First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Whats the last anime that you gave up on and why?
15309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

Sixx7 wrote:


anthhd wrote:


Sixx7 wrote:


anthhd wrote:

i dropped attack on titan after episode 6 as it just takes a 180 right into the trash after episode 5


Do yourself a favor and plug through just one more episode. I promise you that it gets significantly better! The next few episodes are incredibly important/exciting. I know it seems like 6 was a jarring stop in action but trust me, it was necessary character development.



im sorry but im not going to watch something i dont enjoy, 10/10 ill give you that the concepts great

do i think it's pulled of well? no


Well I respect your opinion. Different strokes for different folks, right? At least you gave it a fair try.


however ill leave you my list of problems for it

the characters cry to much over nothing
hannes was the only cool guy
inb4 you say anime is still images, there is more still images in attack on titan than any show I've seen disregarding the action scenes
hannes is still the only cool guy
the hype train made its expectations going into the show extremely high to the point it had to be godtier to be enjoyed
also shounen is really boring lately i prefer shows with seinen themes
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
gurren lagann... i just dont get why it is so praised...
Sixx7 
14162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Behind you O.O
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
I'll try to (respectively) counter some of these points. I can't do it with all of them but I'll try.

the characters cry to much over nothing: Well honestly, can you really blame them for crying? There are these horrible giants who hunt people down with these horrible grins that show off teeth stained with the blood of their family and friends. I think they have a plenty of reasons to cry.

hannes was the only cool guy: Well he was pretty cool. But that's the double-edged sword with side characters: they're great but we can only have them in small doses.

inb4 you say anime is still images, there is more still images in attack on titan than any show I've seen disregarding the action scenes

Ok, I totally can't argue this one too much. It's pretty well known that the studio has a limited budget and personally, I think it's using its money very wisely by focusing their best animation on the all-important action scenes. The still images so far have been limited to scenes of exposition spouting. If it was animated, it would have been fairly static anyway. I can see where it might bug some people but I can deal with it.



And to stay on topic, I also gave up on Black Butler a month ago. But I know it's because the English dub wasn't my favorite. It was borderline obnoxious for me.
17086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
Dropped Dog & Scissors.

Show just didn't seem to catch me even after 4 episodes.
3462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
Burn Up Scramble after 4 eps. They butchered all the characters I loved from the older stuff, not to mention it lacked the hilarity of Excess that made me a fan. I much prefer the original and far-less-innocent-yet-still-badasses Rio and Maya over their Scramble incarnations that just feel soulless to me.
62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Online
Posted 8/1/13
Since I joined Crunchyroll there has only been one series I have dropped while it was airing and that is Cardfight Vanguard - after nine episodes I decided for me this is the worst anime series I have ever seen.
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Behind you dear...
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
I have never finished watching an anime (besides deathnote because it was finished when i started to watch it) . why because by the time it updates my heart has already moved on And it probably helps that i have only watched 7 different animes. Manga is a different story and the last manga that i stopped reading was Nabari no Ou because I forgot what chapter I was on
22956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
I dropped One Piece, its just so long...
2308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/1/13 , edited 8/1/13
i still haven't dropped one piece but i came this close to dropping it so many times that i lost count.

the only reason i kept going is because of the shit load of praise it's getting from my friends, youtube etc...

since we're talking about the reasons on why this show bored the hell out of me to the point where i keep the video running and check my facebook until the story progresses let me just turn this into a rant on how boring one piece really is because it intrigues how can people love this show so much when i find it very average so let me find out more opinions about it from you guys.

alright the usopp arc was just garbage it took a lot of episode and it could have been done in 2 or 3, the art back then was unsightly and it felt like watching a cartoon made for 5 year olds.

but i kept watching and i came across the the barratie arc with sanji and zeff, the fights were average but sanji's story was beautiful and it had a lot of epic/emotional moments that kept me wanna watch more of one piece (the scene where sanji is leaving then remembers to say goodbye to zeff and he kneels before him and starts thanking him for everything, then we get zeff saying "you idiot real men part way without a word, let alone tears" so yeah this kind of epic moments is what got me through the boredom of one piece.

