First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Who is the most powerful person that ever lived?!? Jesus?
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13

pandrasb wrote:

Gathering data to use?

for what?


to prove something to someone
728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
People throwing "Jesus" around just because he has a religion, and throwing "Me" around without any justification? What boring answers. Kudos to everyone else who's put actual thought into it.

I agree with the people who mentioned Julius Caesar and maybe Hitler. They controlled a lot (or all) of the known world during their times or influenceed a lot of people. For better or for worse, they did have real power.
41621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 8/8/13
No mentions of Genghis Khan yet? I'm kinda impressed about what he managed to achieve.
7119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13
We're overlooking modern examples, I'd toss in the presidents of governments who have nuclear weapons at their disposal. Then there's the president of China who has over a billion people beneath him.
12732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Goku
11389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Towcester
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Obama tbh. A boring answer, but it's true.

Either him or some rich guy people haven't heard of that has influence in banks/oil.
22982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 8/8/13

Doryphoros wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

Gathering data to use?

for what?


to prove something to someone


Vague...
a619ko 
18192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Current US president--Obama.
According to Forbes...

I agree. He wields a mighty big stick to crush our enemies with.
Posted 8/8/13

Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

King Arthur


King Arthur never existed. I believe that he is actually several people mixed together, but I may be wrong.

I'd say Gilgamesh if you believe the information about him in the Epic of Gilgamesh


You say King Arthur never existed. Yet you didn't have anything to remark about the existence of Jesus?
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
I'm not quite sure people understand the checks and balances of the US government or the actual power the presidential position holds. It kind of reminds me of the US population 6 months after every new president screaming, "Why hasn't anything changed?!".
19160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
What no one mentioned him yet?



Chuck Norris on a T-Rex. Your argument is invalid.
3905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
^ YOLO
15061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Online
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13
It's probably just me, but in my mind there's difference between power and influence. I think Jesus (if you believe he existed) was the most influential man in history, but he's only the most powerful man if you are a Christian. If not, he didn't really have that much "direct power" and wound up executed by Rome, the real power at the time.

With that in mind, i'm not a big enough history buff to say who the most powerful man that ever lived was from a non-Christian perspective. I think whoever said Alexander the Great may have been on to something though.

Edit: Again, not big on politics so I don't know who the most powerful person today is. Probably Obama? Maybe the president of China or the EU though. (Again, looking at it from a non-Christian perspective).
37314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 8/8/13

theGreatDisapointment wrote:


Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

King Arthur


King Arthur never existed. I believe that he is actually several people mixed together, but I may be wrong.

I'd say Gilgamesh if you believe the information about him in the Epic of Gilgamesh


You say King Arthur never existed. Yet you didn't have anything to remark about the existence of Jesus?


The difference between them is that there is very little information about the 5th and 6th century England and the only historian alive at the time didn't mention Arthur at all. There is very little evidence to suggest that he existed, and most information on him are myths and legends. Whereas there is a whole religion devoted to Jesus and they all believe he existed and everyone believed in the Bible for a long time back in Europe. However, there is a lot of evidence to show that Jesus didn't exist either. There were around 30 historians in the 1st century in that area and not a single one of them mentioned Jesus or his disciples. Really there is more evidence to show that King Arthur existed than Jesus, but there is still very little and you can't say its a fact that either of them existed.

However, there is evidence that Gilgamesh existed
Posted 8/8/13

Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


theGreatDisapointment wrote:


Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

King Arthur


King Arthur never existed. I believe that he is actually several people mixed together, but I may be wrong.

I'd say Gilgamesh if you believe the information about him in the Epic of Gilgamesh


You say King Arthur never existed. Yet you didn't have anything to remark about the existence of Jesus?


The difference between them is that there is very little information about the 5th and 6th century England and the only historian alive at the time didn't mention Arthur at all. There is very little evidence to suggest that he existed, and most information on him are myths and legends. Whereas there is a whole religion devoted to Jesus and they all believe he existed and everyone believed in the Bible for a long time back in Europe. However, there is a lot of evidence to show that Jesus didn't exist either. There were around 30 historians in the 1st century in that area and not a single one of them mentioned Jesus or his disciples. Really there is more evidence to show that King Arthur existed than Jesus, but there is still very little and you can't say its a fact that either of them existed.

However, there is evidence that Gilgamesh existed


But then there is the issue concering the actual "power" of Gilgamesh. A demi-god? Not likely.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.