First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it possible to wear off evil from Humanity?
2387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In Rainbows
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
here is the definition of evil

morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws.

I'm literally fed up with the news about murder, rape, robberies, etc.... etc... etc...

and if there is a designer why did he design rape to be evil instead of eating your own crap.


41557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
No.

What I've noticed is that most herbivorous animals (not all) tend to be gentle in nature, like sheep, cows, rabbits etc.
While carnivorous and omnivorous animals (humans) are fierce in nature.

This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.
I'm not saying eating meat is responsible for violent nature in humans, what I'm saying is that to hunt down meat, humans needed murderous instincts.

These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.

In the future, it is possible that human males could start to appear less and less violent because of a reduced level of testosterone and continous social conditioning of moral values; but I don't think it will be gone completely.
16210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The magical land...
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

No.

What I've noticed is that most herbivorous animals (not all) tend to be gentle in nature, like sheep, cows, rabbits etc.
While carnivorous and omnivorous animals (humans) are fierce in nature.

This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.
I'm not saying eating meat is responsible for violent nature in humans, what I'm saying is that to hunt down meat, humans needed murderous instincts.

These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.

In the future, it is possible that human males could start to appear less and less violent because of a reduced level of testosterone and continous social conditioning of moral values; but I don't think it will be gone completely.


Human females, too.

and this is a silly question because there's no such thing as morals. Therefore there is no evil or to paraphrase:
people are evil by default. To remove the evil from the world is to remove the humans or their ideas of justice.
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / エーテル
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
It's said that everything has to have a balance, but why must there be bad to balance out the good?
Maybe bad things won't disappear completely, but hopefully more good will present itself^^
Dragon Mod
43153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / OK, USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
I think we live in an interesting point in history.

On the one hand, I believe that we are, in general, trending towards less violence & evil overall. However, we're also in a massive upsurge in information availability - once upon a time you'd never hear about a kid the next town over accidentally shooting himself in the foot with a gun, except maybe weeks later due to gossip. A state over and you'd likely never hear about it, and news from other countries was so scarce that when it did arrive, it was big news that the news arrived. These days you can hear about things from across the world, within hours of an event.

So it seems like we're hearing about more evil acts, and it gives the impression that we're at least as evil, if not more so than in the past. But crime statistics in general are trending downwards, which gives me hope that we're slowly becoming less evil.

I don't think evil or violence will ever completely go away. Slowly we'll get better, though.
19701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

>No.

>This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.

>These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.


This is pretty spot on. It's pretty survival-based instinct for the whole "kill or be killed". Evil takes roots in prehistoric genes. Snakes will steal eggs from birds, Humans will craft spears and throw them into the side of a pig.

Morals are something that's entirely made up. It's a philosophical concept put into place to stop us from destroying ourselves. They were created as guidelines for the ancients to live by so we could continue to exist as a species in a world.
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
change your view of good and evil... if u see a man kill a cow you might think that is evil but in another view u may think it is good because he killed it for his family, or maybe he didnt kill it for his family but you thought of him as a good person because your worldview of good matches what he did... viewpoint is all it takes to wear of evil!!! however changing your view is just a shortcut, other ways of changing it to wear of the evil are too likely not to happen in your lifespan and are too dangerous; but over time, long time like 1000 years or smthing, if people take steps slowly to build a world with no evil working together we can rid it.. if we all operated under one mind their would be no evil, i think, but the world would be boring.. /; a lot of way's to rid the world of evil dont listen to the comment's that say it's impossible those are LIES!! find spawns of satan everywhere nowadays
12940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Aberystwyth, Wale...
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

No.

What I've noticed is that most herbivorous animals (not all) tend to be gentle in nature, like sheep, cows, rabbits etc.
While carnivorous and omnivorous animals (humans) are fierce in nature.

This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.
I'm not saying eating meat is responsible for violent nature in humans, what I'm saying is that to hunt down meat, humans needed murderous instincts.

These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.

In the future, it is possible that human males could start to appear less and less violent because of a reduced level of testosterone and continous social conditioning of moral values; but I don't think it will be gone completely.


By human deaths, hippopotami are the most dangerous land animals, and they're mostly herbivorous. Bulls are aggresive enough that we have several sports based on trying not to let one of them kill you. I don't think this tendency you're talking about exists at all, and if anything herbivores are more violent: Do you have any non-anecdotal evidence to support your theory that herbivores tend to be peaceful?

