Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Liar liar Pants on Fireee
27449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Okay, what's your opinion on lying? Not just in your typical relationship but your interactions with people in general. Why do people choose to lie? When is it okay to lie? In my opinion lying is never good to me it's just a way to hide or conceal what you feel or doing is wrong. I think the only good time to lie is to your child, depending on the situation, because children in my opinion can't grasp certain concepts just yet.
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Like the saying goes . . "some secrets are better left unknown" , and even white lies are fine. However , when you start lying about things that really do matter it's only going to get worse imo since you're so used to lying. My two cents ~ .
27449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

Shohee wrote:

Like the saying goes . . "some secrets are better left unknown" , and even white lies are fine. However , when you start lying about things that really do matter it's only going to get worse imo since you're so used to lying. My two cents ~ .


What if they don't matter to you , but it matters to the other person?
11756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Online
Posted 7/20/13

KhmerKittyKat wrote:

Okay, what's your opinion on lying? Not just in your typical relationship but your interactions with people in general. Why do people choose to lie? When is it okay to lie? In my opinion lying is never good to me it's just a way to hide or conceal what you feel or doing is wrong. I think the only good time to lie is to your child, depending on the situation, because children in my opinion can't grasp certain concepts just yet.


i have to agree with you unless its children i dont see any reason to lie, i mean whats the point?? tbh it really doesn't seem necessary, also if its to protect someone then i think it ok then xD
12662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Well sometimes ignorance is bliss.If it would benefit you not knowing, it might be best not to know. Although i say that, i would definitely want to know if i was on the other end.
It's hard to say, but you should definitely look at the situation and try to figure out if lying would benefit both parties the most. If you are unsure, it might be best to tell the truth.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Lying should be avoided at all costs because of its chances of hurting someone.
38078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/13 , edited 7/20/13

KhmerKittyKat wrote:


Shohee wrote:

Like the saying goes . . "some secrets are better left unknown" , and even white lies are fine. However , when you start lying about things that really do matter it's only going to get worse imo since you're so used to lying. My two cents ~ .


What if they don't matter to you , but it matters to the other person?


I'm sure you'll know when to hide a secret for the better well being of the person , other than that I don't see why not spill the beans. It's all about perspective I guess and how high you rank the value of the secret.

For example ( mind you ,this is just an example)
If I were to hold a secret about a friend who's gay but their parents were anti-homophobes, and my relation with their parents are on good terms. I'm not going to tell their parents , because I value the relation of son/daughter + mother/father(s) relation. Sure , they'll find out later in life. They'll just have to deal with it later, when s/he is ready to say so , but if I were to tell them now they'll get disowned or just something not good. =/
Thus some secrets are better left unknown.. or in this case later~ .

(sry i'm on my phone, I'll add on to this later)
9371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Towcester
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
I generally just don't lie, even if it would save me from something bad. Even if it's something trivial, I just feel horrible lying to people.
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

KhmerKittyKat wrote:

Okay, what's your opinion on lying? Not just in your typical relationship but your interactions with people in general. Why do people choose to lie? When is it okay to lie? In my opinion lying is never good to me it's just a way to hide or conceal what you feel or doing is wrong. I think the only good time to lie is to your child, depending on the situation, because children in my opinion can't grasp certain concepts just yet.


a person might think this a free world where society doesnt hold you respoinsible for w/e you do so the person thinks he is free to lie with no one having the right to advise him on why lying is bad because he is so free that there is no good or bad for him unless he thought something into being good or bad.. sometimes people lie about their looks to make them feel better about themselves, unless they truly believe they look good....maybe the liar is some visionary trying to create history through lies taking the risk... some lies turn out how you want them in the end and no one has to know the truth and some lies turn out bad because people find out you lied and try to fk u over because u lied... maybe he is trying to seduce a girl through lies... practing to become a politician... i'll only say lies are bad if it affects my in a negative way or if i think it affects the people i care about in a negative way... if the lie turns out to create something that is false but happier then the truth then i think it will be fine to lie... though i always would like to know the possibilities of what could have happened if i lied or didnt lie and how it influenced the people around me, who if joined together can have a high chance of influencing me or controling me, though some liars are just bastards in my opinion and some liars who lie for good might lie to the wrong person who, if found out he lied, would go on rage or somthing becuase that person for some reason wants to know everything no matter what... yeah but really i think lying could be good, bad, neither, or both, or other...
DaCain 
13419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
Depends on the situtation and type of value the secret someone is trying to cover up holds, as Shohee already explained. Also there are white lies, im sure everyone is familiar with those. For example when someone is worried about you and asks you if you're fine n need any help but you say that you dont n everything is fine even if it isnt, in this case some ppl act this way because they dont want to worry others, is it wrong? I dont think so...but then you have other types of lies where you go out of your way to make something up that will perhaps benefit you in short run but in a long run will bring harm/trouble not only to you but to those around as well. So there you have it, my humble take on this.
19227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
i know someone who always ses he never lies ...
Posted 7/20/13
i despise lying whenever i lie i just wanna beat myself up for it so i dont lie a lot
9921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / USA
Online
Posted 7/20/13
I only lie if it's absolutely necessary.
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

KhmerKittyKat wrote:
I think the only good time to lie is to your child, depending on the situation, because children in my opinion can't grasp certain concepts just yet.

A lot of adults don't grasp certain concepts either...

Lying is not a problem, except when it is. But really, lies make society work. In fact, a lot of "growing up" is learning when you should lie, and what you should lie about. Only adults call it "being polite".

Example:
"Does this hat make my ass look fat?"
Lie:
"That hat makes you look so young!"
Reality:
No, your fat ass makes you look fat all by itself. By the way, your hat won't cover up your ass, dummy.

Example:
"Glad you finally made it."
Lie:
"Oh, I'm sorry I'm late. I was [lie lie lie lie lie]"
Reality:
Not really. I was up all night drinking and I couldn't leave the house without an extra cup of coffee. Oh yeah, and I'm not sorry at all, unless you count being sorry that I have to waste time on this meeting.
Sogno- 
16626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
one time in third grade I was talking with my friend and I was telling him about this cool rhyme I'd just heard (liar liar pants of fire), and the teacher came up to us and told me i shouldn't say things like that & i got in trouble. I was very upset 'cuz I was (am) a goody two shoes and my friend didn't even defend me so i guess he really wasn't my friend

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.