First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply The End of the Big 3: Bleach, Naruto and One Piece
714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13
Now that bleach has been cancelled we have the Big 2 remaining, and I cant think of any anime that was as popular as bleach back in the day to replace it and be considered one of the Big 3. Not even Hunter x Hunter.

Although I hate only 3 anime's getting most of the attention. I still feel we need some more big and extremely popular anime like One Piece and Naruto?

What do you think can replace or has replaced bleach? As I cant think of anything
10305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
I know that Toriko is one of the top shonens these days
17796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Online
Posted 7/13/13
bleach has been cancelled? or do you mean stopped airing and will return soon?
36857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/13/13


Bleach declined in popularity, which was why it was cancelled, and its been over a year now since Bleach has been cancelled, and everyone's moved on. The Anime imo has a small chance of coming back once the manga has finished, seeing as how Bleach is hardly ever in the top 10 shounen rankings. Fairy Tail is the best example, showing how popular enough it was to come back, after its Hiatus, and to be honest I'd rather have people check out more better anime than the big 3.
14960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Online
Posted 7/13/13

Tashfinz wrote:



Bleach declined in popularity, which was why it was cancelled, and its been over a year now since Bleach has been cancelled, and everyone's moved on. The Anime imo has a small chance of coming back once the manga has finished, seeing as how Bleach is hardly ever in the top 10 shounen rankings. Fairy Tail is the best example, showing how popular enough it was to come back, after its Hiatus, and to be honest I'd rather have people check out more better anime than the big 3.


Yea and it sucks because Bleach was definitely the best one. Anyways regarding Fairy tail, it was already planned that it would resume. They were on a break and simply withheld the news that it would continue.
714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
Is there no other anime as popular as one piece or naruto.

i actually really like the first 70 episodes of bleach.

i heard fillers are what killed bleacj
Posted 7/13/13
All three animes suck. They just don't do the manga justice. I can't really think of anything that would top the popularity like they do.
10174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13
Fairy Tail and Toriko are up there.


cloud360 wrote:

Is there no other anime as popular as one piece or naruto.

i actually really like the first 70 episodes of bleach.

i heard fillers are what killed bleacj


After the Arrancar arc bleach really started to go down the shitter.

35383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Shin Nihon Pro-Wres
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13
I could have really sworn that the Big 3 referred two the three most popular series that appear in Shonen JUMP and Fairy Tail does NOT appear in Shonen JUMP.


But anyways I would go with either Toriko or Gintama. Gin would be so proud to replace and fill in Ichigo's shoes as the new spot
14115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Freiburg
Offline
Posted 7/13/13
Bleach went down after Ichigo defeated Aizen. As for One Piece, I really liked the first few arcs until the end of Alabasta.
1124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/13/13 , edited 7/13/13

deptriddenbutler wrote:

Bleach went down after Ichigo defeated Aizen. As for One Piece, I really liked the first few arcs until the end of Alabasta.






You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

I hear "Attack On Titan" is pretty good, and gaining a lot of popularity.

21504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 7/13/13

KingOfHeroess wrote:

I could have really sworn that the Big 3 referred two the three most popular series that appear in Shonen JUMP and Fairy Tail does NOT appear in Shonen JUMP.


But anyways I would go with either Toriko or Gintama. Gin would be so proud to replace and fill in Ichigo's shoes as the new spot


You're correct. People are citing Fairy Tail as an example of an anime not in the big three, that went on hiatus but is now coming back.

Regarding Bleach. I enjoyed it because it managed to distract me from things when I felt I needed a distraction. That's is the main reason I watch anime, for the distraction. Also, I really enjoyed the soundtrack.
18708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/13

cloud360 wrote:

Now that bleach has been cancelled we have the Big 2 remaining, and I cant think of any anime that was as popular as bleach back in the day to replace it and be considered one of the Big 3. Not even Hunter x Hunter.

Although I hate only 3 anime's getting most of the attention. I still feel we need some more big and extremely popular anime like One Piece and Naruto?

What do you think can replace or has replaced bleach?

As I cant think of anything


bleach hasn't been cancelled, there still doing the manga. All of them are still doing manga.

As a spoiler for Naruto, Obito becomes a jinjuriki of the ten tails. That was the last manga, which was this week.

They put new manga out for all 3 animes on Wednesday.
14115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Freiburg
Offline
Posted 7/13/13

millionaire09002 wrote:

I hear "Attack On Titan" is pretty good, and gaining a lot of popularity.


Dude, it's like the best?
Nah seriously Attack on Titan is the best damn show around. Give it a watch.
35383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Shin Nihon Pro-Wres
Offline
Posted 7/13/13

waverat81 wrote:


You're correct. People are citing Fairy Tail as an example of an anime not in the big three, that went on hiatus but is now coming back.

Regarding Bleach. I enjoyed it because it managed to distract me from things when I felt I needed a distraction. That's is the main reason I watch anime, for the distraction. Also, I really enjoyed the soundtrack.


Thank you for confirming that I'm not spewing shit out of my ass Mr.Guvyer avatar.

And please ignore any bandwaggoners who hate on the big three because it is the cool thing to do.

With that said I think that SKET Dance would be another candidate maybe?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.