First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply George Zimmerman - Not Guilty
27908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

Dlaxrain wrote:

Most evidence supported Zimmermans side and the whole screaming for help thing was on Zimmermans side as well since Martins side couldn't find reasonable evidence and tried to contradict the police with it, but didn't work. In the end it seemed pretty fair to me, people on here who keep saying justice in America is f*cked up is just ridiculous. In Zimmermans point of view he got justice, though if Martin won the case their family would see to it as fair justice. Courts not playing favorites here guys, just serving justice in the court of law with where the evidence is leaning too.


This case aside entirely...justice is pretty messed up in America. Our system is designed to look good more than it is to actually work. Unfortunately with a focus like that it even stops looking good at a certain point. People get preferential treatment all the time while others get completely screwed over just to be an example.
12621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
^The enforcers have way too much power here and do not fear the people. There is no fair system of checks and balances for law enforcement. People get screwed over all the time by corrupt power-tripping cops who can fabricate any story they wish and plant 'evidence' for a 'crime' to fit their story. This is only becoming more apparent as time goes on. Cops serve and protect the system, and the system serves and protects the cops by covering for them. People are victimized as often as (if not more often than) they are helped. Cases take ages to trickle down through the stubborn layers of unnecessary bureaucracy and the system is slow to act on all but the most severe cases. On top of it, a strangely high level of paranoia induced by the media, unique to America, makes people frantic to attempt to regulate anything and everything. Freedom? Pfeh.
Posted 7/14/13
Ahhh self-righteousness and justice. Everyone wants justice... It's funny how the people who want "justice" seem to be acting upon the very same strong sense of self-righteousness that compelled Zimmerman to take action in the first place. How can you condemn a man for trying to uphold the same "justice" you speak of?

I think the jury made the right call. If it cannot be proven without reasonable doubt, then he is not guilty. Simple as that. I don't care about what the media says. No one will ever REALLY know what happened. Besides, there are worst people walking about freely on this Earth. What do you people suggest we do about them? Shall we start a witch hunt?
2684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13


You stated my thoughts exactly on the media. Has a Latino I was amazed to learn that there was this new magical Caucasian Latino that was invented for this case. It's sad that people like Al Sharpton who once served a purpose in trying to create a non-racist America, can't progress and move forward. I'm not saying racism is dead in America, but most people in our generation I see as having moved past the bigoted beliefs of our forefathers, but if were going to have these media blow outs everytime something like this happens we will never move forward. I also really dislike the whole expectation of riots that the media and internet throws around. There were riots after the Rodney King verdict, but that had to do with the corruption and racism that was endemic in the L.A.P.D. as well as a lot of police forces in the country. This case does not have the same type of issues, so it is pretty narrow minded to assume just because they both involve Black people there will be riots. It both shows a lack of perspective and a narrow-mindedness in how they represent the population of Florida. Like you said not everyone is a puppet.

8605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/nyregion/23trial.html?_r=4

And in other news in New York a man shoots a teenager that comes to the front door of his home, and riles up his family, and is sentenced for second degree manslaughter.
2186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Under your bed ;P...
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
I supported Trayvon....
And NOT just because I'm black...
He should have at LEAST been charged with manslaughter
535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / F / Candy Land
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13

Handheldbrandon wrote:



You mean "traynvons friend" The same girl who got caught in her own lie multiple times when asked the same questions repeatedly? The girl who said she couldn't read cursive even though she supposedly wrote a letter in a cursive? Trayvons friends testimony was basically ignored the moment they caught her in her lies multiple times and under oath.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2349794/George-Zimmerman-trial-Rachel-Jeantel-Trayvon-Martin-prosecutions-star-witness-dragged-coals-defense.html

That site has alot more information that i do but basically she made a disaster of herself and of the prosecutors.


As I said " Her testimony counts as part of the picture as much as anything the guy trying to get off the hook has to say,"
She had someone write it for her. How does that make her a liar if she was dictating to them what to write? Anyone who dictates to a secretary what to write in a letter can claim to have written that letter even though it wasn't their hands physically doing the work. She was at least as credible as Zimmerman the guy who lied about not having money that he had and deliberately spoke in code to his wife about it while in jail thinking that noone would figure out what they were talking about. The guy who changed his own account of events several times, and even denied being the one screaming for help when first asked about it (saying it doesn't even sound like you when asked if it is you without immediately adding some sort of statement affirming that it was you despite that fact is denying that it's you) and then claimed it was him when later realizing that it would make him appear to be the victim if it was him. If she couldn't be found credible than Zimmerman's whole account shouldn't have been considered to have any weight.
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13
Thank you America, for proving once again how incompetent your justice system is. Just to put it out there, Zimmerman did not get off because he was "innocent," but because his attorney was able to justify the death of an unarmed, teenage boy. Congratulations. Zimmerman is a murderer and I hope his life is a living hell from now on until he breaths his final breath. I want his image to be dragged through the mud, just as they did Trayvon's. He deserves no sympathy, especially not from me.

