First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Which types of guys would you avoid dating?
30952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:

you are describing Nicholas Hoult

now that's a beautiful man



I don't understand how that even relates. Every man is flawed, Dumpling. I'm sure Mr. Hoult has some issues he has to deal with. Vanity or not.

30952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

HellaStrider wrote:



It's human nature to assume and judge but that doesn't mean it's normal to be racist or sexist and unwilling to change those ideals unless you're a complete ignorant asshole. The only real issue with generalizing things and believing that such a behavior is tolerable or excusable is when you start allowing shitty behavior like believing all blacks are thugs to be presented in all forms of media and it influences people's lives(the whole Trayvon mess) because you think it's ok and never corrected anyone when they thought it was ok to say that. Perhaps because this is a thread on the qualities of men to avoid, your skit about women's expectations is only to reply to the topic and you truly believed that everyone (men, women, etc.) has high standards and rarely looks past flaws to be able to fully enjoy one another, but it just sounds like to me you're saying that only women suffer from this predicament. Correct me on that, and there is no argument.


There isn't one. I'm not sure if you read what I wrote, but I'm saying EVERYONE wants the best traits in their partner. Man and woman alike. But the best traits can contradict each other (which is what the skit is trying to explain)
12201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Fairyland
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
What does that make your current lover-boy, OP? Every girl likes/dislikes certain traits, heck, some would love your personal dislikes.
6176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 7/23/13 , edited 8/10/14

koji8123 wrote:


HellaStrider wrote:



It's human nature to assume and judge but that doesn't mean it's normal to be racist or sexist and unwilling to change those ideals unless you're a complete ignorant asshole. The only real issue with generalizing things and believing that such a behavior is tolerable or excusable is when you start allowing shitty behavior like believing all blacks are thugs to be presented in all forms of media and it influences people's lives(the whole Trayvon mess) because you think it's ok and never corrected anyone when they thought it was ok to say that. Perhaps because this is a thread on the qualities of men to avoid, your skit about women's expectations is only to reply to the topic and you truly believed that everyone (men, women, etc.) has high standards and rarely looks past flaws to be able to fully enjoy one another, but it just sounds like to me you're saying that only women suffer from this predicament. Correct me on that, and there is no argument.


There isn't one. I'm not sure if you read what I wrote, but I'm saying EVERYONE wants the best traits in their partner. Man and woman alike. But the best traits can contradict each other (which is what the skit is trying to explain)


Is it?
I got the impression the skit was buying into the conflation of all women as a single entity. While simultaneously displaying a rather superficial perception of what are, in practice, complex and multi-faceted traits that don't necessarily contradict each other past that superficial level.

Also, it didn't help that you slapped on a misogynistic addendum afterwards.

266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Uno-77 // gE
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
Lostell's no no list
- Guys who over apologize when texting or in person because they freak out in between the time lapse of the text they sent and the time it took me to finish doing the dishes and dry my hands to respond.
- Guys who think "trinkets" are the way to a girls heart.. There not! ... >_> Its food.. (; Kiddin~ its being you!
- Guy's who have little faith in themselves, no drive, and no ambition.
- Guys without standards and who can't respect a woman's virtue (young or old IT DOESN'T MATTER)
4496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
Disrespectful.
Unambitious.
Narcissistic.
Cheap.
Boring.
Liars.
8046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

What do women want?
Guys keep asking, women keep us guessing.
And that's why whenever a man is try to figure what a woman wants,
he often looks like a cat chasing a laser pointer.
Confused disoriented but strangely hopeful.

Women seem to want contradictory things in a man.
Women want a man who is ambitious, an achiever,
who is successful both professionally and financially; who is not materialistic.

Women want a man who is solid, steady, consistent and reliable
who is fun, unpredictable and spontaneous.
Women want a strong-willed decisive man who takes a stand and doesn’t waiver
as long as he’s flexible, open minded and can admit when he's wrong.

Women want a lot.
Women want a realist who is romantic.
A guy who is serious but playful.

Who’s confident but humble and horny but faithful.
Women want a man who is career driven, but family oriented.
Women also want a man who is smart but not nerdy,
caring but not needy,
affectionate but not clingy,
protective but not possessive,
emotional but not neurotic,
funny but not a clown,
dominant but not domineering,
in control but not controlling.

No problem.
Good to know.

So take notes guys,
all we gotta be strong but sensitive,
tough but tender, masculine but gentle and manly but vulnerable.

Seems easy enough.

EDIT: The funny thing about this is, I think even though women ask for so much, any one thing that's missing, women can't get ove themselves and all the flaws they have, to get over the few flaws of a man.

EDIT- From Brian Scott McFadden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJOLq5wXwk

Haha So much understanding right here.
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

koji8123 wrote:

What do women want?


