First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
highschool sweethearts in anime is it relatable to real high school sweethearts?
8766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / georgia, usa
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
i dont think it happens as often as we like to believe it could :p it is something very sweet and romantic though, the thought that the one you love most was right by your side all your life im a sucker for it :p

i suppose you can say i married...well he wasnt really my high school sweet heart :p lol more like my summer fling. i got together with my husband the last week of high school before i was going to graduate and really i only did it in the beginning thinking "well my friends are all going to be busy all summer since they are all a year below me so they still have school come fall and they have been kinda ignoring me lately so i'll date this guy and if nothing else i'll at least be in good company and have some one to go hang out with"
i mean literally i had no expectations for it to be a lasting relationship :p lol but here we are married for 9 years now :p sometimes life gives you pleasant surprises
49408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 8/16/13 , edited 8/16/13
It definitely happens in real life too.


But not at the same frequency as college sweethearts.




Unfortunately, I've never had a high school sweetheart or a college one, or a kindergarten one. My love life is so... dry.

And, I've never had a male hit on me, only females have a crush on me...
Posted 8/16/13
No, it's never that perfect.
4483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ICQ: 114629959
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

Arielgirl375 wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

Absolutely. I have spent my entire young life trying to get Senpai to notice me.


i detect sarcasm...


Dah fuuuck... you got a real sarcasm detector.. a very useful invention *detector blows up*
22980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 8/16/13 , edited 8/16/13
It's happens, it's just uncommon

It has grown less common since the 50's

I used to know these old folk that were high school sweethearts and got married after high school and lived happily till their end. Their end was unique. She died first and then he died a directly a week after at the exact same hour.

oh yeah, it get's even crazier, during the memorial, they were seen attending in the church sitting side by side. So they were together even in the afterlife apparently
47672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/16/13


just because it didnt happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen often.
My brother married his high school sweetheart but we don't live in japan
I don't think it will happen to me though, I'm not very lucky, plus I'm not trying to get a girl
47672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/16/13


must be hard to be attracted to the same sex.
I'm not saying this in a mean way. It just must be harder to find true love
although I wouldn't know, I'm just assuming
49408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 8/16/13

stoner789 wrote:



must be hard to be attracted to the same sex.
I'm not saying this in a mean way. It just must be harder to find true love
although I wouldn't know, I'm just assuming


It is hard, although I wouldn't blame it on my sexuality alone; my personality also affects my chances. Being an introvert is hard when it comes to this sort of thing.
47672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/16/13




Im shy but im being an introvert must be hard, I just looked it up, cause i wasnt sure what it was
Sogno- 
26034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/16/13
it does happen sometimes (I've known a few), but not usually. I wouldn't say it is relatable.

really most things in anime are not relatable to real life at all lol that is why we like it so much
49408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 8/16/13 , edited 8/16/13

stoner789 wrote:

Im shy but im being an introvert must be hard, I just looked it up, cause i wasnt sure what it was



Introverts can be shy. But basically, we're just not sociable people, we prefer silence as opposed to constant conversations.



Extroverts can be shy as well. If you prefer having conversations, then you're an extrovert.
47672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


stoner789 wrote:

Im shy but im being an introvert must be hard, I just looked it up, cause i wasnt sure what it was



Introverts can be shy. But basically, we're just not sociable people, we prefer silence as opposed to constant conversations.



Extroverts can be shy as well. If you prefer having conversations, then you're an extrovert.


I'd say im introvert then
I never knew these terms xD
I'm not good at conversing face to face and I don't really like to
93040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Pennsylvania
Online
Posted 8/16/13
hahaha no, you date till you're out of highschool some couples stay together. "i love you so much" blah blah blah usually that love changes as soon as they see someone better, or they just get bored and cheat. now im not saying thats 100% but unless you're really in love i cant see someone being together for more then 5 years without cheating once or twice.
2833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

ariesfireangel wrote:

i dont think it happens as often as we like to believe it could :p it is something very sweet and romantic though, the thought that the one you love most was right by your side all your life im a sucker for it :p

i suppose you can say i married...well he wasnt really my high school sweet heart :p lol more like my summer fling. i got together with my husband the last week of high school before i was going to graduate and really i only did it in the beginning thinking "well my friends are all going to be busy all summer since they are all a year below me so they still have school come fall and they have been kinda ignoring me lately so i'll date this guy and if nothing else i'll at least be in good company and have some one to go hang out with"
i mean literally i had no expectations for it to be a lasting relationship :p lol but here we are married for 9 years now :p sometimes life gives you pleasant surprises :)


ohh my God! that sounds sooo romantic. I want one!
2833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

pandrasb wrote:

It's happens, it's just uncommon

It has grown less common since the 50's

I used to know these old folk that were high school sweethearts and got married after high school and lived happily till their end. Their end was unique. She died first and then he died a directly a week after at the exact same hour.

oh yeah, it get's even crazier, during the memorial, they were seen attending in the church sitting side by side. So they were together even in the afterlife apparently


Sounds like the Notebook.... except for the dead being seen in church that part sounds even more romantic than the notebook. I would totally freak the flip out if i saw that!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.