First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Pokemon: The Origin Discussion
14518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Coventry, UK
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13
AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME.

But, oh, god - here begins the Blue/Green name argument all over again... He's wearing a green colour scheme and everything. That's gonna make the 'Blue' localisation even easier to argue with
13631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
no offense but how long are they going to keep beating this horse before they finally let it lie? I watched Pokémon at least 8-10 years ago and while it was entertaining I can't for the life of me see why they keep dragging it along with increasingly fantastical aspects that in some ways ruin the fun simplicity of the initial release. I do realize that it's supposed to be a episodic fantasy adventure show for 8-16yr olds but given some of the much more story and character driven shows available it seems the continuously rehashing the same formulae instead of branching into new territory is as bad as the ineptitude of most Western television and movies as of late. Sorry didn't mean to soapbox and I am happy for the fans that are excited to see the Pokémon world re-envisioned, I'm just worried that stagnation stifles creativity in a entertainment genre where whatever the author envisions can be made real.
12172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13

sjgriffiths wrote:

AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME.

But, oh, god - here begins the Blue/Green name argument all over again... He's wearing a green colour scheme and everything. That's gonna make the 'Blue' localisation even easier to argue with


I wouldn't be surprised if they just changed his jacket to blue and called him Blue in the English edit, assuming they make one.


Seabound117 wrote:

no offense but how long are they going to keep beating this horse before they finally let it lie? I watched Pokémon at least 8-10 years ago and while it was entertaining I can't for the life of me see why they keep dragging it along with increasingly fantastical aspects that in some ways ruin the fun simplicity of the initial release. I do realize that it's supposed to be a episodic fantasy adventure show for 8-16yr olds but given some of the much more story and character driven shows available it seems the continuously rehashing the same formulae instead of branching into new territory is as bad as the ineptitude of most Western television and movies as of late. Sorry didn't mean to soapbox and I am happy for the fans that are excited to see the Pokémon world re-envisioned, I'm just worried that stagnation stifles creativity in a entertainment genre where whatever the author envisions can be made real.


Pokemon is something every generation deserves to enjoy. Playing, sharing, battling, things not a lot of other franchises successfully pull off. I'll agree the Anime is stale, and although I completely disagree with the "Pokemon should grow up with it's audience." argument, I do think that the Anime needs to stop babying every who watches it.

I just hope that at the very least this game adaptation isn't going to be targeted at 9 year old's, who they assume are too stupid to not be babied through it.
46588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 8/17/13


that would be cool if he looked like that
It wil only be the hundredth time! I should re-watch the old Pokemon and check out all the new ones
was one of my favorite childhood shows
theres gotta be like 1000's of episodes by now, isn't there lol
I remember someone in a forum, it was of the the strongest anime character, it said something about Pokemon cause it's lasted the longest in like anime history lol
I mean even my computer autocorrects pokemon to Pokemon with an uppercase
1995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
Yes, Yes, Yes, OH GOD YES!!! Pokemon needed to do this for soo long!!! Ash was getting old but I'm glad they are still keeping him in the show and doing this as a separate show!

If they are doing this with Red, then I hope they do it with Gold, Brendan, Lucas etc. After too! I think I may have just fallen in love with pokemon as an anime again!
22972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
Sure, I'll watch this. I was a big Pokemon fan back during the initial craze. Watching that first seasons broadcast while playing my brand new copy of Pokemon blue on my old gray brick Gameboy were some great times back in 1998-1999.

I lost interest in the series after Johto though, too many new pokemon to keep track of. Breeding and personalities got a little too convoluted for me as well. I just wanted to catch them and fight them So I quit after Silver/Gold. Though I did buy copies of Leaf Green/Fire Red after they came out for GBA. Good times. I also quit watching the anime about the same time, got kind of tired of Ash losing tournaments and abandoning his best Pokemon for no good reason, usually right after they would evolve!
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally the true story is being animated!!!!
16439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

FumblesRX78 wrote:

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally the true story is being animated!!!!


It's not the manga being animated, it's the story of the games Fire Red and Leaf Green being animated
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

Dempseyrolled wrote:


FumblesRX78 wrote:

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally the true story is being animated!!!!


It's not the manga being animated, it's the story of the games Fire Red and Leaf Green being animated


Thanks for clearing that up...
I'm still excited though!
1995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

what happened to misty?


If this story follows the games she should be the 2nd Gym Leader at Cerulean City!
6278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
This looks like it has a lot of Promise. Probably will be the best thing since the Johto League.
16820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
Well the first episode was pretty good. Haven't watch the other 3 yet.
8661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
watched the first episode and i gotta say it was pretty shit imo

i mean come on not sure im gonna be able to watch the rest red was pretty fucking stupid

and theres this

13622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest
Offline
Posted 10/6/13
I actually enjoyed it, watched all 4 episodes. He was pretty dumb in the first episode but that's how it is when you have no experience with Pokemon and you just start out I'm sure they did that on purpose. That Charmander vs Squirtle battle was pretty brutal lol. I thought the action was pretty awesome compared to how the series usually is and I like nostalgic feel I get since they are following it like the game.
31262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 10/6/13 , edited 10/6/13
Really liked these 4 episodes, easily the best Pokemon anime in my opinion. Really wished they did more than 4 episodes though since they had to skip over so much. Would have really made a great 12 episode series. Also I now want my own Charmander more than ever.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.