First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you good at any instruments?
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
I've always really loved music, especially instrumental stuff. I really enjoy video game background music (specifically the Assassin's Creed soundtracks). Instruments have always really interested me, and music has become a huge passion of mine.

I think it's absolutely amazing if you play an instrument, regardless of skill level. Even if you can only play basic sheet music, that's still pretty cool. So I'm wondering, are any of you guys good at any instruments? What are some of your favorite instruments? I personally love the piano along with the violin. They make beautiful sounds, especially when paired together

fun fact; last year i signed up for my school's piano class, but i had to quit because my hands were too small to play an octave
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Iowa
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
I played the flute from 5th grade to freshmen year of college, the teacher wanted me to learn saxophone but my hands were too small lol.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
I have small hands but I play the sax. I've played it since 6th grade and it's really fun to play actually :3
I'm in Advanced band, but I'm a middle school student, so I don't think that's really all that honorable. XD
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

taylormicrowave wrote:

I have small hands but I play the sax. I've played it since 6th grade and it's really fun to play actually :3
I'm in Advanced band, but I'm a middle school student, so I don't think that's really all that honorable. XD


no that's actually pretty cool, the band in my middle school was pretty good so i'm sure yours is too! I really love school bands to be honest, i find them cool idk i have my own little respect for them. I myself am a choir kid rather than band though.
10244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
Guitar for 4 years
Piano for 6 years
Bass for 2 years
Drumline since 5th grade
Band drums since 8th grade
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/16/13

edge1143 wrote:

Guitar for 4 years
Piano for 6 years
Bass for 2 years
Drumline since 5th grade
Band drums since 8th grade


i'm jealous
13005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Montana
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
I've been playing guitar for about 6 years and I also do a little drumming when I can find a kit. Although recently my focus has shifted to making electronic stuff . I really want to learn to play the violin because I think it sounds awesome!
8161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
Yea I played the trombone for three years
14130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Granite Bay, CA
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
I played guitar from the age of 10-16 but stopped after suddenly loosing interest in it. Then I got into using DAW's (Digital audio workstations) like FL Studio to learn how to produce EDM (Electronic dance music.) I've been doing that for about 2 years now and just recently started to learn piano over the summer. I'm not learning basic fundamentals like how to read sheet music or anything, and am instead just using synthesia/youtube to learn the songs I wanna play.

And I also have trouble with stretching out my hands. I can only go 1 note past an octave before it becomes uncomfortable XD
Oh,and do you currently play any instruments? You mentioned you had trouble with the piano but have you tried anything else?
41919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
I can sing, a little.


Songs that are easy for me to sing are:
- Snow patrol's chasing cars
- The Fray's how to save a life
- Extreme's More Than Words



Songs that are difficult for me to sing in the original key:
- Faith Hill's Breathe
- Jason Mraz's I'm Yours
- Christina Perri's A thousand years
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

IB_Otaku wrote:

I played guitar from the age of 10-16 but stopped after suddenly loosing interest in it. Then I got into using DAW's (Digital audio workstations) like FL Studio to learn how to produce EDM (Electronic dance music.) I've been doing that for about 2 years now and just recently started to learn piano over the summer. I'm not learning basic fundamentals like how to read sheet music or anything, and am instead just using synthesia/youtube to learn the songs I wanna play.

And I also have trouble with stretching out my hands. I can only go 1 note past an octave before it becomes uncomfortable XD
Oh,and do you currently play any instruments? You mentioned you had trouble with the piano but have you tried anything else?


not yet, i've always really wanted to try guitar but i need to save up the money to buy one. also the ukulele, they're so cute omg. i'd quite honestly love to be able to play all of them
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

I can sing, a little.


Songs that are easy for me to sing are:
- Snow patrol's chasing cars
- The Fray's how to save a life
- Extreme's More Than Words



Songs that are difficult for me to sing in the original key:
- Faith Hill's Breathe
- Jason Mraz's I'm Yours
- Christina Perri's A thousand years


I consider a singing voice an instrument, i don't care if it's not technically
Doing vocal warm ups every day/other day really help expand your range, i've been doing choir since elementary school and my voice has really grown and gotten more professional due to the practices and such, so i'm sure if you look into it enough you'll be able to sing whatever you like!
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13
been playing alto sax and guitar for 5 years and ive loved every second of it, i play for all three of my schools bands with both instruments (jazz and concert music) but on my spare time i just like to play metal since its my favorite genre =p ... i have odd tastes in music haha
13995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13
I play guitar. Check out my music at

If you take a listen. It is metal so you may not like it.
https://soundcloud.com/furyof/able-abyss-creation-final

Sorry if the audio crackles a bit on your headphones. I don't know why that happened.

https://soundcloud.com/furyof/able-abyss-creation
is version without the crackle.

But yea I play guitar. I am always trying to improve on guitar. It sucks though because I don't have a teacher or any way to really learn guitar. I am my own teacher really. If you want to play an instrument Stockingsan do it now. Start now. The younger the better.

I know you said you had to quit because of your small hands. You should find a way around that.
9238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

furytime wrote:

I play guitar. Check out my music at

If you take a listen. It is metal so you may not like it.
https://soundcloud.com/furyof/able-abyss-creation-final

Sorry if the audio crackles a bit on your headphones. I don't know why that happened.

https://soundcloud.com/furyof/able-abyss-creation
is version without the crackle.

But yea I play guitar. I am always trying to improve on guitar. It sucks though because I don't have a teacher or any way to really learn guitar. I am my own teacher really. If you want to play an instrument Stockingsan do it now. Start now. The younger the better.

I know you said you had to quit because of your small hands. You should find a way around that.


wow, this is actually really good. a long while ago i was really into metal, so comparing this to the stuff i used to like, it's really good! keep it up, you're doing great, don't doubt yourself :)

and you're right, i should really start now while i still can, thank you for the advice


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.