First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it possible to wear off evil from Humanity?
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
Thank god, you all are starting to use spoiler tags. The quotes were getting nutso.
5174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

dyingsoon wrote:


KaosProphet wrote:


dyingsoon wrote:


KaosProphet wrote:


dyingsoon wrote:

your definition of evil is questionable if you ask me.



That's sort of my point.



ham is beef because that's what i believe.


That is unquestionably silly.

I do hope you weren't expecting me to concede based on some false equivocation premise though?


okay let's ASSUME that.........

ham is beef because that's what i believe.

why are you questioning my belief basing on my internal knowledge?

and how can you say that it's false when you don't even know the reason why i'm saying that in the first place.

now you get what i mean?


It still looks like a bad equivocation. You seem to be assuming that if one definition is subjectively based, then all definitions can be treated as subjective.

"Different people can have different concepts of evil" is not quite the same thing as "ham is beef."


dyingsoon wrote:your definition of evil is

survival or justice to another.


i won't say that it's FALSE but it's questionable.


No, son.
My definition of evil is "a culturally subjective value judgement."

Which is to say, everyone's notion of what is or is not evil is questionable.


dyingsoon wrote:
now....

1.)

A murdered B

C can't accept that A is evil. (murder is not evil according to C)

therefore A is not evil.


Replace "murder" with "killing."

Murder is a specific form of killing that implicitly has a moral judgement attached to it. Murder is always 'evil,' because only killings that are already considered evil get called "murder." Everything else gets a different label; self defense, accidental, justified war.



dyingsoon wrote:
now let me share you a famous quote by William Shakespear.

"There is neither Good nor Evil - Thinking makes it so."

so you agree with WS?


He oversimplified. But such is poetic license, so I'll say that I don't disagree with him.
5174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

PhyongHwa wrote:



I was talking about people wanting evil in general eradicated by a deity, not people who want help.


While I recognize the distinction, I don't see it's relevance. It strikes me more as a semantic quibble about the analogy.

By not eradicating evil, any prospective deity is refusing to help every single victim of evil. Even the innocent ones, who made no choices. Stopping evil is not "saving us from ourselves," it's "saving one man from the predations of his neighbour."
43662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

dyingsoon wrote:

here is the definition of evil

morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws.

I'm literally fed up with the news about murder, rape, robberies, etc.... etc... etc...

and if there is a designer why did he design rape to be evil instead of eating your own crap.




What's immoral or bad differs from culture to culture and from period to period.

The people of a cannibalistic tribe would find killing and eating humans morally acceptable, but we wouldn't.
Much of India view killing and eating a cow immoral, but we don't.

So long as our views can and will change, what is evil and what isn't will never be constant. If you took away all the "evil" things, we'd just make up more things to be "evil."
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
1143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13
Well, if humanity were to be freed from 'evil', then people would have to be similar to each other, in morality codes. That is impossible, in America since the Amendment has 'freedom' for all, (I think, I didn't really pay to much attention in History) so to rid the U.S. at least from evil, you'd have to strip everyone from their rights and restart, from re-writing history, to forcefully re-program those whom morality code is deemed 'wrong', and to sum it up, it would be the destruction of the world. So, basically for their to be good in the world then then has to be evil. .___.
17916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


Shy-Anime-Guy wrote:









hahah, we should follow their lead sometime >.< :0 where did you live man?! thats awesome, i bet that helped you sleep :o

i believe it >_< jail wouldn't be too fun, especially if you only intended to do good. Dx

D= do you openly talk about it or wear merch that would do the talking for you? :p i'm about to get some shirts x)

true that, its the only way to live a decent life xP

for reaaaaal. everything just immediately turns into something freaky lmao. depending on the movie i can like it too. its fun isnt it? for that same reason i formed a love for rollercoasters, i used to be so afraid of them

ah i understand, that makes sense. you were already too good at it so it just kinda felt like review eh?

nice, i like the sound of that technique, i feel like that would give your artwork a nice and powerful feel to it i see do you know what it was you were painting at the time? :s ^^; your own style is what suits you after all. thats good you are setting nice examples then!

