Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply George Zimmerman to the rescue?
23706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Mysharonaa wrote:

The idea that criminals will help a stranger in need every time is just ridiculous. The probability of anyone at all helping one another is rare. The idea that someone who takes from other to help themselves, helping another, and possibly exposing himself to danger in the process is astronomically low. My point lost in this argument is that Zimmerman isn't the monster the media made him to be. Also, I don't think Trayvon would have helped.


Your point was never lost. I just disagree with it entirely. I never even said Trayvon would have helped for sure. I was just pointing out that it is very possible he would have. None of us here know him. We don't know how good of morals he has or what his values and beliefs are. All we can do is grab information that people who want to attack his character and people who want to save his character put out there and judge it against our own belief system. I used to steal from carry outs and I have even stolen from a church once. I don't do any of that anymore but I do steal by pirating. Did I just come to the realization that what I was doing was wrong? No, because I just did what I wanted to do and still do. I didn't have enough money back then and so I took what I wanted. I have some money now and so I just don't bother stealing smaller stuff and stick to pirating. If I saw some guy robbing a carry out or stealing would I still call him out on it or inform the place so they could handle it? Yep. Why? Hell if I know. It's just how I am. People helping one another isn't as rare as you believe. Not everyone just gets attention from it or they do things their own way to help out. Doesn't make it any less helpful. I never called Zimmerman a monster. I don't like what he did and think he should have used better judgement but I believe he was trying to do the right thing and several bad choices just came together and made an unfortunate end.
33324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

TRUExSh0t wrote:

I call bullshit. on other news article's it says he in hiding but yet he managed to "supposedly" save some people. Hmmm sympathy my ass i want this mofo in jail and people who didn't even convict of manslaughter to also get what's coming for them


When you call B.S. are you suggesting that the Florida highway patrol and the family of four staged an accident and endangered two children just so Zimmerman could have a redemption story?

And I'm curious what you think the six women of the jury "have coming to them"? Did you watch the trial? Did you consider the evidence with an open and unbiased mind?

Look, the media fed the public a bunch of misinformation and hearsay for a year, and I understand how emotionally invested people became in the case based on the way the media sensationalized it. But do you really think that the same media that made Zimmerman out to be a racist villain for the past year would participate in a conspiracy to redeem him?
23706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Acoleth wrote:


TRUExSh0t wrote:

I call bullshit. on other news article's it says he in hiding but yet he managed to "supposedly" save some people. Hmmm sympathy my ass i want this mofo in jail and people who didn't even convict of manslaughter to also get what's coming for them


When you call B.S. are you suggesting that the Florida highway patrol and the family of four staged an accident and endangered two children just so Zimmerman could have a redemption story?

And I'm curious what you think the six women of the jury "have coming to them"? Did you watch the trial? Did you consider the evidence with an open and unbiased mind?

Look, the media fed the public a bunch of misinformation and hearsay for a year, and I understand how emotionally invested people became in the case based on the way the media sensationalized it. But do you really think that the same media that made Zimmerman out to be a racist villain for the past year would participate in a conspiracy to redeem him?


Yes, but I don't believe that is the case here. Media only cares about ratings. Villain turned hero would keep an otherwise dying story alive. They didn't create this whole scenario but they will definitely try to keep bringing the case and people involved back into the spotlight until the next big story comes along.
12637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / san jose, Ca
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Acoleth wrote:


TRUExSh0t wrote:

I call bullshit. on other news article's it says he in hiding but yet he managed to "supposedly" save some people. Hmmm sympathy my ass i want this mofo in jail and people who didn't even convict of manslaughter to also get what's coming for them


When you call B.S. are you suggesting that the Florida highway patrol and the family of four staged an accident and endangered two children just so Zimmerman could have a redemption story?

And I'm curious what you think the six women of the jury "have coming to them"? Did you watch the trial? Did you consider the evidence with an open and unbiased mind?

Look, the media fed the public a bunch of misinformation and hearsay for a year, and I understand how emotionally invested people became in the case based on the way the media sensationalized it. But do you really think that the same media that made Zimmerman out to be a racist villain for the past year would participate in a conspiracy to redeem him?



The media itself is always questionable and should always be in question when it comes to big cases or even small. But i dont care what the media thinks. Even if this man isn't supposedly racist and is soo called "good man" I just hate how the media is trying to pull a 180 making it sound as if he's a good man. I followed the case from the beginning. I call bullshit on this whole zimmerman case, it should of been clean and cut case. Zimmerman followed a minor on his own suspicion while disregarding police warning to let the boy be when he made the call. Sill followed the boy while ARMED with a gun and shot him dead while fleeing the scene of the murder. This was manslaughter and he should have serve time for that, But he gets out scot free and its consider self defense cause also of lack of evidence...THAT IS WHATT I CALL BULLSHIT! and not surprised why the country is at an uproar about it.
31166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13
"Good" people do bad things. He helped this family. That's great. Wonderful. A very noble deed. But it doesn't pardon him for killing a 17-year-old boy.

