First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
MAL Scores
Posted 8/7/13

H3ctor87 wrote:


FameMonster wrote:

HA.
MAL ratings are such a joke, when Free! was announced butthurt kids on there were giving it a 1 and 'dropping' it before it even aired.
Hilarious.

.


*facepalm* Seriously? Honestly, I didn't care if it's shirtless guys swimming, but their close minded reaction gave me a headache. Happens in every thread that refers to niche anime.

Regarding MAL scores, many ppl in there look at them as "facts for everyone to supposedly agree" rather than personal opinion. The majority of MAL users only care for stupid things like what's popular (or mainstream) or genres despite acting all "objective" and let those silly things determine the scores. I know everyone has different tastes, but good god.


MAL is like that whenever anything is announced for women, it's completely ridiculous, but it's also hilarious. Any anime aimed at women that gets announced will get comments like, 'Fujoshit, Why waste money on this shit, GAAAYYYY' and so on, but don't insult ecchi or anything for men cause then you're a 'moralfag' or something.
CR is a much nicer community.
You should see the comments on the Free! announcement though, never seen so much whining in my life.

104584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13
I admit that I use the Top Anime List on MAL to choose which anime I watch. As of this post, I've watched the top 60 anime on this list.... But imo not all of them were top 60 worthy.... but who cares about that, back to the main point of this forum topic.

GoldTStar wrote:What anime score are you most disgusted by?



Cowboy Bebop
Score: 8.831 (scored by 110833 users)
Ranked: #172
Popularity: #23
Members: 176,930
Favorites: 12,921

And another one:


Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Score: 8.841 (scored by 123830 users)
Ranked: #162
Popularity: #15
Members: 196,519
Favorites: 16,974
39094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
Call me a cynic, but have AoT fans been deliberately voting the top 10 animes down? Those scores seem dramatically lower than a few months ago.............
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

globenstuff wrote:

SNK for me. I mean I like the show, but number 10 of all time in highest rated anime? At least rank the anime once it is all done.

Score: 8.951 (scored by 57951 users)
Ranked: #102
Popularity: #53
Members: 131,471
Favorites: 6,700


i dont see anything wrong with this score this show kicks ass and even tho its not complete nothing wrong with rating somehting u like.

dont forget that all these rating are an average. and as more people find this show im sure the ratings will increase.

rank 102 isnt bad considering how many anime are out their.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

GoldTStar wrote:



ALL SCORED BETTER THAN:

DAT LOGIC


DxD was ace and highschool of the dead was really good too. havnt seen the others or the one your comparing it too so cant say if that one should be higher but from the picture it looks crap.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13

GoldTStar wrote:



ALL SCORED BETTER THAN:

DAT LOGIC


are you implying that its better than Kore wa Zombie desu ka? because that is factually wrong
the only 2 I have not watched there are Sekirei and HOTD


suikojay wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

the scores are already out of whack when people give things 10s and 1s when the anime isn't done yet.

Sadly, that gets done here on CR too, lol. Just look at Watamote, it scored an overall rating of a 4.7 out of 5 with 41 votes. They really need to disable the ability to vote until a series is done.


yep, just ridiculous
the rating on a per episode basis is just bad
ex: any Attack on Titan episode, hours (maybe even days) before its up, 50+ votes at 5 stars already. smh
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

icecreamsnow wrote:

Attack on Titan #10 - 8.95


WTF its already at #10??

*goes to check*

wow, just wow
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

RolexKid wrote:


Crow009 wrote:

It's a medium and things like comedy, story, characters, music, art cannot be put on a scale objectively. No, because any person who rates an anime on a scale is putting their personal feelings into it, no matter what kind of scale it is, which things(story, art, characters, etc) carry more weight is up to them, whether one person views something as funny and the other person sees the same thing as unfunny is subjective, whether a character was developed well, whether the music fits and is good, etc. And Kami also said "The ideals of what someone thinks a 7 should be on such scale is subjective. "



not necessarily, if one follows a universal criteria when judging, which i doubt most people do; in cases where it occurs, it can be considered objective.

Yes always. As long as it's a human doing the scoring, then it will always be subjective. And what universal criteria are you talking about? There's no such thing. And universal criteria that humans thought of will still be subjective.



chrome_mist wrote:

I expect One Piece to land @ number 1 when it's over.
Not that it's ever happening though, as One Piece will NEVER end.

