First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Which types of guys would you avoid dating?
22642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Men are generally terrible. In a completely generalized and broad sense.
21801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13

HellaStrider wrote:


koji8123 wrote:


HellaStrider wrote:


koji8123 wrote:

I have yet for someone to prove my previous reply wrong.


Likely because it was an answer crammed so tightly up your ass, no one wanted to reach up and try to examine it from an intellectual point. If you really believe all women have a single mind with similar interests and needs then it's no surprise that every woman you have met didn't react to you the way you wanted, likely with one-liners and behaviors worked simply for the moment of engaging with them. Maybe stop wondering what "all women want?" but what the living person in front of you needs instead of your bullshit generalizing mentality.


Woah woah woah! Might I point out that it was a skit. And a pretty genuine joke based on observation. Of course it's a generalization. If you see at the bottom of all my posts there's a look of disapproval on generalizations. I in no way ever assume ___ is the same. Everyone is unique. But it's human nature to want the best and brightest. It's literally in your DNA telling you it, so you can pass on the most preferred dominate traits to your offspring. Men at similar. And I like everyone. No one comes without baggage. No one comes without flaws. I don't think I need to point that out, do I?


Misinterpretations occur on the net, but I don't think it was that far off considering you posted a skit promoting generalization and wrote comments showing favor of its messages while still somehow saying that you mean to be against generalizing? And if you're trying to say that it meant to show that message as a ways of showing the ridiculousness of trying to guess what appeals to all women, I would have to disagree because it was not at all a satire or at least you did not interpret it that way.


.. Simply, generally, some generalizations prove true? I feel as though the skit nearly does, but all generalizations are generalizations is because they don't apply to everyone. Yes. I'm against generalizing everything, it's human nature to generalize to, though. It's how the 'isms start (racism, sexism) , unfortunately. Bad experiences cause people to think that the bad thing occurs from all of one source. (A man breaks your heart, and you try to narrow it down to, say, his arrogance)

Obviously said example's arrogance isn't pleasant trait, but his overwhelming arrogance isn't the only thing that broke the heart, nor is that the only trait the man has, nor are all men arrogant. But it's natural to want to avoid arrogance where it spawns.

The skit portrays that generally, women, (although generally, who doesn't..) want a mate without flaws. Many flaws and their corrections are contradictions though. It's impossible though, and the contradictions make things tough. However what's needed is a balance. Everyone. Not so much a generalization, as it is advice. Everone needs balance. To be the right amount of confidence. not enough where you doubt everything you say and do, but enough where you remain humble. Do you understand me?
569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
If a guy is clingy or needy (such as texting me everyday, want to be with me all the time, always lovey dovey) I will avoid them like the plague. Basically guys with no backbones. Anything else I can handle.
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 8/10/14

koji8123 wrote:


HellaStrider wrote:


koji8123 wrote:


HellaStrider wrote:


koji8123 wrote:

I have yet for someone to prove my previous reply wrong.


Likely because it was an answer crammed so tightly up your ass, no one wanted to reach up and try to examine it from an intellectual point. If you really believe all women have a single mind with similar interests and needs then it's no surprise that every woman you have met didn't react to you the way you wanted, likely with one-liners and behaviors worked simply for the moment of engaging with them. Maybe stop wondering what "all women want?" but what the living person in front of you needs instead of your bullshit generalizing mentality.


Woah woah woah! Might I point out that it was a skit. And a pretty genuine joke based on observation. Of course it's a generalization. If you see at the bottom of all my posts there's a look of disapproval on generalizations. I in no way ever assume ___ is the same. Everyone is unique. But it's human nature to want the best and brightest. It's literally in your DNA telling you it, so you can pass on the most preferred dominate traits to your offspring. Men at similar. And I like everyone. No one comes without baggage. No one comes without flaws. I don't think I need to point that out, do I?


Misinterpretations occur on the net, but I don't think it was that far off considering you posted a skit promoting generalization and wrote comments showing favor of its messages while still somehow saying that you mean to be against generalizing? And if you're trying to say that it meant to show that message as a ways of showing the ridiculousness of trying to guess what appeals to all women, I would have to disagree because it was not at all a satire or at least you did not interpret it that way.


.. Simply, generally, some generalizations prove true? I feel as though the skit nearly does, but all generalizations are generalizations is because they don't apply to everyone. Yes. I'm against generalizing everything, it's human nature to generalize to, though. It's how the 'isms start (racism, sexism) , unfortunately. Bad experiences cause people to think that the bad thing occurs from all of one source. (A man breaks your heart, and you try to narrow it down to, say, his arrogance)

Obviously said example's arrogance isn't pleasant trait, but his overwhelming arrogance isn't the only thing that broke the heart, nor is that the only trait the man has, nor are all men arrogant. But it's natural to want to avoid arrogance where it spawns.

The skit portrays that generally, women, (although generally, who doesn't..) want a mate without flaws. Many flaws and their corrections are contradictions though. It's impossible though, and the contradictions make things tough. However what's needed is a balance. Everyone. Not so much a generalization, as it is advice. Everone needs balance. To be the right amount of confidence. not enough where you doubt everything you say and do, but enough where you remain humble. Do you understand me?


It's human nature to assume and judge but that doesn't mean it's normal to be racist or sexist and unwilling to change those ideals unless you're a complete ignorant asshole. The only real issue with generalizing things and believing that such a behavior is tolerable or excusable is when you start allowing shitty behavior like believing all blacks are thugs to be presented in all forms of media and it influences people's lives(the whole Trayvon mess) because you think it's ok and never corrected anyone when they thought it was ok to say that. Perhaps because this is a thread on the qualities of men to avoid, your skit about women's expectations is only to reply to the topic and you truly believed that everyone (men, women, etc.) has high standards and rarely looks past flaws to be able to fully enjoy one another, but it just sounds like to me you're saying that only women suffer from this predicament. Correct me on that, and there is no argument.
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 8/10/14
I always find it funny when guys get into debates about what women want.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Know-it-all
Braggers- guys who bring bragging to a whole new level
Narcissists - what's the point of dating someone who thinks they're better than you
Unattractive guys- it's kind of hard to be with someone who I'm not attracted to...
But, it's hard to categorize people, since they're all different and all.
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 8/11/14
I don't fall under any of these descriptions, I don't know if that is good or bad for me... Unless girls dislike shy guys then I'm screwed.
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In my Wonderland....
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
Dirty Minded Guy
12771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

you are describing Nicholas Hoult

now that's a beautiful man

33691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Alabama
Online
Posted 7/23/13
ones who are super fat, a snob, and the guys who are too nice
11465 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / 404
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
Currently avoiding the shady ones.
6113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 7/23/13 , edited 7/23/13
The "swag" type(whatever that's called),most bad boys, emo/goths(I like blonds),short guys,(okay, my anime crush is short, but he's an exception),jocks,etc.

I like my guys intelligent, handsome(and hot would be nice,too),funny and kind(but not sappy kind.)
815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AnimeSekai
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
Uncool n ununderstanding ones...
Homb 
46128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

ColouringYourLife wrote:


Arielgirl375 wrote:

the players.


well your F**Ked then most them own a ps3 , pc or xbox 360


Think she means guys with multiply girlfriends :p
53764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

otankun wrote:

I always find it funny when guys get into debates about what women want.


Imma leave this here....



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.