Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply What anime left you feeling like crap?
12637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / san jose, Ca
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
school days and haganai. one anime feel bad the people who been cheated on. and the other is pissed off feeling when an anime ends in a crappy way.
12033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Clannad: AS is the obvious one. Left me feeling depressed for days.
4268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

ValkyriaHearts wrote:

I watched Fate/Zero, and just wasn't interested in watching the rest of the series(i did finish Fate/Zero though).
And I'm speaking in general statements because I don't wanna spoil anything, don't know how to the whole spoiler warning thingy people do with their posts and because I assume the person I'm responding has watched that anime and remembers it well enough to know what I mean.
If I was to say something(and I am), it surprises me that someone with an avatar and signature like yours would need specifics to begin with.
If you truly do, check the wikis, or watch Fate/Zero again with a microscope since the glasses don't seem to fit.
Shit like implied rape, literally smiling as you're being blown to smitherines, a series of condescending(male) characters reminding our one and only female heroine(like saying nothing at all...) how incompetent and misguided this "little girl" is, a few other sets of women who exist only to aid our male hero on their quest before they meet their own unsightly but oddly cinematic and convienent deaths that serve(coincidentally) to further our bitter (male) heroes ridiculously shadow persona and raise stakes in a plot that does nothing more to offer us a fully fledged WOMAN, that doesn’t exist solely for the character development of a male character and isn't, literally portrayed as an uncertain, incapable "little girl" the entire show.
I finished watching this series a little over a week ago, the shit still smells.
@ndalum75


I have no idea of where to even begin with you.

7269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Online
Posted 9/7/13

TRUExSh0t wrote:

school days and haganai. one anime feel bad the people who been cheated on. and the other is pissed off feeling when an anime ends in a crappy way.


Haganai I hope you know doesn't end like that. Expect atleast some closure
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Memphis,TN
Online
Posted 9/7/13
Gantz
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
You're cherry picking your argument buddy. Have no answer or defense for everything else I mentioned?
And Saber? Saber?
Doesn't matter whether she suceeds or not, her character was portrayed as incompetent and bitter, and she was talked down to by every character(all males btw) in show basically. She was powerful but not sure of herself, capable in battle but incompetent in every other aspect of life. She didn't have depth in terms who she was as a character when compared to Rider, or almost every other character in the show.
Can you remember the names of ANY of the female characters in the show besides Saber?
Saying Fate/Zero panders to a demographic isn't unfair to anyone but the demographic it's intended for.
Point is that all women in the show are created as a nothing more than a symbol of being fragile, needing to be protected(emotionally and physically in everyone's case but Sabers).
Fate/Zero is intended to pander to you and all the male anime watchers of the world.
Kinda like how the black guy always dies first in alot of movies, or all the characters in video games are 90% male.
You don't notice that shit because you don't have to.
Twilight is for chicks.
Fate/Zero is for otaku dudes like you and me.
First death scene was ok.
Second was ooook....
Third was are you kidding me?
Fourth was "this shit is sexist in the worst way, and most people who watch this show won't even know or care to notice it".
Wtv dude, the sexism is obvious and blatant to anyone without a dick, or someone who reads as much as I do.
Sexist anime is sexist.
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/13 , edited 9/7/13

Angerudusto wrote:


ValkyriaHearts wrote:

I watched Fate/Zero, and just wasn't interested in watching the rest of the series(i did finish Fate/Zero though).
And I'm speaking in general statements because I don't wanna spoil anything, don't know how to the whole spoiler warning thingy people do with their posts and because I assume the person I'm responding has watched that anime and remembers it well enough to know what I mean.
If I was to say something(and I am), it surprises me that someone with an avatar and signature like yours would need specifics to begin with.
If you truly do, check the wikis, or watch Fate/Zero again with a microscope since the glasses don't seem to fit.
Shit like implied rape, literally smiling as you're being blown to smitherines, a series of condescending(male) characters reminding our one and only female heroine(like saying nothing at all...) how incompetent and misguided this "little girl" is, a few other sets of women who exist only to aid our male hero on their quest before they meet their own unsightly but oddly cinematic and convienent deaths that serve(coincidentally) to further our bitter (male) heroes ridiculously shadow persona and raise stakes in a plot that does nothing more to offer us a fully fledged WOMAN, that doesn’t exist solely for the character development of a male character and isn't, literally portrayed as an uncertain, incapable "little girl" the entire show.
I finished watching this series a little over a week ago, the shit still smells.
@ndalum75


I have no idea of where to even begin with you.



Replied to your post above....
4268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

ValkyriaHearts wrote:

You're cherry picking your argument buddy. Have no answer or defense for everything else I mentioned?
And Saber? Saber?
Doesn't matter whether she suceeds or not, her character was portrayed as incompetent and bitter, and she was talked down to by every character(all males btw) in show basically. She was powerful but not sure of herself, capable in battle but incompetent in every other aspect of life. She didn't have depth in terms who she was as a character when compared to Rider, or almost every other character in the show.
Can you remember the names of ANY of the female characters in the show besides Saber?
Saying Fate/Zero panders to a demographic isn't unfair to anyone but the demographic it's intended for.
Point is that all women in the show are created as a nothing more than a symbol of being fragile, needing to be protected(emotionally and physically in everyone's case but Sabers).
Fate/Zero is intended to pander to you and all the male anime watchers of the world.
Kinda like how the black guy always dies first in alot of movies, or all the characters in video games are 90% male.
You don't notice that shit because you don't have to.
Twilight is for chicks.
Fate/Zero is for otaku dudes like you and me.
First death scene was ok.
Second was ooook....
Third was are you kidding me?
Fourth was "this shit is sexist in the worst way, and most people who watch this show won't even know or care to notice it".
Wtv dude, the sexism is obvious and blatant to anyone without a dick, or someone who reads as much as I do.
Sexist anime is sexist.