along arc was great only felt bored a few times but it kept things interesting. after finishing arlong i thought to myself one piece is only gonna get better from here on now and boy was i so wrong, let me just say this alabasta arc and the pre alabsta arcs were a piece of garbage i still can't believe i made it through all of that (at this point i almost dropped the show but kept going with 1 episode a day because it got utterly boring) do i even need to elaborate on this arc? oh god...vivi was a boring and un interesting character that i never cared about, the whole thing with crocodile and his plans took years to unravel, borroque works agents where hideously designed that i couldn't even come close to liking them, only mr1 was somewhat interesting and fun to watch. point is i barely got through this arc in the hopes of finding epicness oh and the encounter with ace i really did enjoy that. so the only things i enjoyed were zoro vs mr1 and the whole thing with cutting steel and the rhythm of objects, and the farewell to vivi when the strawhats turned their back and raised their hands. other then that this arc was a complete waste of my time it was just garbage



i also can't tolerate when there are some bullshit in the fight and there are a lot of bullshit, how the fucking does that chandolian guy from the skypea arc get so many injuries/ attack and still can stand up it just take him a little time thats all ,he used 2 dyles the normal one and the one thats said to kill the user but he lives on to get shocked like 3 times by eneru with over 300million volts he's still manages to be be perfectly fine only his skin seems to be darker then usual that's all. and i hate how they try to get you to worry about certain character dying as a form suspense but each time they live, eneru electrified the whole island including the blonde girl's father and the chandorian girl (they made this scene very dramatic) yet every single one lived despite the scene where they were electrified which was portrayed very dramatically and blown out of proportion. there's not need to mention this but skypea arc was just boring + bullshit with the never ending conversation and the events that never seem to pick up...complete waste of my time.

i'l rant more about one piece if i get replies to show some of you actually read all this haha
P.S: im currently in the thriller bark arc so no spoilers please :)
oh and if you can convince me otherwise or state your own opinion i would love to hear some elaborate reasons on why you've enjoyed these arcs or at least thought of them as watchable. lastly excuse any typos or missing words i didn't double check, thank you !




14035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Herndon, VA
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
I haven't really "dropped" an anime, but I still haven't finished Oreimo season 2. It's a good anime, don't get me wrong. But I loved Kureneko and after her split with Kyosuke, I've had trouble motivating myself to finish. I almost dropped a couple this season, Dog & Scissors and Servant x Service, but I decided to stick it out. Servant x Service rehooked my interest with the 4th episode and the bunny.
Posted 8/1/13
Oreimo season 1. cause Kirino's annoying.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Bag End, The Shire
Offline
Posted 9/22/13

Armads314 wrote:


AwesomeSpaceRanger wrote:

I've dropped Black Butler , my friend recommended it to me but I just can't stand most supernatural anime, or where they beautify demons and stuff.. Plus, I wasn't a fan of the art (it is beautiful, but a drag to look at, makes me want to sleep)

Don't hate me but I've also dropped Sword Art Online and Code Geass, I've never been a fan of mecha and SAO wasn't as expected.. Maybe I'll rewatch them if I can't find anything else because they were considered the best


If you don't mind me asking, how far did you get in Code Geass? I'm not a huge fan of mecha shows either but I ended up very happy with Code Geass because it had a lot of psychological action to it, sorta like Death Note.



Sorry for not replying long, you've probably forgotten all about this But I got up to episode 2 before I decided I would put it last on my 'To Watch' list. I know that that was hasty but I just couldn't like it.
553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Pooh Corner
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
Kodomo no Jikan.

I knew where the show will be heading the second the first joke went bang.
35764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
For me it was Hakkenden and I dropped at 20 episodes in. Even though the concept for the show was good I just started to get bored with it. The amount of time it has taken to introduce the characters and get down to the main part of the story killed it for me. Also there was all the yaoi elements, it's just not my thing.
22011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Yamaku Academy
Online
Posted 9/22/13
Kuroko no Basket
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.