission. I can't say it will keep it up, but so far it is looking good. I may pick this up as a every arc blog...
3.  Kimi no Iru Machi (A Town Where You Live) - The 2nd episode was fairly powerful in the way it cherry-picked the back-story to get across precisely the point the director wanted to convey: the real reason that Haruto moved to Tokyo, even without showing their relationship develop it showed the aspect of Yuzuki's personality that made him think she needed help. Good direction with a nearly impossible task: covering a long-running manga in a few short anime episodes. (The more I see, the more I'm convinced that this only has 12 episodes to work with.) Still blogging this one.
4.  The Eccentric Family - The most recent episode pushed it up a notch. Benten is an amazing character.
5.  Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ - It isn't that Tamayura fell in my appreciation of it. Other things just passed it by. It is still where I go to clear out all the cobwebs and make myself feel good at the end of an emotional week of anime! LOL! I'm still blogging this one this season.
6.  WATAMOTE (~No Matter How I Look at It, Its You Guys Fault Im Not Popular~) - This one keeps getting better. Mondays are something special this season, with TWGOK, Dog & Scissors, C³-bu, and WATAMOTE to wrap it up.
7.  The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - As awesome as this is, it can't even breach the top five this season... so far.
8.  Blood Lad - This is still hanging on to the top tier, but it is seeming a bit ... standard shounen.
9.  Servant X Service - Jumping up to Tier 1, this grown up slice-of-lifer is gaining my respect.
10.  il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion - Still has potential. It had a fairly powerful third episode and could be interesting, if it doesn't go off the rails.
11.  Dog & Scissors - Psycho-brocon drops the dachshund down to tier 2...
12.  KINMOZA! (Kin Iro Mosaic) - Still cute. Still better than I expected. Just not as good as some of the other shows.
13.  Chronicles of the 'Going Home' Club - It didn't have an episode this week, so it looses by default...
14.  Silver Spoon - So far this is pretty good, but just not as special as the others.
I rlly like Day Break Illusion and Hyperdimension Neptunia (which isn't on crunchyroll )
Been really into Mayo Chiki! recently... WHERE DA SEASON 2?
Watching quite a few this season, so I will post top 5 faves
-Monogatari Series: Second Season
-The World God Only Knows: Goddess
-The Eccentric Family (Has huge potential to be the best of the season)
On going Faves
- Railgun: S
Sento for President
attack on titan! and watamote..... i only know the watamote part
Now the search for pokemon Z!
Week 4 changes
1 Love Lab This is just my favorite
2 Watamote A dark yet funny comedy.The OP song just rocks.
3 Teeyku always with Senpai
4 Gatchaman Crowds The revelations about Mess And Rui/Galax was eye opening. More bump to come?
5 A Certain Scientific Railgun Second Season
6 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G lots of action My headphones were just rumbling Just a steady anime EP 4 Battle with Tsubassa
7 Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 Funny and Airsoft game play No more Yura's dreams or it fall more
8 Fantasista Doll After EP 4 maybe a bump or not?EP 5
9..Servant x Service If you like"Working" this is cool .
10 High School D x D "I Will Destroy Womans clothes"
11 Kiniro Mosaic An English girl transfers to Japan to be with her friend.A nice surprise so far Another Bump Potential
12 Silver Spoon I like this because I worked in the AG supply business for a while
13 Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku/Going home club Much improved this week
14 TWOGK 3
15 Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo or Daybrealk Illusion Tarot reading girl and friends Has turned a lot dark and dont like not working together!
I like these animes but not sure how to rank them to be fair!
They are a couple that need to be ranked higher but that's next week maybe a top 20 ??
Dog and Scissors
Rozen Maiden S2
A Town Where You Live
Sunday Without God
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Yet to watch
Monogatari Series Second Season
Oreimo OVAS 1-3
STOPPED WATCHING or may Drop
Attack On Titan
Watching 23 animes as favorites with 2 to premier
LOVE LAB "We must research the everliving hell out of love"
My favorite so far is Dog and Scissors but Danganronpa and Il Sole Penetra Le Illusioni are both great as well. Not including any sequels like Highschool DxD s2.
- WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Unpopular!~
- Attack On Titan
- The World God Only Knows
- Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3
- Chronicles of the Going Home Club
Other really good ones I am watching
- Blood Lad
- High School DxD New
- Danganronpa: The Animation
- Fate/Kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA
3. The World God Only Knows Goddess Arc - That scene in episode 3 with Shiori's story is great.
4. Blood Lad
5. Fate/kaleid liner
7. Daybreak Illusion
8. Servant x Service
9. Monogatari 2nd Season - I used to don't care about Bake and Nise, and Neko Kuro is decent, but I started to grow
on the series a little.
10. Sunday Without God - A sorta lost interest a bit.
11. The Eccentric Family
12. Free! - This anime got a little better, Plus this actually like the soundtrack.
Update, my top 12, not really in order as I am having a hard time ranking them still:
Monogatari Second Season
Servant x Service
The Eccentric Family
Sunday Without God
Stella Women's Academy C3
In #llsif Dodging is Cheating. Force quitting your app is obviously wrong!