First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Popular Opinion vs Unpopular Opinion
20305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
I speak whatever is on my mind. Even if I lie, I make it obvious that I'm lying.
18463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pinellas Park, FL
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
My first question when anyone asks something, be that an opinion a task or something else, of me is "Why?"

It helps to set people at my pace. I don't like beating around the bush and this pretty much reveals the type of person they are and how they want you to respond compared to the actual response they should get.

I.E.:
My Father: Come out to the backyard for a minute!
Me: Why?
Father: Because I said so that's why. (hard physical labor)
Me: No.
46276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / West
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
I give my opinion whether it is popular or not, and sometimes it leads to the situation called "kill the messenger"
40384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
It depends on whether I think they're capable of understanding why the truth is, well, the truth. If the person I'm talking to doesn't have the patience or intelligence to listen to or understand what I'm telling them, then a lie that creates the same result seems like the better option. However, if I am convinced that the person is reasonable and has a solid thought process, then regardless of the result, I need to respect the fact their basic assumptions may differ from mine, and lead to a different conclusion that I may be unable to discredit. Thus, the truth is always better in this case, because I can't be sure that my conclusion based on "the truth" is actually the correct one.

Basically, whether I tell the truth to someone depends on whether or not I think they'll be able to verify themselves that it's true. Even if they can't, "the truth" is generally pretty inconsequential anyway, so as a rule, I just say what I'm trying to say.
Posted 7/15/13
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth - Thoreau
33268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 7/15/13

Wigglee wrote:

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.


...
...
...
seems legit.
22858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / A suburban town i...
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
Yeah I give my opinion. Namely cause it stirs up a debate or talk, in which we discuss our disagreements or or unified thought process. Either way, it should lead to some pretty cool conversations.
49408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
Would I give an unpopular opinion at gun point? No
Would I give an unpopular opinion in a totalitarian country? No.

Would I give an unpopular opinion in any other normal situations in the country I'm living in now? Yes.

I live in a country where people don't get persecuted for having an opinion, whether it's popular or unpopular.
So I don't see any reasons for me to be afraid...

Which makes sense considering I grew up in a free environment, my parents never forced any political or religious ideals down my throat, my teachers encouraged critical thinking, I've never felt the need to fit in with anyone at school...

So I grew up to be a free thinker and pretty much have an individualistic way of thinking.

27699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Gekkoukan High
Offline
Posted 7/15/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Would I give an unpopular opinion at gun point? No
Would I give an unpopular opinion in a totalitarian country? No.

Would I give an unpopular opinion in any other normal situations in the country I'm living in now? Yes.

I live in a country where people don't get persecuted for having an opinion, whether it's popular or unpopular.
So I don't see any reasons for me to be afraid...

Which makes sense considering I grew up in a free environment, my parents never forced any political or religious ideals down my throat, my teachers encouraged critical thinking, I've never felt the need to fit in with anyone at school...

So I grew up to be a free thinker and pretty much have an individualistic way of thinking.



Not many people would speak their mind at gun point, I don't evem know if I would...and that's pretty cool being individualistic is still fairly rare these days.
20331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/15/13

Mycow8me wrote:


Wigglee wrote:

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.


...
...
...
seems legit.


Scarface quote, lol.
1438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
CALI!
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
Speak your mind unless
Ock592 
4020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Iowa City, IA
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
Depends on what's at stake. if it's in a classroom where different opinions are accepted, then sure. If it's in front of someone who has a lot of power over me...I'd think twice.
4365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / West Coast
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
i don't give a rats ass if my opinion is popular or not.

it's my opinion.
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 7/15/13
in the past you were sometimes killed for speaking your mind and still today you are punished for speaking your mind sometimes if you say something that people dont want to hear so be careful what you say... some people want to speak from the heart but are afraid of what other people might to do them if they say somthing that stand in their way so they keep it to demselves... if i was a politician i would give my false opinion of something to what people would want to hear but it might not be what i really think.. when i think it is safe i give my true opinion when i want to use people i give my false a opinion to take advantage of people.. most people do this but try to convince themselves otherwise, ignoring it or making up some fked complex in their head ,im starting to confse myself... i try not to judge peoples opinion but i cant help myself.. must be natural or smthin..
27699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Gekkoukan High
Offline
Posted 7/16/13

Doryphoros wrote:

in the past you were sometimes killed for speaking your mind and still today you are punished for speaking your mind sometimes if you say something that people dont want to hear so be careful what you say... some people want to speak from the heart but are afraid of what other people might to do them if they say somthing that stand in their way so they keep it to demselves... if i was a politician i would give my false opinion of something to what people would want to hear but it might not be what i really think.. when i think it is safe i give my true opinion when i want to use people i give my false a opinion to take advantage of people.. most people do this but try to convince themselves otherwise, ignoring it or making up some fked complex in their head ,im starting to confse myself... i try not to judge peoples opinion but i cant help myself.. must be natural or smthin..


True as people fundamentally don't understand each other...
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.