Well, clearly this form of medium is far too offensive for your tastes. You should instead listen to your refrigerator, the most inoffensive form of entertainment known to man. Also, are you implying that you read more than I do? Bad idea, commie."I don't notice it because I don't have to" you only notice it because you're a whiner. Don't ever claim you're smarter than me, you inbred slime ball. I know people that are smarter than me, I go to school with people that are smarter than me, and I am friends with people that are smarter than me. You do not in any way, shape, or form resemble those people. It's because of mongoloid nanny-staters like yourself that I'm not allowed to enjoy anything you people (and I use the term "people" very lightly) label "offensive". So take your white, middle class, petty communist ideals and shove them into your refrigerator along with your head so that the rest of humanity does not have to suffer breathing the same oxygen as you.

So I'm cherry picking your argument? Why would I need to address your "argument" when your words are like the idle blowing of the wind? Illyasviel Einzbern, by the way. I didn't even like Fate/zero all that much, but saying that it's sexist is only something that a member of the Tipper Gore club would say. Take your propaganda elsewhere. It's not wanted here.
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 9/7/13

Angerudusto wrote:


ValkyriaHearts wrote:

You're cherry picking your argument buddy. Have no answer or defense for everything else I mentioned?
And Saber? Saber?
Doesn't matter whether she suceeds or not, her character was portrayed as incompetent and bitter, and she was talked down to by every character(all males btw) in show basically. She was powerful but not sure of herself, capable in battle but incompetent in every other aspect of life. She didn't have depth in terms who she was as a character when compared to Rider, or almost every other character in the show.
Can you remember the names of ANY of the female characters in the show besides Saber?
Saying Fate/Zero panders to a demographic isn't unfair to anyone but the demographic it's intended for.
Point is that all women in the show are created as a nothing more than a symbol of being fragile, needing to be protected(emotionally and physically in everyone's case but Sabers).
Fate/Zero is intended to pander to you and all the male anime watchers of the world.
Kinda like how the black guy always dies first in alot of movies, or all the characters in video games are 90% male.
You don't notice that shit because you don't have to.
Twilight is for chicks.
Fate/Zero is for otaku dudes like you and me.
First death scene was ok.
Second was ooook....
Third was are you kidding me?
Fourth was "this shit is sexist in the worst way, and most people who watch this show won't even know or care to notice it".
Wtv dude, the sexism is obvious and blatant to anyone without a dick, or someone who reads as much as I do.
Sexist anime is sexist.


Well, clearly this form of medium is far too offensive for your tastes. You should instead listen to your refrigerator, the most inoffensive form of entertainment known to man. Also, are you implying that you read more than I do? Bad idea, commie."I don't notice it because I don't have to" you only notice it because you're a whiner. Don't ever claim you're smarter than me, you inbred slime ball. I know people that are smarter than me, I go to school with people that are smarter than me, and I am friends with people that are smarter than me. You do not in any way, shape, or form resemble those people. It's because of mongoloid nanny-staters like yourself that I'm not allowed to enjoy anything you people (and I use the term "people" very lightly) label "offensive". So take your white, middle class, petty communist ideals and shove them into your refrigerator along with your head so that the rest of humanity does not have to suffer breathing the same oxygen as you.

So I'm cherry picking your argument? Why would I need to address your "argument" when your words are like the idle blowing of the wind? Illyasviel Einzbern, by the way. I didn't even like Fate/zero all that much, but saying that it's sexist is only something that a member of the Tipper Gore club would say. Take your propaganda elsewhere. It's not wanted here.




Way to reply in way that asserts your intelligence and intellect.
Attack my character instead of my argument.
Meanwhile, in the land of people who don’t care for your ego, absolutely zero shits were given.
If you read, then you should be able to atleast consider the other side of your gloriously enlightened rainbow.
I never said I was smarter than anyone, I never told you I cared for your internet bravado.
And you know what? Maybe this genre of anime is too much for me, which is why I didn't nor will I watch the rest of the series.
I acknowledge that I'm wrong.
In between all the panty shots, boobs and fan service, I'm sure this medium is incapable of sexism. It's incapable of telling a shitty story or having shitty character development and a seriously shitty representation of women.
My bad.
Sometimes I forget this is the internet and that I'm not supposed to care.
Have a nice day smart ass.
Beware of any propaganda that's not afraid to criticize your beloved hobby.

Btw, took me 2 seconds to google that reference.
Haha.
Internet smart guy thinks he's smart.....
Sogno- 
16626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
Attack on Titan's doing a pretty decent job
13739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 9/7/13
Elfen Lied, Clannad, and Clannad AS left me pretty sad for a few days.
The Oreimo 2 OVAs absolutely pissed me off. It was worse than School Days! That's how much anger I felt inside.
15062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/13
i don't get the hate on school days, have i become desensitized from watching too much anime? or have i not watched enough to be afflicted?
808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Highschool of the Dead, I felt like crap because it ended!! At least on netflix it did....
252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Attack on Titan, the newest episode: 22.
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / continent Aphrodia.
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
Everything after 1999.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.