Actually give it about 8 - 10 years. I already know I'll be crying like a baby back bitch on that day.
And I asked someone to do the math, if One Piece ended now and everybody kept their score it would be either 5th or 6th on the top list. And a there are people who watch it weekly and don't score it, the score would probably rise a little more with them.
And of course One Piece is going to have the best climax and finale ever so it will definitely rise.



icecreamsnow wrote:

Call me a cynic, but have AoT fans been deliberately voting the top 10 animes down? Those scores seem dramatically lower than a few months ago.............
No actually anime like FMAB are going up. It's SnK that's going down, ever since it started to slow down the score has been steadily dropping. It will probably rise again in this arc.
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13

Crow009 wrote:

Yes always. As long as it's a human doing the scoring, then it will always be subjective. And what universal criteria are you talking about? There's no such thing. And universal criteria that humans thought of will still be subjective.





You have missed the context of the statement. Let's end this discussion here, since this is not the appropriate thread for this topic. If you still think your opinion is right, send me message and we can duke it out via pm.
39094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
I think that MAL scores tend to be a good rule of thumb.

The thing I don't like is that different seasons of shows can get different ratings, appearing multiple times, and that single movies get compared against whole seasons. Having Gintama appear three times in the top ten for example, when it's the same show.

But whilst it's a useful list to pick out top animes you might not have seen, it's definitely skewed by the genre. Shonen battle manga always gets a boost, and shojo love stories (with the exception of Clannad) get rated down.

40817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
I tend to ignore MAL scores since those tend to be weighted towards certain anime and anime that I have loved sometimes gets no respect.

I am slightly bothered that Uchuu Kyoudai's score isn't higher:

Score: 8.291 (scored by 8221 users)
Ranked: #2082
Popularity: #827
Members: 23,317
Favorites: 485
40313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

DAT LOGIC


DxD was ace and highschool of the dead was really good too. havnt seen the others or the one your comparing it too so cant say if that one should be higher but from the picture it looks crap.

DxD and HOTD are garbage and you say it looks like crap solely from the picture?? godlike comment




DAT LOGIC


are you implying that its better than Kore wa Zombie desu ka? because that is factually wrong
the only 2 I have not watched there are Sekirei and HOTD

Kore wa Zombie desu ka is completely outclassed by Rosario+Vampire. It has ABSOLUTELY no point to it and the worst part is that its boring. The only decent thing about it is the occasional funny scenes but its held down by the annoying characters and poor plot. Story, characters, music, humor, they all have nothing on R+V. Besides ones way more popular than the other for a reason.

29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13
I honestly think it doesn't do any good to be all bothered about whether your personal score is the same as the mean of everyone else's scores.

Doesn't that just mean you have a discernible taste when compared to masses of fanboys and haters? Of course it's going to be different.

Edit: Oh I guess it's bad of me to assume most scores are those of fanboys and haters, but they're still probably skewed a fair amount.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 8/7/13
Good story and humor in Rosario Vampire? You're joking, it's like we're watching two different shows

R+V was basically: focus on Tsukune and Moka relationship and with whoever was in his harem then, antagonist starts trouble in school or elsewhere, Tsukune pulls Moka's Rosario, antagonist defeated. Pour fanservice in. End of episode. Repeat process in next episode with more fanservice. It was the same thing for almost the whole show, it was only near the end that it got better.

In a cast of monster girl with trope tastic personalities, being the lone human I give some slack for Tsukune to not account for much but he is still useless.

I read the manga before watching the anime. I'm sure that sticking with the manga was the better choice.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13

GoldTStar wrote:


DAT LOGIC


DxD was ace and highschool of the dead was really good too. havnt seen the others or the one your comparing it too so cant say if that one should be higher but from the picture it looks crap.

DxD and HOTD are garbage and you say it looks like crap solely from the picture?? godlike comment




DAT LOGIC


are you implying that its better than Kore wa Zombie desu ka? because that is factually wrong
the only 2 I have not watched there are Sekirei and HOTD

Kore wa Zombie desu ka is completely outclassed by Rosario+Vampire. It has ABSOLUTELY no point to it and the worst part is that its boring. The only decent thing about it is the occasional funny scenes but its held down by the annoying characters and poor plot. Story, characters, music, humor, they all have nothing on R+V. Besides ones way more popular than the other for a reason.



i disagree

highschool of the dead is a good watch so is dxd

they are not in my top 10 list but they are still good and well worth a watch.

i will add rosario+vampire to my list of anime yet to see.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.