Post Reply What's up with this error?
15041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 7/24/13
Often, I'll start a show on Crunchyroll on my PC then later I'll eventually want to finish the series on my Roku. Here's the problem, sometimes I'll try to select a series that's in my Queue and the Roku will return and say "There is currently no content available for this series." The shows affected so far are "School Days" and "Shin Sekai Yori". Is this a glitch with the Roku box? Nearly every other show works flawlessly except for these two. There's probably more that give this error but I haven't found anymore yet. Perhaps this is a licensing issue?

Thanks in advance,
~Crunchyroll User
25977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

Apacity wrote: "School Days" and "Shin Sekai Yori". Is this a glitch with the Roku box? Nearly every other show works flawlessly except for these two.
Probably need to set a birthdate and mature content setting...

/editprofile/?tab=basic
/acct/?action=video
15041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 7/24/13 , edited 7/24/13

asharka wrote:


Apacity wrote: "School Days" and "Shin Sekai Yori". Is this a glitch with the Roku box? Nearly every other show works flawlessly except for these two.
Probably need to set a birthdate and mature content setting...

/editprofile/?tab=basic
/acct/?action=video


Thank you, I will report back later tonight if this resolves my issues.

EDIT: After giving it 20 or so minutes, and rebooting my Roku, the issue still persists. I wonder if there's some type of delay from the CR servers to the Roku servers to reflect my profile settings?

I'll still check tonight after work (which will be approx 7 hours after this post.) We'll see if it works then.

Again, thank you for suggestions!
25977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

Apacity wrote:
EDIT: After giving it 20 or so minutes, and rebooting my Roku, the issue still persists. I wonder if there's some type of delay from the CR servers to the Roku servers to reflect my profile settings?


Well, this is odd. I just tried a search on the Roku and it didn't find School days at all... But when I added it to my queue using the web, then it did show up and play on the Roku when playing it from that queue bar.

Were you trying to play the episode from your recently watched bar instead of from the queue? I also had an error when I tried that instead.

The other show you mentioned /shin-sekai-yori-from-the-new-world also does not get found on the Roku in a search... I can add it to my queue on the web, but unlike the other one which does play from my queue, SSY results in the "no content is available" for me, too.

It looks like two separate different problems possibly related, possibly not. I can repeat both issues, but can get around the School Days one by adding to my queue. No such luck with SSY though. I wonder if it is due to CR currently working on the Roku app...
15041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 7/24/13

asharka wrote:


Apacity wrote:
EDIT: After giving it 20 or so minutes, and rebooting my Roku, the issue still persists. I wonder if there's some type of delay from the CR servers to the Roku servers to reflect my profile settings?


Well, this is odd. I just tried a search on the Roku and it didn't find School days at all... But when I added it to my queue using the web, then it did show up and play on the Roku when playing it from that queue bar.

Were you trying to play the episode from your recently watched bar instead of from the queue? I also had an error when I tried that instead.

The other show you mentioned /shin-sekai-yori-from-the-new-world also does not get found on the Roku in a search... I can add it to my queue on the web, but unlike the other one which does play from my queue, SSY results in the "no content is available" for me, too.

It looks like two separate different problems possibly related, possibly not. I can repeat both issues, but can get around the School Days one by adding to my queue. No such luck with SSY though. I wonder if it is due to CR currently working on the Roku app...


I have (had) both on my instant Queue when I was watching them. Schooldays I finished like a week ago by watching it on a PC but as of now Shin Sekai Yori is the problem. I'm accessing it from my queue, not history. It's totally weird. Both shows I tried accessing from the instant queue on the Roku. Hopefully a CR rep can shed some light on this issue.

15041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 7/25/13
Error is GONE. I guess it took Roku a few hours to sync with my profile updates. Thanks for the help again! Greatly appreciated!
You must be logged in to post.