Real life doesn't work the way it does in anime. He's not "The Atoner" now going around doing good works to make up for his past. He hasn't faced what he's done yet.

This doesn't change my opinion of him at all. In fact, it makes me furious because now the media will paint him as a "hero" even though he got away with taking a teenager's life.

Real "heroes" don't run and hide from their mistakes.

What is wrong with our country?

33324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Wild_Cards wrote:

"Good" people do bad things. He helped this family. That's great. Wonderful. A very noble deed. But it doesn't pardon him for killing a 17-year-old boy.

Real life doesn't work the way it does in anime. He's not "The Atoner" now going around doing good works to make up for his past. He hasn't faced what he's done yet.

This doesn't change my opinion of him at all. In fact, it makes me furious because now the media will paint him as a "hero" even though he got away with taking a teenager's life.

Real "heroes" don't run and hide from their mistakes.

What is wrong with our country?



Zimmerman called the police on the night of the shooting, was at the scene of the shooting when they arrived, cooperated with them fully, was cooperative during his eventual arrest, stood trial, was acquitted, then stepped up when the opportunity arose to help this family.

I don't see a lot of running and hiding in there. As far as killing that 17-year old "boy", he has nothing to atone for. He protected himself from a violent attack, and while Martin's death is unfortunate, I hope that from now on young men will think before punching strangers in the face and beating them on the sidewalk (even if they are creepy a** crackas).
31166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Acoleth wrote:


Wild_Cards wrote:

"Good" people do bad things. He helped this family. That's great. Wonderful. A very noble deed. But it doesn't pardon him for killing a 17-year-old boy.

Real life doesn't work the way it does in anime. He's not "The Atoner" now going around doing good works to make up for his past. He hasn't faced what he's done yet.

This doesn't change my opinion of him at all. In fact, it makes me furious because now the media will paint him as a "hero" even though he got away with taking a teenager's life.

Real "heroes" don't run and hide from their mistakes.

What is wrong with our country?



Zimmerman called the police on the night of the shooting, was at the scene of the shooting when they arrived, cooperated with them fully, was cooperative during his eventual arrest, stood trial, was acquitted, then stepped up when the opportunity arose to help this family.

I don't see a lot of running and hiding in there. As far as killing that 17-year old "boy", he has nothing to atone for. He protected himself from a violent attack, and while Martin's death is unfortunate, I hope that from now on young men will think before punching strangers in the face and beating them on the sidewalk (even if they are creepy a** crackas).


He's hiding from the backlash. If he believes he's innocent, he should "stand his ground." Plus, he didn't even take the stand in his own defense. Why wouldn't he if his story's so solid?

It sounds like you fully believe Trayvon Martin started the fight. Well, guess what? I do, too. But none of this would have happened if George Zimmerman hadn't followed him. I believe Trayvon Martin was also defending himself.

George Zimmerman got overpowered, then used deadly force to win. From a legal standpoint, that's self-defense.

But what is it from a moral standpoint? The courts don't preside over right and wrong -- just over laws, which aren't always based on morals. That's why guilty men can get away with almost anything if they have the right lawyers.

The verdict doesn't prove Zimmerman didn't profile Martin. I believe he did. Americans do it every day. All black boys are dangerous "thugs."

That's why if Trayvon Martin had followed and killed George Zimmerman, he'd had been in jail months ago. No one would have believed he was acting in self-defense.
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Wild_Cards wrote:


He's hiding from the backlash. If he believes he's innocent, he should "stand his ground." Plus, he didn't even take the stand in his own defense. Why wouldn't he if his story's so solid?

It sounds like you fully believe Trayvon Martin started the fight. Well, guess what? I do, too. But none of this would have happened if George Zimmerman hadn't followed him. I believe Trayvon Martin was also defending himself.

George Zimmerman got overpowered, then used deadly force to win. From a legal standpoint, that's self-defense.

But what is it from a moral standpoint? The courts don't preside over right and wrong -- just over laws, which aren't always based on morals. That's why guilty men can get away with almost anything if they have the right lawyers.

The verdict doesn't prove Zimmerman didn't profile Martin. I believe he did. Americans do it every day. All black boys are dangerous "thugs."

That's why if Trayvon Martin had followed and killed George Zimmerman, he'd had been in jail months ago. No one would have believed he was acting in self-defense.

Why wouldn't he be in hiding/protection after getting death threats? Just what we need, him to 'stand his ground' while some moron administers 'street justice' and kills him. That'd be 1st degree murder for the would be killer which yields life in prison or execution in Florida. In most cases the risks far outweigh the rewards when testifying in your own defense. All it takes is a mistake during your testimony, or a brutal cross examination that illustrates you're a liar and condemns you in the eyes of the jury.

