First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Would you want to be Immortal ??
3046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
Thats a hard question...
Theres definitely a lot of things i want to live to see happen in the world, But at the same time a lot of bad traumatizing stuff would happen too.
so no.
3265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Cleveland, Ohio
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
If I can manage to pull off being physically young and begin immune to physical age. Then why the heck not? As long as I get 90+ the expected years at least and not "forever" than I'm game
18524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
being a Persian Immortal would be boring, stupid wicker shields.
58947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
I think immortality would be the worse punishment a person could ever experience. Life has value and meaning because it ends, the ephemeral nature of life is what makes it worth living. If you never die, you would eventually see everything you wanted to see, do everything you wanted to do, and then what? time itself would become meaningless. You would have to keep living, and life itself would become a nightmare you would never be able to escape.

skdav 
32041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
As a human being, i would say no because life is fun due to the fact that you have limited time to do things. But if i was something with more power (lets say vampire-like without all the bad effect like sun ,etc.) then i think i would like to be immortal.
By being immortal i could do all the things i want without caring about money or other stuff because im strong enough to force things out and i could enjoy seeing what the human race will looks like in the future.
It may be some kind of curse if you dont enjoy living all the disaster that could happen, and you would have to be forever alone because your "wife" could not survive but i still think it would be awesome.
And dont give me the "i dont want to be immortal" crap. No one "want" to die. The older you get the more you will want to live for a little bit longer.
11082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
As long as a story is being made somewhere, whether it be game, book or movie, I would like to live to experience it.
13247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
If I can fly at speeds faster than light itself and be able to survive in space or on any planet, then I would love to be immortal
Posted 9/25/13

humnut wrote:

being a Persian Immortal would be boring, stupid wicker shields.


lmfao....
Posted 9/25/13

Topfries wrote:

If I can fly at speeds faster than light itself and be able to survive in space or on any planet, then I would love to be immortal


ummm.. flying is a super power, so no can do.
Posted 9/25/13

skdav wrote:

As a human being, i would say no because life is fun due to the fact that you have limited time to do things. But if i was something with more power (lets say vampire-like without all the bad effect like sun ,etc.) then i think i would like to be immortal.
By being immortal i could do all the things i want without caring about money or other stuff because im strong enough to force things out and i could enjoy seeing what the human race will looks like in the future.
It may be some kind of curse if you dont enjoy living all the disaster that could happen, and you would have to be forever alone because your "wife" could not survive but i still think it would be awesome.
And dont give me the "i dont want to be immortal" crap. No one "want" to die. The older you get the more you will want to live for a little bit longer.


I'm not gonna lie...I read part of what you said, but I love your avi-real women are much better than anime ones.
71311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Online
Posted 9/25/13
Not immortal, just being able to choose the length of your life would be better.
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13

quikbeam wrote:

I think immortality would be the worse punishment a person could ever experience. Life has value and meaning because it ends, the ephemeral nature of life is what makes it worth living. If you never die, you would eventually see everything you wanted to see, do everything you wanted to do, and then what? time itself would become meaningless. You would have to keep living, and life itself would become a nightmare you would never be able to escape.



This is pretty close to what I was thinking....I love to learn, so what after I learned all of the languages, hyistory and everything the world has to offer me? I get kind of bored with what I know already...what about knowing and understanding EVERYTHING?
14104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New England
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
As long as i could keep my youth of course i'd want to be immortal. Never having to age and watching the world change around me would be amazing. Probably one of the best 'super powers' i could ever choose
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 9/25/13
It depends if I can't get something along with immortality. I mean an immortal shapeshifter? Now that'd be awesome. However you'd probably go insane after a century or so.
47495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/25/13 , edited 9/25/13
I would accept Immortality as long as I could stay young or even altering my age so I can become younger again would be nice

being able to see countless possibilities in the future would be amazing to keep track of it all a duty to be the observer of the world never altering it personally.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.