First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
George Zimmerman - Not Guilty
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
I agree with the ruling, it was a tragic incident but there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict him and it is likely that he was acting in self defense. Shooting someone who is bashing your head against concrete (which can be fatal) is appropriate force for self defense.

Honestly this issue has turned too much into a deal about race with people like Sharpton, the NAACP, and media outlets wanting to spin this as a "white guy (who is half Hispanic) murders black kid and gets away with it because the kid killed is black." Before the sentencing they convicted him as guilty due to emotions, circumstances, and the need to believe that this is a race issue.
12013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/14/13

chase6565 wrote:


drakedogma wrote:

No one can really say if he's guilty or not. I don't know if he's guilty, I wasn't there, so I can't definitively say that he is guilty or not, just like how I deal with atheism. I don't know if God exists or not, but I'm not arrogant enough to say that he does or doesn't exist because I don't have all the facts. The people who send death threats to zimmerman are no different than the people who congratulate Martin's death, because both have already made an assumption with actually knowing the truth. Did Zimmerman deserved to be assaulted? Did Trayvon deserve to die? I don't know and I won't say that I know, nothing is ever 100% accurate or true.

-Persona 4 philosophy bitches, one of the best videos and the best anime of 2012.


I agree with this!!! This case is really difficult because one: why the hell does Zimmerman make the dumb move of getting out of his car? He was just being nosy and trying to be the Batman of his neighborhood. I blame him for any of this happening. Also, if someone was following me in a creepy manner like that, I'd get pissed off as well. However, from watching the trial and listening to evidence, everything seemed to align with Zimmerman's side of the story. That one witness the prosecution brought in (Trayvon's good friend I think it was?) acted like she didn't even want to be there! I mean wtf?!?!?! Your friend died and you are worried about not wanting to come to trial for a second day to tell the court of what you witnessed???!!!! So I agree with the verdict of not guilty. The fact remains (from what I gather from evidence presented) Trayvon got pissed and started beating the living shit out of Zimmerman. If I was Zimmerman, I would've protected myself as well. Like the person I quoted says though, we really will never know what truly happened. This event should've never occurred. So shame on Zimmerman for getting out of the car, he should've never done it in the first place.



That is not why she was uncomfortable because she got caught in her own lies not once but multiple times. They asked her the same questions multiple times and each time got a different answer and then the girl even admitted later that she was unable to read cursive writing even though she claimed to write said letter in cursive. I agree with most people he shouldn't have gotten out of his vehicle to begin with and if he had stated his intentions out loud to martin and asked him what was going on it could have been avoided however all the evidence points to zimmerman being innocent of second degree murder and hate crimes.

However people will probably still riot "just because".
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Midgar
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

mmadbzfan wrote:

Just a bit ago the jury found GZ not guilty in killing Trayvon Martin. Not even a manslaughter charge. So word of warning everyone stay away from Florida.


I live in FL! D:
12013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/14/13

kissmytoe wrote:


TheJudged wrote:


KyuuA4 wrote:



Oh, and if anybody caught that last part, Trayvon had no duty to retreat if he felt threatened (meaning under attack) by the creepy you know the rest dude following him. Under the SYG laws he had every right to punch and even pummel the guy if he felt his life was in danger. There was enough evidence to surmise such since Trayvon's friend said she heard him say "Get off, get off" during sounds of a scuffle. Her testimony counts as part of the picture as much as anything the guy trying to get off the hook has to say, and evidence didn't discredit it. So we can say safely assume that at the very least each party here scared the life out of the other. That's the problem with these laws. How can you say one person's fear trumps the other. You can't tell a person that it's okay to defend themselves with violence if someone scares them enough and then let the person that frightened them into action claim self defense when they harm/kill them in response. Well, you can since that's exactly what just happened, but it's not just.


You mean "traynvons friend" The same girl who got caught in her own lie multiple times when asked the same questions repeatedly? The girl who said she couldn't read cursive even though she supposedly wrote a letter in a cursive? Trayvons friends testimony was basically ignored the moment they caught her in her lies multiple times and under oath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2349794/George-Zimmerman-trial-Rachel-Jeantel-Trayvon-Martin-prosecutions-star-witness-dragged-coals-defense.html

That site has alot more information that i do but basically she made a disaster of herself and of the prosecutors.
23105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 7/14/13
I don't get it, why is this case so special

People kill people all the time, there are murders every 36 minutes
25405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Kyoko3000 wrote:


mmadbzfan wrote:

Just a bit ago the jury found GZ not guilty in killing Trayvon Martin. Not even a manslaughter charge. So word of warning everyone stay away from Florida.


I live in FL! D:


D= You mean you don't live in Midgar!? T-T I thought that was epic...


pandrasb wrote:

I don't get it, why is this case so special

People kill people all the time, there are murders every 36 minutes


Wow, really? ...I honestly thought it was more often than that.

