Post Reply Reset Video Positions
41032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / U.K
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13
Hi I have a general query.

Say I've watched a series and I want to relive the series in all its glory using autoplay, as one might.
Is there a way I can reset the "last played" position, or the place where the orange bar is for each episode, so that each episode starts at the beginning and not during the closing credits?

Thankies
Otter Modder
53216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 8/22/17
Just start watching the show and it should play as you want. Generally, if an episode starts due to auto-play, it starts at the beginning.
41032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / U.K
Offline
Posted 7/17/13 , edited 7/17/13

beardfist wrote:

Just start watching the show and it should play as you want. Generally, if an episode starts due to auto-play, it starts at the beginning.


Huh. Weird. I've been having this problem of resuming at the wrong point, decided to go to forums to ask and now I no longer have the problem. Thanks for your post anyway, much appreciated.
57147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/14 , edited 7/11/17
Reviving this old thread. I re-started hunterXhunter. Autoplay does not start next episode at beginning. I have to physically click the start of each episode. if not, at end of episode selecting next or letting autoplay skip, will put me to the end of the next episode. I was falling asleep one night and woke up to find it went 6 episodes ahead.
59925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 3/28/14 , edited 3/28/14

knshiraz wrote:

Reviving this old thread. I re-started hunterXhunter. Autoplay does not start next episode at beginning. I have to physically click the start of each episode. if not, at end of episode selecting next or letting autoplay skip, will put me to the end of the next episode. I was falling asleep one night and woke up to find it went 6 episodes ahead.


As far as I know, the only way is to do this is to clear your /history, but this will affect everything in your queue.
57147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/14 , edited 3/28/14
eyeofpain TYVM! I still dont know how you find crunchyroll.com/history. I initially thought i had to clear web browser history. After your post i searched again. no luck at least there's the url. coincidentally after i posted to thread it started to work. lol. I did restart first episode, skip to end, let autoplay skip. I think that did do the trick with letting skip and autoplay go to begging of next episode properly.
57147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/14 , edited 3/28/14
...now seeing the icon next to account drop down in the top right. i feel like a total and complete noob.
2059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17
I was hoping to find a way to do that to just one show at a time. It's nice to have the orange bar on shows Ive watched but didn't care for, I know if there is half an orange bar in the first episode it's a no go.
mathon 
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / SC
Offline
Posted 8/29/17 , edited 9/11/17
A bit old of a post now, but if the act of "scrubbing" is the issue your having (that's what I looked for to get here), use arrow keys for easy scrubbing. So for example if you re-watch a series like @knshiraz and find that the autoplay puts you in a later end of the video, if you try to click the start it may start at like ~12 seconds. Use the arrow keys you can get about to 1 second every time. I guess this only works for computer users of the site though. Happy Binging
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/6/17 , edited 9/7/17
My problem seems to involve videos I watched partway and then flash crashed. I can watch other episodes normally and I can watch the messed up episode if I log out. But on my account it tries to remember the player position and the player crashes again. (It's fine though remembering spots I really did stop on. It only has this problem if the reason for the partial view is because the player crashed.) I'd be nice if you could make it forget that stuff and just start from the beginning.
54866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/7/17 , edited 9/7/17

KaiGavin wrote:

My problem seems to involve videos I watched partway and then flash crashed. I can watch other episodes normally and I can watch the messed up episode if I log out. But on my account it tries to remember the player position and the player crashes again. (It's fine though remembering spots I really did stop on. It only has this problem if the reason for the partial view is because the player crashed.) I'd be nice if you could make it forget that stuff and just start from the beginning.


There's an unofficial extension (Chrome-only) which allows you to reset just one series, or even individual episodes... It was written by one of the mods. You can read about it here: /group/Beardfists_Programming_Corner
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/18 , edited 2/28/18
One way I have found works is to either log out of your account (logging out won't show any history of what you have watched) or you can just open up a new window in Incognito/Private mode (more often than not, you won't be logged into your account in Incognito/Private mode unless you have your internet settings to keep you logged in in Incognito/Private mode)
You must be logged in to post.