30367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
I disagree with the verdict...how can you instigate a situation...and in that particular one Zimmerman was A STALKER. take away the title of neighborhood watchman and his actions read stalker. he instigated a situation that caused another person stress enough to react to being stalked (which any and everyone would do) and then when he was loosing the fight he instigated, he uses a weapon and murders a kid he profiled from the beginning. smh. only in America. honestly, had it been a black guy who followed a white guy with a weapon and the white guy ended up dead..black dude would have been arrested and questioned immediately because media would have had a field day! Yesterday, I was hurt by what happened. truly hurt. the person who was defending himself was Trayvon. he didn't chase Zimmerman down. Zimmerman chased him...in the dark! what idiot wouldn't fight in a situation like that!?!
our legal system may be better than other countries' but not by much.
3462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/14/13 , edited 7/14/13

Morbidhanson wrote:

^The enforcers have way too much power here and do not fear the people. There is no fair system of checks and balances for law enforcement. People get screwed over all the time by corrupt power-tripping cops who can fabricate any story they wish and plant 'evidence' for a 'crime' to fit their story. This is only becoming more apparent as time goes on. Cops serve and protect the system, and the system serves and protects the cops by covering for them. People are victimized as often as (if not more often than) they are helped. Cases take ages to trickle down through the stubborn layers of unnecessary bureaucracy and the system is slow to act on all but the most severe cases. On top of it, a strangely high level of paranoia induced by the media, unique to America, makes people frantic to attempt to regulate anything and everything. Freedom? Pfeh.


Not to mention that the police, judges, and courts can get easily bribed.
Jarexx 
25797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
"I certainly hope that George Zimmerman, whatever he may be guilty of, sues NBC, MSNBC, the AP, ABC, CBS, the NYT, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rueters, Boston Globe, Chris Matthews, PBS, and every other media outlet that ran false and defamatory information for bazillions of dollars. This is a case that was almost 100% entirely manufactured in the media, and they are the ones that should be punished the most heavily and severely out of everyone involved. They wanted a race case, and because of their irresponsible behavior they got it. But they should not be rewarded for it, and so far the ratings & money they've gotten for this bogus case are all letting them laugh their way to the bank. It's time they paid for it until it hurts. The media is absolute crap.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp

Trayvon was a punk. Did he deserve to die? No. He couldve easily changed his ways and become a better person but it's just unfortunate how it turned out
3462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

kuronami777 wrote:


AJ_Akatsuki wrote:

I live in Texas so I know ass-backwards and Florida always manages to out do themselves!

The court of public opinion has sentenced Zimmerman to a life of solitude and fear. His life has been permanently ruined and will never have "a normal life."

I believe BOTH Zimmerman and Martin could have taken actions to prevent this situation, so I have no sympathy for either of them.

If you were emotionally invested in this trial by rioting for Trayvon or jumping for joy over Zimmerman's not guilty verdict than you are an idiot and need to get off the internet and turn off the tv.

If you believe Obama had a direct influence and interference with this case then you are a complete dumbass with no sense of reality. Please fall off the face of the Earth because your existence is a hindrance to the human race.


I'm with you. Even on the FL thing. Normally I'd defend my state, but sometimes a girl has to admit when she's ashamed. There's the justice system, the 2000 presidential elections, and some more that just slips my mind. *sigh* Oh well!


Let's not forget the detestable "No Fault" and the terrible "traffic culture". I heard the upcoming charging rate for tolls is going up to $2.50 as proposed by our governor (though I don't know for certain so feel free to correct me b/c I don't watch much TV).
3462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/14/13
To those of us who hate the media, I have some good news. When I was taking my International Management class, I learned that political media is SLOWLY beginning to lose its influence.
21801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 7/14/13

chase6565 wrote:


mmadbzfan wrote:

Just a bit ago the jury found GZ not guilty in killing Trayvon Martin. Not even a manslaughter charge. So word of warning everyone stay away from Florida.


Honestly, I agree with the verdict. The evidence heavily support Zimmerman's side of the story, and he didn't seem like a man who would just kill someone. However, Zimmerman should've never gotten out of his car that night and this incident should've never happened. Well that's my two cents anyways. This is a sad story either way.


Doesn't matter. He still murdered some other human being. It's a FACT. There should be some kind of a felonious charge that applies. Even if he didn't have the intention to kill. The fact is, he got away with killing someone, completely. No community service, no fee, nothing.
3230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/13



It's why I always tell my friend that is coming here for Otakon to be very careful and always stick with your friends when you're not in the convention center. That goes for everyone going to that convention, especially if they're cosplayers.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.