First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Who is the most powerful person that ever lived?!? Jesus?
45202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Wu wei
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Rupert Murdoch
42693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hinamizawa
Online
Posted 8/8/13

theGreatDisapointment wrote:


Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


theGreatDisapointment wrote:


Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

King Arthur


King Arthur never existed. I believe that he is actually several people mixed together, but I may be wrong.

I'd say Gilgamesh if you believe the information about him in the Epic of Gilgamesh


You say King Arthur never existed. Yet you didn't have anything to remark about the existence of Jesus?


The difference between them is that there is very little information about the 5th and 6th century England and the only historian alive at the time didn't mention Arthur at all. There is very little evidence to suggest that he existed, and most information on him are myths and legends. Whereas there is a whole religion devoted to Jesus and they all believe he existed and everyone believed in the Bible for a long time back in Europe. However, there is a lot of evidence to show that Jesus didn't exist either. There were around 30 historians in the 1st century in that area and not a single one of them mentioned Jesus or his disciples. Really there is more evidence to show that King Arthur existed than Jesus, but there is still very little and you can't say its a fact that either of them existed.

However, there is evidence that Gilgamesh existed


But then there is the issue concering the actual "power" of Gilgamesh. A demi-god? Not likely.


lol thats true but he still ruled for supposedly 127 years or so and had a lot of power
Posted 8/8/13
Enoch
Sogno- 
45646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
i immediately thought of all people who've been leaders of countries but i gotta agree with OP
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
The universe, Jesus is a small fry if we compare him with the universe.
26372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Most powerful today would be the President of the US. Don't flip out and say it's not true and get butthurt about it, cuz it's true. Whether it's Obama or if another pres took over.
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13

Doomedfox wrote:


Rena-Ryuuguu wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

King Arthur


King Arthur never existed. I believe that he is actually several people mixed together, but I may be wrong.

I'd say Gilgamesh if you believe the information about him in the Epic of Gilgamesh


Well Jesus might not have existed either its not like anyone can prove it so King Arthur is as good of an answer as Jesus is.
The most powerful persons were always the ones in the background the ones no one knew about but with all the string in their hands so that would be my answer.

edit: Emperor Augustus made Christianity to the state religion which prolly is the only reason it ever got as big as it is today.


Jesus did exist, that's why the Israeli/Islam or whatever they're called never question his existence but they don't believe he is God or the son of God, they think he was another prophet like Mohammed...who also existed and is seeing like the second most powerful after God just because he proclaimed to have spoken with God or was a messenger from God.

I say, after Jesus Christ, of course...because we have to admit that the WHOLE WORLD knows about the Bible even if some people follow other religions or none at all AND this book controls the lives and minds of MANY people, if not the whole world...one of the most powerful people ever lived was Mother Teresa...she did a lot of good and helped many people. (I don't want to mention those who used their power to killed and torture people).
38825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/8/13


Stole my answer.
In a Jesus x Son Goku deathmatch, I know who would win.
23938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
if all these people are saying jesus im surprised no one has said Siddartha Gautama. i think with Buddhism having the effect on the Eastern world that it did, he would definitely be up there on the list. in terms of power without regard for whether it is positive or not, id definitely say the current president of The Peoples Republic of China is definitely up there. I can understand the argument for Obama as well, but i just dont think his presidency alone is really enough to say hes the most powerful man that ever lived. maybe my opinion is skewed because i dont particularly like him.
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 8/8/13 , edited 8/8/13

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:



Ah right. Thanks for that article link as well!

If u are going to look at one side of the issue that's against the existence of Jesus, u should also look at the other side that supports it as well: http://www.catholic.com/blog/trent-horn/four-reasons-i-think-jesus-really-existed <-- the #2 reasoning I think was one of the best ones and to me would support the strong belief that people at the time already believed he was real.
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 8/8/13

suikojay wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:



Ah right. Thanks for that article link as well!

If u are going to look at one side of the issue that's against the existence of Jesus, u should also look at the other side that supports it as well: http://www.catholic.com/blog/trent-horn/four-reasons-i-think-jesus-really-existed <-- the #2 reasoning I think was one of the best ones and to me would support the strong belief that people at the time already believed he was real.


And I thank you for that link as well .
34498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Isaac Newton.
15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/8/13

In order to list the seven most powerful people in history, it is necessary to define the term “power.” I use it here in the sense of a vision of the future coupled with a capacity to bring it about. Vision without power is an intellectual exercise. Power without vision often turns on itself. For this reason, I have excluded religious figures whose power is spiritual, not military. With these qualifications, here is my list.

Henry A. Kissinger was U.S. Secretary of State from 1973 to 1977 and the winner of the 1973 Nobel Peace Prize.

Top 7

my personal preference would be Bruce Lee

6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Charles Darwin.
His name always comes up with religion and stuff.
9730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/8/13
Alexander III of Macedon, more commonly known as Alexander the Great.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.