Bringing up morals(right and wrong) in cases like this is irrelevant. You are innocent until proven guilty. From a moral standpoint condemning someone if you don't know what happened and can't prove them guilty of a crime is wrong. If their roles were reversed, this case would play out the exact same way because you can't prove it one way or the other. That is unless TM admitted his guilt, or he testified in his own defense which would open up new possibilities. Saying TM would be found guilty is nothing but speculation that you wouldn't know until it happened. If they played it off the same way the GZ defense did and was found guilty, then we'd have a problem.

OT: 'A 17-year-old boy'? I'd probably call a 7-year-old a boy, but boy would be one of the last words on my list of names for a 17-year-old linked to drug use. If you're going to be mad at the media for painting GZ as a 'hero', then I don't see how you can call TM a boy. Where's the anger at the people who showed TM's picture from he was what 12-14? It doesn't matter that much, but everyone, not just the media, needs to stop sugar coating things.
32574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

George Zimmerman should have been convicted of manslaughter. The jury made a mistake with that decision. That being said though, at least he is taking advantage of that mistake to do something good and useful. I may disagree with what he did that night, though mistakes were made on both sides, but I can still acknowledge it when he does something good.


Mysharonaa wrote:

I wonder if Trayvon would have helped if he saw them on his way to buy illegal items...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/23/justice/florida-zimmerman-defense


Yes, because people with issues don't have a conscience at all. I mean, they see death all the time and just love it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-member-helps-save-cop-drug-addled-attacker/story?id=17562996

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/06/chicago-gang-members-fight-to-save-hospital-that-saves-them/

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/31/08/41/recovering-drug-addict-saves-stranger


You mean the world isn't perfectly divided into black and white? Mind blown
Phersu 
27715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Mysharonaa wrote:

The idea that criminals will help a stranger in need every time is just ridiculous. The probability of anyone at all helping one another is rare. The idea that someone who takes from other to help themselves, helping another, and possibly exposing himself to danger in the process is astronomically low. My point lost in this argument is that Zimmerman isn't the monster the media made him to be. Also, I don't think Trayvon would have helped.

It really does need to go away, but since it distracts people from real problems; it will more than likely stay.


http://www.cracked.com/article_19393_7-ruthless-criminals-who-turned-good-when-nobody-was-looking.html

Not to mention the Yakuza helping out with the tsunami disaster in Japan. Sometimes the bad guys are better than the good guys.
7182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Texas
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Phersu wrote:


Mysharonaa wrote:

The idea that criminals will help a stranger in need every time is just ridiculous. The probability of anyone at all helping one another is rare. The idea that someone who takes from other to help themselves, helping another, and possibly exposing himself to danger in the process is astronomically low. My point lost in this argument is that Zimmerman isn't the monster the media made him to be. Also, I don't think Trayvon would have helped.

It really does need to go away, but since it distracts people from real problems; it will more than likely stay.


http://www.cracked.com/article_19393_7-ruthless-criminals-who-turned-good-when-nobody-was-looking.html

Not to mention the Yakuza helping out with the tsunami disaster in Japan. Sometimes the bad guys are better than the good guys.


Japan is a whole different situation. After the Katrina hurricane many place saw a spike in crime, and in the Astrodome where many evacuees were kept had daily reports of rape and beatings. (Google it- pick an article and read it: it's sad at the least.)

The Japanese as a culture seem to handle adversity better than the US.
Phersu 
27715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Mysharonaa wrote:


Phersu wrote:


Mysharonaa wrote:

The idea that criminals will help a stranger in need every time is just ridiculous. The probability of anyone at all helping one another is rare. The idea that someone who takes from other to help themselves, helping another, and possibly exposing himself to danger in the process is astronomically low. My point lost in this argument is that Zimmerman isn't the monster the media made him to be. Also, I don't think Trayvon would have helped.

It really does need to go away, but since it distracts people from real problems; it will more than likely stay.


http://www.cracked.com/article_19393_7-ruthless-criminals-who-turned-good-when-nobody-was-looking.html

Not to mention the Yakuza helping out with the tsunami disaster in Japan. Sometimes the bad guys are better than the good guys.


Japan is a whole different situation. After the Katrina hurricane many place saw a spike in crime, and in the Astrodome where many evacuees were kept had daily reports of rape and beatings. (Google it- pick an article and read it: it's sad at the least.)

The Japanese as a culture seem to handle adversity better than the US.


Not just Japan, mate. Even in good old America some people who are technically criminals pull together to help the community. It's a weird world.
7182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Texas
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13


One random act of kindness suddenly turns criminals into to saints? NO

Yes people can change, but let's think about this: it doesn't happen often. That's why there's the term repeat offenders.


I think most people have the idea of someone that makes a mistake confused with people that get by doing illegal things.
Phersu 
27715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 7/22/13


Never said they were saints, just pointing out that such acts of kindness by criminals aren't as astronomically low as you originally posted.
57808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hell Paso
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

Aethix0 wrote:

This just shows us who George Zimmerman really is: a man who believes in doing what he can to help out his community. We need more people like him.


yes we need more people like him, but in JAIL were he belongs
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.