First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
What do you think is the next fuel after gas?
Posted 1/31/08
I think i can imagine some one "turboing" an electric car lol.

I think we'll be using bio diesel and electric soon. I dont think we'll run out of crude oil for another 200 years or so , so i think we'll be okay in our lifetime
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
I wonder if an electric car without a use for a mechanical generator would work.
Like with hybrids and synergy drives and stuff, it uses an electric motor to a predetermined speed, then is assisted by a gasoline motor...atleast thats how I believe the concept works.
If thats the case, would it be possible to drive a belt to another electrical motor and use PM generators to produce an AC voltage? Somewhat like how an alternator would work...except...add torque multiplication.

On paper it sounds good to me right now, but I'd hate to have to design it...or hell, even work on the thing.
340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / dreamland with Ja...
Offline
Posted 2/2/08
its gonna be electricity produced from nuclear fission using hydrogen 3 (or it could be helium 3...cant remember) mined from the moon. seriously ppl are thinking about it cause an enormous amount of enery is given off when fission occurs with this specific chemical and its so hard to come by in the world and even harder to synthetically produce
340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / dreamland with Ja...
Offline
Posted 2/2/08
of coarse if scientists create a material that can take serious heat (1000's of degrees celcius) nuclear fusion could be used but i dont really think thats gonna happen anythime soon
12634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/2/08
umm well all the rich people are you using the oil from McDonalds and stuff so umm yeh...
Posted 2/2/08
someone should make a car that runs on crap.
531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / O CANADA!
Offline
Posted 2/2/08
Biodiesel will be the next big thing. biodiesel isnt the ultimate solution but it's a start. 100% biodiesel will run your car but you still need to modify it to accept the fuel to avoid long term damage, a 20% biodiesel 80% petrodiesel mix is what is being offered mostly everywhere and you can feed that directly into your diesel car. biodiesel reduces greenhouse gases by 65% except for nitrogen oxide which is 10% higher than most petrololeum products.

100% biodiesel kinda sucks for cold countries (like canada) because depending on what its made from the gelling temperature is anywhere from -10 celsius to +16 celsius. so thats another hurdle cause your engine doesnt run on gel....

biodisel may also contain water which is bad for your vehicle.


After biodiesel it will have to be electric. a fully electric rechargeable vehicle will be made within the next 5-10 years if it hasn't already. my inner conspiracy nut is going nuts thinking that the oil companies are holding it back, but i digress.

i would forget about hydrogen and air compression for the foreseable future. I have seen stuff about an air car and hydrogen but i wouldnt bet on it anytime soon. i dont want to be riding in a vehicle with a compressed highly flammable gas tank. WTF at nuclear cars, forget it.

a car that runs on crap? holy crap mute_89 you should stay that way. it might be possible, crap contains methane and it could be used as a viable source of energy but seriously? do you want to drive around in a car that smells like crap? i dare you to put some crap in your garage for a week.
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / grayish, ghoulish...
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
I so want it to be electric, however the oil companies have already confused the public as to what should be suitable. Because we are so used to filling up a tank, it is easy for them to inject and sell these "fill up" replacements to us.

They are the ones spending millions on advertising to brainwash and mislead us. Companies like Shell, has even bought out certain technology groups on the verge of battery breakthroughs. They have also paid the automakers to keep utilizing revised I.C.E. (internal combustion engine) technologies to keep up hooked on gasoline/petrol.

The way big oil sees the future of automotive is in hydrogen, bio-deisel, or ethanol 15.... Because, those are products that can replicate their current standing of source and supplier.

Most people do not even drive 200 miles a day, yet that was one of the counter arguments against the electric car. A car with a 200 mile range is substantially adequate for even auto centric cities such as Los Angeles. From surveys taken, the average American driver drives less than 75 miles round trip each day!
So from that, the average range criteria is met more than double the average.

Dirty campaigns... Buying off Politicians (recently in Canada)... prevents electric vehicles from ever becoming a mainstay, both as an option of purchase and means of travel. People say that electric cars do no have the same power output... check this out....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_jwE0KdOk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6gD6r3-cw&feature=related

These are either private individuals or very small companies... this just shows us what is possible in terms of performance...Can you imagine just what electric cars will be like if automakers concentrated more on this?

