First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply How to identify a GIF's problem
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:



oh really :c honestly I'm trying to learn how to work with gifs with photoshop since im not very experienced with it and that pic was a test for me to use but i failed miserably = w = ;; if all things fail i'll go get GIMP again o;


Ah ok, whats the issue you're having?
Posted 3/21/15


i uploaded the same pic as avii and lookie how it still does that glitch thing o;
i have no idea how to fix it = ^ =
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:



i uploaded the same pic as avii and lookie how it still does that glitch thing o;
i have no idea how to fix it = ^ =


Looks fine to me. The animation might be a little rough due to the shortness of it, so it just looks like its glitching.
Posted 3/21/15

KyotoTofu wrote:


-tenshi wrote:



i uploaded the same pic as avii and lookie how it still does that glitch thing o;
i have no idea how to fix it = ^ =


Looks fine to me. The animation might be a little rough due to the shortness of it, so it just looks like its glitching.


ehh it looks like it's jolting though when it's supposed to be continuous = x = idk the smallest things always bother my eyes Dx
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:



i uploaded the same pic as avii and lookie how it still does that glitch thing o;
i have no idea how to fix it = ^ =


Nvm i see what you're saying, i took a look at it and if you speed it up 2x speed instead of 1x it flows a bit more smoothly.
Posted 3/21/15


omfg i speed it up and it did work but now it makes me feel dizzy cause it's too fast XDD
i guess that's the only way to fix it? o;
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:



omfg i speed it up and it did work but now it makes me feel dizzy cause it's too fast XDD
i guess that's the only way to fix it? o;


Well i don't know about photoshop so i can't say. If i had access to the original one i could probably fix it and tell you what was done in gimp, but that doesnt really help your situation on trying to learn how to do it in photoshop. If you don't want to do that might just wait for deadpan to get on and help you, or anyone else that happens to know photoshop, do to not having photoshop myself.
Posted 3/21/15 , edited 3/21/15


mhm alrighty ~ thanks though o; i got some few ideas either way <3
Master
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:
mhm alrighty ~ thanks though o; i got some few ideas either way <3


What version of PhotoShop are you using? I have an old one, so there may be some differences between our versions.

I looked at your gif in ImageReady. There are 10 frames or layers. The animation will never be truly smooth since you have so few frames to work with. You best bet is to capture a new image with more frames. Of course that will increase the image size, but you have plenty of room to work with since this image is only 152 KB.

You can set individual timing on the frames. Using some irregular timing could help smooth out the animation. But I don't think that would make much difference in this case.

As for GIMP vs PhotoShop, GIMP is great for automating the unoptimize feature, but I find PS does a better job with most other tasks, such as scaling images. There's a lot to learn in either tools, so it is worth your time to experiment and learn.
Posted 3/21/15

deadpanditto wrote:


-tenshi wrote:
mhm alrighty ~ thanks though o; i got some few ideas either way <3


What version of PhotoShop are you using? I have an old one, so there may be some differences between our versions.

I looked at your gif in ImageReady. There are 10 frames or layers. The animation will never be truly smooth since you have so few frames to work with. You best bet is to capture a new image with more frames. Of course that will increase the image size, but you have plenty of room to work with since this image is only 152 KB.

You can set individual timing on the frames. Using some irregular timing could help smooth out the animation. But I don't think that would make much difference in this case.

As for GIMP vs PhotoShop, GIMP is great for automating the unoptimize feature, but I find PS does a better job with most other tasks, such as scaling images. There's a lot to learn in either tools, so it is worth your time to experiment and learn.


I'm using PS cs5, and ooh. Having more frames is better? o; and what is the preferred file size ?
I have stopped using GIMP nearly 4 years ago since I find PS more comfortable + I'm very satisfied with PS cs5 already o;
Master
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 3/21/15

-tenshi wrote:

I'm using PS cs5, and ooh. Having more frames is better? o; and what is the preferred file size ?
I have stopped using GIMP nearly 4 years ago since I find PS more comfortable + I'm very satisfied with PS cs5 already o;


In general, if you have motion then more frames per second will give you smoother animation.

If you plan on using a gif for an avi (profile pic) then you are limited to 1 MB; otherwise 3 MB is the CR limit.
Posted 4/24/15
hii. i was making an avii and i cant seem to fix the glitchiness x.x;;
can you tell me what to do in order to fix it? o; i'm still getting the hang of working with gifs here ; u;
Master
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 4/24/15

-tenshi wrote:

hii. i was making an avii and i cant seem to fix the glitchiness x.x;;
can you tell me what to do in order to fix it? o; i'm still getting the hang of working with gifs here ; u;


When I look at the image, I see 15 frames with the last 3 being blurry. That matches what I see in your posted image.

Can you describe the problem you are having in a bit more detail? Are you having trouble creating the image in PS? Or is it something else?

Thanks.
Posted 4/24/15

my problem is it turns to this whenever i try to upload it as an avii


what should i do to avoid that? ; u;
my friends say i should keep the frame count to 20-30 frames
but it didnt really do anything to change it so i put it back to 15 > .<
Master
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 4/24/15

-tenshi wrote:

my problem is it turns to this whenever i try to upload it as an avii


what should i do to avoid that? ; u;
my friends say i should keep the frame count to 20-30 frames
but it didnt really do anything to change it so i put it back to 15 > .<


That is odd. I used the image in your previous post and it worked fine for me. I'm assuming there is something different between that image and the one you tried to use.

Try this: Save the working image in your previous post to your computer. Then use that image to set your avi. Let's see if that works.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.