First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Taiseng Update and App
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
I already stopped credit card payment for month of August.. But my service suck so bad during month of July.. Wanted to cancel account in July already. But can't get into website or talk to anyone how to cancel..
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/25/13
mytv.umgtv.com is not working again and I'm being charged again...what is going on?
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

Bjaker wrote:



MyTV.TaiSeng has recently undergone some major changes. These include the move to MyTV.UMG, and the transition of iOS access as well as content.

Crunchyroll, which hosts content and offers support for users, is currently in negotiations with MyTV.UMG.

I do not have a concrete date on when iOS access will be available, or when new content will be uploaded again.

At this time, if you would prefer to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for your most recent monthly payment, please let me know by reaching out with the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Baker McDonald
Customer Support Manager
Crunchyroll, Inc.


I take it the site is no longer active, and I guess the shutdown of this site is the reason why Dramafever has 3 of the TVB dramas and probably more to come.

Engineer
87995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/1/14

mdo7 wrote:

I take it the site is no longer active, and I guess the shutdown of this site is the reason why Dramafever has 3 of the TVB dramas and probably more to come.



Yes, the Taiseng site is dead for reasons beyond our control.

Though Dramafever is not the only ones doing TVB content.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvb.android
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tvb-americas/id847951592?mt=8
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 5/1/14

BasouKazuma wrote:


mdo7 wrote:

I take it the site is no longer active, and I guess the shutdown of this site is the reason why Dramafever has 3 of the TVB dramas and probably more to come.



Yes, the Taiseng site is dead for reasons beyond our control.

Though Dramafever is not the only ones doing TVB content.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvb.android
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tvb-americas/id847951592?mt=8


Yeah I have this app on Android, but the problem is none of the show is playing back on my Android phone, and I watch one of the variety show on there, no English sub from what I've seen/observe.

Engineer
87995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/1/14
Weird, works for me. Though the intended audience are native speakers just as the old taiseng site was. So English subs will likely be something that comes much later.
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 5/2/14 , edited 5/3/14

BasouKazuma wrote:

Weird, works for me. Though the intended audience are native speakers just as the old taiseng site was. So English subs will likely be something that comes much later.


Well it's not working for me. Just to let you know, my phone is a HTC Vivid, and my Android version is 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (if that help)

EDIT: Just updated the app from the Google Play, the video are working perfectly now, no more issue with playback.

But for now, I'm watching my TVB dramas on Dramafever until the TVB Americas app has English subs, and I expect more to come. What would really help TVB is creating a global TV channel similar to KBS World and Arirang TV, both from South Korea. TVB should make TVB World with dramas and variety shows subtitled for global audiences. I like to add that both KBS World and Arirang TV have their own Youtube pages where people can watch shows from South Korea and in subtitled. KBS World upload their TV dramas, variety shows, and music shows on their Youtube channel.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.