I totally agree, the media made this much bigger than it should have been, which really makes me mad.
22648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
From the moment I heard all the details in the case at the beginning, it was obvious he would get off. They had no real evidence or witnesses to prove that it was actually him attacking. They also have no proof if he was being attacked. That's more than a reasonable doubt.
7322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in my living room...
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
1 sexual assault every 152 seconds in USA http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/frequency-of-sexual-assault yet oddly no war on rape or sexual assault in USA ?!? No outrage in the media that about 207,754 people are terrorized by rape and or sexual assault every year.


If 1 million Americans were raped and or sexually abused every 5 years by Arabs it would be called terrorism, yet when it's done by fellow Americans it's just swept under the carpet. Please feel free to hate on me and or send me hate mail, all I ask is you keep it original.
9278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Onmarus
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
Florida is a shit hole. We have a radio show where I'm from called dumbass of the day and every single day 4 out of 5 stories are from people in Florida doing the dumbest shit in the world.
15775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Kyoko3000 wrote:


mmadbzfan wrote:

Just a bit ago the jury found GZ not guilty in killing Trayvon Martin. Not even a manslaughter charge. So word of warning everyone stay away from Florida.


I live in FL! D:


Ohh no don't worry we will come and save you!!!!
10176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Clayton
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
I agree with the verdict.
mipegg 
20420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

dukie85 wrote:

The way I see this, nobody won. It's gonna spark even more racism all over, and that shit really isn't needed at this point in time in the US... this was a lose/lose situation, IMO.


And? You cant convict someone if there isnt the evidence or legal precedence to do it simply because its easier...
1084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orlando, FL
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

CrayMeganeChan wrote:



Wow really? I can't and won't speak for other African Americans but as one I am definitely offended by this. How exactly does having Obama in office for a second term cancel it out?



We're in the same boat (as I too am African-American). That comment bugged me too. It doesn't "cancel it out." I'll just look at it as an ignorant post and be done with it... OR perhaps the person was just joking around and purposely wanting to spark the typical black vs white internet hatefest that always seems to take place at times like these. I really don't feel like racism had anything to do with what took place in the Zimmerman/Martin situation. Maybe a liiiiittle profiling, but that's about it.

I think many people and the media wanted to make it about race because it makes the story bigger. Bigger story, higher ratings. As some earlier in this thread mentioned, they blew this case out of proportion. I was surprised by the verdict, but not mad. Just hope the local news stations will finally move on to something else.
64859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

kuronami777 wrote:


CrayMeganeChan wrote:



Wow really? I can't and won't speak for other African Americans but as one I am definitely offended by this. How exactly does having Obama in office for a second term cancel it out?



We're in the same boat (as I too am African-American). That comment bugged me too. It doesn't "cancel it out." I'll just look at it as an ignorant post and be done with it... OR perhaps the person was just joking around and purposely wanting to spark the typical black vs white internet hatefest that always seems to take place at times like these. I really don't feel like racism had anything to do with what took place in the Zimmerman/Martin situation. Maybe a liiiiittle profiling, but that's about it.

I think many people and the media wanted to make it about race because it makes the story bigger. Bigger story, higher ratings. As some earlier in this thread mentioned, they blew this case out of proportion. I was surprised by the verdict, but not mad. Just hope the local news stations will finally move on to something else.


Like the Boston Marathon bombing that just mysteriously disappeared. How about the Fort Hood shooter, not much mention of him other than he fired his lawyer. As long as this story has been out there different people of all races and backgrounds have stirred the pot, and it's the media's ratings that profit from all of the exposure with suggestive wording.
30196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

kuronami777 wrote:


CrayMeganeChan wrote:



Wow really? I can't and won't speak for other African Americans but as one I am definitely offended by this. How exactly does having Obama in office for a second term cancel it out?



We're in the same boat (as I too am African-American). That comment bugged me too. It doesn't "cancel it out." I'll just look at it as an ignorant post and be done with it... OR perhaps the person was just joking around and purposely wanting to spark the typical black vs white internet hatefest that always seems to take place at times like these. I really don't feel like racism had anything to do with what took place in the Zimmerman/Martin situation. Maybe a liiiiittle profiling, but that's about it.

I think many people and the media wanted to make it about race because it makes the story bigger. Bigger story, higher ratings. As some earlier in this thread mentioned, they blew this case out of proportion. I was surprised by the verdict, but not mad. Just hope the local news stations will finally move on to something else.

Just so you know, I'm white and offended by that comment. I'll chalk up the comment to a mixture of "ignorance of youth" and probably that they live in an area where racism isn't the problem it is like in the South. If isn't not something you've experienced personally in same manner, it's hard to understand how powerful it is in places racism is rampant.


I still believe what my first thoughts about this case where. It was two men who made stupid choices in the heat of the moment. Both acted on instinct rather than rational thought. Zimmerman should have called the police and kept his distance and Marten should have confronted rather than attacked. And even in attacking, you don't beat the sh*t out of someone, you incapacitate and get away. But no, Zimmerman wanted to be a hero and Marten became the aggressor.

I do disagree with the verdict, however, and feel Zimmerman should have gotten manslaughter. While yes, the situation turned into him needing to defend himself, his actions are what escalated the situation into him needing to do so in the first place. This entire situation could have been prevented but his initial actions are why we are even discussing this today.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.