I think the problem is, some guys analyse too much or try too hard. Just be yourself, even if you've been raised as a narcissist douche. There's gotta some chicks that digs that.
5510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
Hmm ... I wouldn`t date a guy who:
- Is arrogant
- Unconfident .. He doesn`t have to be overly confident but I don`t like guys who feel sorry for themselves
- Doesn`t have a plan for himself. He doesn`t need to know everything but I want a guy who has an idea of what they want, and works hard to get to it
- Shallow
- Uses money to get what he wants

But I`m also quite a bit to handle so I`d mostly want a guy who loves me and accepts me, despite my flaws. I`m not asking for anyone perfect either so I`d accept his as well.
16376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
As a guy, I wouldn't date any guy who is:
- Older than me
- Isn't 100% submisive
- Feminine
- Chunky (I like them frail, small and slender)

I like my traps =w=
Posted 7/23/13 , edited 8/10/14

KaosProphet wrote:


koji8123 wrote:


HellaStrider wrote:



It's human nature to assume and judge but that doesn't mean it's normal to be racist or sexist and unwilling to change those ideals unless you're a complete ignorant asshole. The only real issue with generalizing things and believing that such a behavior is tolerable or excusable is when you start allowing shitty behavior like believing all blacks are thugs to be presented in all forms of media and it influences people's lives(the whole Trayvon mess) because you think it's ok and never corrected anyone when they thought it was ok to say that. Perhaps because this is a thread on the qualities of men to avoid, your skit about women's expectations is only to reply to the topic and you truly believed that everyone (men, women, etc.) has high standards and rarely looks past flaws to be able to fully enjoy one another, but it just sounds like to me you're saying that only women suffer from this predicament. Correct me on that, and there is no argument.


There isn't one. I'm not sure if you read what I wrote, but I'm saying EVERYONE wants the best traits in their partner. Man and woman alike. But the best traits can contradict each other (which is what the skit is trying to explain)


Is it?
I got the impression the skit was buying into the conflation of all women as a single entity. While simultaneously displaying a rather superficial perception of what are, in practice, complex and multi-faceted traits that don't necessarily contradict each other past that superficial level.

Also, it didn't help that you slapped on a misogynistic addendum afterwards.



I think it's time to give up on him haha. He didn't even understand the skit; I really have nothing more to say.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/23/13
He does have problems...he's a zombie

dang it, he's so hot
4475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

koji8123 wrote:

What do women want?
Guys keep asking, women keep us guessing.
And that's why whenever a man is try to figure what a woman wants,
he often looks like a cat chasing a laser pointer.
Confused disoriented but strangely hopeful.

Women seem to want contradictory things in a man.
Women want a man who is ambitious, an achiever,
who is successful both professionally and financially; who is not materialistic.

Women want a man who is solid, steady, consistent and reliable
who is fun, unpredictable and spontaneous.
Women want a strong-willed decisive man who takes a stand and doesn’t waiver
as long as he’s flexible, open minded and can admit when he's wrong.

Women want a lot.
Women want a realist who is romantic.
A guy who is serious but playful.

Who’s confident but humble and horny but faithful.
Women want a man who is career driven, but family oriented.
Women also want a man who is smart but not nerdy,
caring but not needy,
affectionate but not clingy,
protective but not possessive,
emotional but not neurotic,
funny but not a clown,
dominant but not domineering,
in control but not controlling.

No problem.
Good to know.

So take notes guys,
all we gotta be strong but sensitive,
tough but tender, masculine but gentle and manly but vulnerable.

Seems easy enough.

EDIT: The funny thing about this is, I think even though women ask for so much, any one thing that's missing, women can't get ove themselves and all the flaws they have, to get over the few flaws of a man.

EDIT- From Brian Scott McFadden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJOLq5wXwk


This. Exactly this.
4475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/23/13

YukariChan8 wrote:

I really dislike arrogant guys (heck arrogant people in general) and I was never really a fan of the "bad boys" either!


Says the person with what appears to be an Emi avatar from the devil is part timer. Don't act like you don't secretly want Mauo/badass. LOL
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/23/13 , edited 7/23/13

tinyd0t wrote:

My absolute no-no:

1) Mr. Know-It-All - arrogant, believes that he is better and more intelligent than most human beings. Talks down to the girls he dates, and generally acts like a d*ck.

2) Sweet talker - the guy who overly uses the words like babe, hun, sexy, gorgeous on the first date. Makes you think that he repeats the same sort of cheesy dialogues to every single girl he meets.

3) The "Nice Guy" - personal biggest turn off. This guy believes that girls won't date him or put him in the friend zone because he is "too nice". Note that I like to date a nice and genuine guy, but not the nice guy who feels sorry for himself, and often lets girls walk over him and that's probably the most unattractive trait a man can have.


So, are you a "teaser," "flirt," or "a compound of beryllium and barium?"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.