You know how much humans tend to hate murderers? We didn't decide on that by a rational process, that's an evolved trait.

You know how guilty you would feel if someone made you kill a guy? Evolved trait. Same goes for theft. Humans are social animals, and couldn't survive on our own in the wild, we had to co-operate with a whole bunch of people, and make sure not to piss them off by murdering their friends or whatever. These primitive instincts are still present in today's humans with exactly as much strength as have always been there, and most of the time they're what make us moral in the first place.


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

and this is a silly question because there's no such thing as morals. Therefore there is no evil or to paraphrase:
people are evil by default. To remove the evil from the world is to remove the humans or their ideas of justice.


Unless your definition of "real" is so narrow that "X isn't real" stops being a meaningful objection, subjective morals are real, whether or not there's an objective morality to which they correspond. That can be proven by the fact that anyone thinks morality exists.


yuki_3 wrote:

It's said that everything has to have a balance, but why must there be bad to balance out the good?
Maybe bad things won't disappear completely, but hopefully more good will present itself^^


It is said by who? Because whoever said that, they haven't even met evolution. If there's a trait that gives more genetic fitness, evolution will push it until it stops increasing genetic fitness (which is almost completely unrelated to actual fitness) or until the entire species dies.


koji8123 wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

>No.

>This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.

>These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.


This is pretty spot on. It's pretty survival-based instinct for the whole "kill or be killed". Evil takes roots in prehistoric genes. Snakes will steal eggs from birds, Humans will craft spears and throw them into the side of a pig.

Morals are something that's entirely made up. It's a philosophical concept put into place to stop us from destroying ourselves. They were created as guidelines for the ancients to live by so we could continue to exist as a species in a world.


You do realize you just simultaneously claimed that we're evil because of evoluton and that we'd go extinct if we didn't have morals?
208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

yuki_3 wrote:

It's said that everything has to have a balance, but why must there be bad to balance out the good?
Maybe bad things won't disappear completely, but hopefully more good will present itself^^


I too believe that there is a certain balance maintained in the world. Without all of the evil things occurring around us, there would be no reason to become "good" in society.

Plus, there are people who are desperate to commit crimes like stealing in order to survive (technically, this would be considered as an evil act). I don't think it's practical to erase evil off the face of humanity, there's no way
21360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
As long as there is good, there will always be evil.
386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
I agree with some comments.

I think there is no such things as bad, good, or ethics...Is convenience. We are ruled by emotions, so when i'm anger, i can be evil. Is primative yes, but not necessarily is because of this.
iff you need something and can't get it, sometimes you will need do evil, to get it.
For example your parent need a pill that is very costly, you have no one to help and you decide to rob(morally evil), but you need this pill.

Whatever... In the future, the evil will exist because we will never be a hundred percent ruled by reason. And there's the possibility that we can't, get rid of the primative instinct, is natural of our species.
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

dyingsoon wrote:
and if there is a designer why did he design rape to be evil instead of eating your own crap.


This is an actual research topic called: THEODICY.

It's the attempt to resolve the evidential problem of evil by reconciling the traditional divine characteristics of omnibenevolence, omnipotence, and omniscience with the occurrence of evil or suffering in the world.

Essentially a human mind, regardless of which millennium it was born to, is capable of recognizing the obvious flaws in whatever religious system they're born into. This is done simply by paying heed to the vast amount of injustice, pain and suffering in the world around them. The conclusion was most famously reached by Epicurious, an Athenian living around 300 B.C. but has been restated repeatedly by thinkers and philosophers and laymen again and again throughout history.

If God is unwilling to prevent suffering -- God is either impotent, or evil.

575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
I personally think no because there is always some A-hole taking advantage of other people.
13253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Online
Posted 7/31/13
I once read a theory that humans are natural good because babies will feed their Mothers. I think we all are a bit evil. Some people are more evil the others but it's there, inside of all of us. Evil is a part of being human. If you want to get wear off evil, then we need to take away our free wills. That is really scary.
32469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
Human beings need to transcend humanity via transhumanism. Then maybe we can clear out evil. We'll be able to identify aggressive genes, change our genetic structure etc...

But till then, it will just be more of the same.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.