17824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
First of all no, it can't be erased. People will always do things that another considers evil, or there will be no such thing as evil. Plus, just taking a good look at the world gives you a good idea that it is near impossible to erase it, especially if a constant new supply of people like it come into the world.

Secondly, a creator doesn't necessarily have to make evil. Albert Einstein had an amazing quote about evil being the absence of good, just as darkness is the absence of light or cold is the absence of heat. He described it way better than I could.
48288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / US
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


kirika202 wrote:





Homosexuality isn't an "idea", it's a sexuality... like heterosexuality and bisexuality are sexualities. Even though nature probably intended for heterosexuality to be the only sexuality (so that sexual reproduction could be successful), something happened and homosexuality/bisexuality became part of the sexuality spectrum.

Sexualities are not ideas, but natural instincts/preferences of a particular gender.



It bothers me a great deal that you assert that love is a conditioned response while sexuality is a natural trait. If having a preference combined with the capacity for self-sacrifice is not love, then what is? I tried to stay out of the multi-page debates this time, but that one irked me a bit. If anything, you are exactly backwards.


For these reasons I sincerely believe you are backwards.
Posted 8/7/13
Bad anime dubs are evil
Posted 8/7/13


mhm those monkeys look delicious
21316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
Barring the fact that evil is all based on the perception of those who see it evil will always exist because it's a matter of coping. When you look at it,almost anything that would be considered evil that someone does comes from a trigger. The way people's brains are wired is different between individuals so reactions can vary but the fact is that every person has some trigger that would cause them to commit evil. Usually it can be from events in one's past,especially a traumatic childhood which provides fuel,just waiting for a trigger to be set off. Most of the time a person wouldn't even know it's been done and it can seem like their way of thinking changes radically overnight or they can slowly progress to a point they are capable of killing or raping. I guess what I'm saying is that as long as their is any any kind of negativity whatsoever,there will be evil and even if we lived in a utopia where nobody ever got sick,died and there was no negativity at all there would still be someone who would perceive a difference and potentially become evil because of it.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London
Offline
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13
I think we should do more for a sustainable future, our future is in our hands lol or something. For example, tackling global warming. So yes, it is possible.

Strahfobiya wrote:



mhm those monkeys look delicious


Gasp! Evil xD
Banned
15159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13

dyingsoon wrote:

here is the definition of evil

morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws.

I'm literally fed up with the news about murder, rape, robberies, etc.... etc... etc...

and if there is a designer why did he design rape to be evil instead of eating your own crap.




w/o what has been said: "morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws." you have no antonym for the word.

...pretty other worldly right? might as well just eat, work, sleep and die. better yet! dig a hole and crawl into it.
what's a world without pain? ...a world without joy. what's a world without hate? ...a world without love.



we are the designer. our purpose is to create



-edit-

then again... it is all how you look at it:




-edit-


the first two posters said it pretty well:

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

No.

What I've noticed is that most herbivorous animals (not all) tend to be gentle in nature, like sheep, cows, rabbits etc.
While carnivorous and omnivorous animals (humans) are fierce in nature.

This is due to the fact that such traits (murderous intent, greed, strong sexual essence) were needed for survival and continuation of species in the wild.
I'm not saying eating meat is responsible for violent nature in humans, what I'm saying is that to hunt down meat, humans needed murderous instincts.

These primitive instincts obviously are still present in today's humans, in some people, they are stronger than others.

In the future, it is possible that human males could start to appear less and less violent because of a reduced level of testosterone and continous social conditioning of moral values; but I don't think it will be gone completely.


Human females, too.

and this is a silly question because there's no such thing as morals. Therefore there is no evil or to paraphrase:
people are evil by default. To remove the evil from the world is to remove the humans or their ideas of justice.


Posted 8/8/13
No, thank you original son or whatnot.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.