Battery tech has improved dramatically since i wrote my thesis on this very subject. I have even heard of extensive miniaturization of battery size and extension of range by another 30%.
Solar cells can now be adapted into a coat of paint, and even specially treated paper can have the same properties as alkaline cells.

There are choices.... just dont be blinded by the big colorful signs and flashy gimmicks.



2717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / IL, USA
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
^^ Agree w/ several things that you posted.

I will definitely be electric cars. Did you know that the first car that was made was an electric car? No it was not Model T, Model T is the first commercial (mass produced) car. And he's right about the 200 miles on electric car. Face it, average person don't drive more than 100 miles a day nonstop. why i said nonstop? cuz if the car company actually embrace electrical car then there will be electric stations or in parking lots thus u can charge ur car while the car is parked. Also did you know that electric is several debuts except the car companies and gas companies crashed them (aka stop them) Why? cuz if electric car does take the future, all the major gas company will die. As for the power output, the Tesla Roadster can 0-60mph in less than 5 sec...if you say that's not fast then wow... An average stock car (non sport) does 10-12 sec hmm... It also has a drivable range of 250 miles and it takes i think 3-4 hrs to fully recharge. o yea just a side note, a electric car destroyed a Ferrari in an official race. Woot go electric, however battery tech still needs improvement as in recycblity and range.

Ok, next for those that said hydrogen is highly explosive and will not work on cars. It's 100% wrong, why cuz there's several testing cars w/ hydrogen technology. For one, the Mazda Rx-8 Hybrid (go rotary, only in japan and available already but only to company usage) It uses gasoline and hydrogen, same everything just an added tank and a fuel selector. You can switch between the two fuels, one reason for it being hybrid is that there isn't alot of hydrogen station so they had to have gasoline. Also hydrogen is highly flammable but just like gasoline, if there's no spark then there's no explosion (also it must be under pressure or it'll just burn)

I don't think diesel (or biodiesel) will take the stage in the future. Why? Cuz it's not must cleaner than gasoline and it's still using fossil fuel...so that means we're still using basically the same thing.

I don't understand wind power...we put sails on our car?? Wind power is used to generate electricity so it's an electric car right?

Solar power, i don't really see that as a fuel, just like wind power. Unless solar power is directly applied to the electric motor w/o batteries. However solar power is very weak right now, it doesn't produce enough power even if the whole car can absorb light. So unless solar power takes a HUGE leap in technological advancement then i highly doubt it'll take the stage anytime soon. Also it's still electricity so it's also an electric car right?

As for water, i haven't done a lot of research on that. Actually barely any on water being the next fuel.
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 3/20/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

i say wind power becuz its unlimited. also water becuz theres so much around us.


after gas you say---it will be LPG and water will take a little longer since it is costly for now.R&D has got to take out its roots to play an active support on this
Posted 3/20/08

chinky_sonny wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

i say wind power becuz its unlimited. also water becuz theres so much around us.


after gas you say---it will be LPG and water will take a little longer since it is costly for now.R&D has got to take out its roots to play an active support on this


after i did my report on alternative fuels i realized. screw the world. let the next generation find a cure to our mess.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
In my opinion i think its shit because in america it is used as a gas in cooking so its very possible but very gross... hehheeh
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


chinky_sonny wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

i say wind power becuz its unlimited. also water becuz theres so much around us.


after gas you say---it will be LPG and water will take a little longer since it is costly for now.R&D has got to take out its roots to play an active support on this


after i did my report on alternative fuels i realized. screw the world. let the next generation find a cure to our mess.


elders realize after all those years that the leaders were noble. it is just that their efforts made seems to be short fall and what was started wil be finished by the next generation
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 3/21/08

padol wrote:

In my opinion i think its shit because in america it is used as a gas in cooking so its very possible but very gross... hehheeh


there are LPG powered vehicle in US.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
But is there any shit powered? (feces i mean buthane from the septi tanks) ?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.