First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Jesus, His Impact
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, Tx
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
Number 5 would be a bit more believable if it was about gang violence instead of the right to bear arms.
19670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
don't really see what jesus has got to do with this?
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

@ these ignorants tryna dismiss the fact
that Jesus set the Crucifixion trend.

I mean....



15466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
His impact? Did he hurtle to the planet like a meteor?
Plena 
12363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
I think the message is that the children are the ones bearing the weight of the crimes. No need to bring religion into this, even though it serves as a reference.

Bottom right is stupid though. I give McDonalds (among other fast food chains) a big thumbs up for providing easy access to delicious food! Let's all throw our support for fast food out there!
Phersu 
34735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Existence.
Online
Posted 8/17/13

Plena wrote:

I think the message is that the children are the ones bearing the weight of the crimes. No need to bring religion into this, even though it serves as a reference.

Bottom right is stupid though. I give McDonalds (among other fast food chains) a big thumbs up for providing easy access to delicious food! Let's all throw our support for fast food out there!


Let's be honest. McDonald's fries have kind of slipped in quality over the years.

You know....Jesus was crucified, but why does everyone link crucifixion with Jesus? Other people were crucified. Probably some earlier than Jesus. Why can't this just be about crucifixion? I mean, it is an extremely painful and torturous way to die. True, since if you're a Christian like me you believe Jesus is the son of God, so yeah. But what about the people who don't believe in Jesus and God?
121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Lehigh Valley
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13

Sogno- wrote:
well it wasn't obvious to me and I was racking my brain to figure it out, so thank you for simplifying that for us less intelligent ones. I still don't quite understand what Jesus's impact has to do with it other than the visualization of the cross though.





Yikes!

I'm sure you're a very intelligent person.
No need to take it all personal.

The photographs aren't depicting Jesus, they're depicting his crucifixion.

The title of this thread is a bit misleading as these pictures don't have anything to do with Jesus' impact on anything.
69682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
I don't get it.
22025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
considering the lack of references to jesus at the time of his existence by... well anyone... (besides the alleged authors of a book with no known copies set later than 200 years after he was alleged to exist)... well it's highly probably that he never actually existed. so he really couldn't have been an influence.
8766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / georgia, usa
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

Oldthrashbar wrote:

The fast food company one is bullshit. If you don't want to get fat. Don't eat there everyday for every single fucking meal. We Americans are too quick to blame our problems on other shit. Like slipping on ice in front of a building and breaking our stupid asshole then suing the place for 400 trillion dollars. When everyone including you knows you're just a stupid asshole. Like the fattest woman in the world. She blames weighing literally almost a ton on having a "bad metabolism" yet she sits there right after eating 16 burritos and 3 cakes.


pretty much said it all right there we are a nation of people who likes to point the finger every where but at ourselves when it comes to the subject of obesity. why feel like crap about the bad choices you made when you can just say well if mcdonalds didn't over such big servings id be so much healthier. no one put a gun to any ones head and said "dont you dare order that salad or a grilled chicken sandwich. its double big macs and extra large fries for you only tubbie. and dont you even think about hitting up a gym after this you need to go right home and sit on your butt for the rest of the day."
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

Phersu wrote:

True, since if you're a Christian like me you believe Jesus is the son of God, so yeah. But what about the people who don't believe in Jesus and God?





DKanonji wrote:

The title of this thread is a bit misleading as these pictures don't have anything to do with Jesus' impact on anything.


Jesus is GLOBAL. Even the Muslims and "atheists" know of HA.
How about the other gorls who were apparently crucified?
Nope I don't know them.

Jesus >




deadverse wrote:

considering the lack of references to jesus at the time of his existence by... well anyone... (besides the alleged authors of a book with no known copies set later than 200 years after he was alleged to exist)... well it's highly probably that he never actually existed. so he really couldn't have been an influence.





He may or may not have existed but his influence is undeniable
if 7 million people still talk about him today.

Try again, little kid.


22025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/13 , edited 8/17/13
you should really stop centering what you've typed, and keep the the font down to a reasonable level, also, you're 5 years younger than i am.

though i should digress, Jesus did have a major impact, though no larger than any other prophet of any other major religion. thankfully that impact is declining. to many people paraphrasing and picking an choosing which statements should be followed and which statements should be ignored.
religion is the bane of the modern world, which is exactly what this artist is trying to show.

also, jesus is not global, there are many untouched civilizations that refuse contact off the coasts of sri lanka and in the amazon, i can assure you they haven't heard of jesus. which is pretty awesome!
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

deadverse wrote:

also, jesus is not global, there are many untouched civilizations that refuse contact off the coasts of sri lanka and in the amazon, i can assure you they haven't heard of jesus. which is pretty awesome!



Un-center my posts? How about a, NO.
And you should learn how to use the "quote" button.

So you're from Sri Lanka? How's it going over there?
That sounds like a made-up country tbh.



12624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 8/17/13
chrome, you should have just included the last picture since that's all anyone is talking about....talk about lack of a different opinion.

Oldthrashbar wrote:

Like slipping on ice in front of a building and breaking our stupid asshole then suing the place for 400 trillion dollars. When everyone including you knows you're just a stupid asshole.
It's called negligence. Bet if you had to walk through a skating rink every time you go to work you'd wish your stupid asshole neighbor would have shoveled their dam side walk.
22704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 8/17/13

chrome_mist wrote:


deadverse wrote:

also, jesus is not global, there are many untouched civilizations that refuse contact off the coasts of sri lanka and in the amazon, i can assure you they haven't heard of jesus. which is pretty awesome!



Un-center my posts? How about a, NO.
And you should learn how to use the "quote" button.

So you're from Sri Lanka? How's it going over there?
That sounds like a made-up country tbh.



Even I know Sri Lanka exist and I'm an idiot
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.