First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply A show ahead of Naruto Shippuden on Crunchyroll?!
72660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/8/13

TheAZ126 wrote:

I know this forum topic is dead and gone, but I figured since it happened again, I might as well post it. Attack on Titan is once again ahead of Naruto: Shippuden. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this happens every Saturday after a new episode of Attack on Titan comes out.


I think the more interesting thing in that picture is that RWBY is #3! It has been #3-5 on and off lately and I find that quite interesting. The show's creator even tweeted about it with Crunchyroll. I don't think it has any chance of beating either Naruto or AoT but for it to be above the other shows from Japan is quite a feat.

I dropped Naruto very early on too. Really honestly don't see why anyone finds it interesting at all anymore. But it was the anime which got me to look at Crunchyroll so for that I and they should be grateful I guess!

AoT will fall away once the season ends in a few weeks but Naruto and HxH will truck on, episode after episode... shounen...
36798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / In the middle
Offline
Posted 9/8/13
It is just ignorant to say Naruto is a bad show, I don't think a bad show could become this popular, but you can say you don't like it. It gets out of line when you say "I don't understand how people can like it". You now are insulting the show and the fans. The response would be different if the show had the same Naruto hate support that equaled the love support the show wouldn't have been part of the most popular anime this long. Now that I am done ranting, AoT is a very good show, but even that show has some hate, personally I just think some people like to hate anything that is popular, that is only my opinion.
17084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
Of course Attack on titan it's been number one show because naruto has aired a lot of fillers. I do like naruto but the fillers I just don't like waching those. And Attack on titan is far more better than naruto at this moment.
27562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Online
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13
The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.
13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

saksiss wrote:

The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.


Everybody look, a hipster in its natural habitat.
27562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Online
Posted 9/11/13

zipzo wrote:


saksiss wrote:

The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.


Everybody look, a hipster in its natural habitat.


I despise hipsters. But anyway, it seems I touched a nerve with my previous comment. ; )
13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

saksiss wrote:


zipzo wrote:


saksiss wrote:

The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.


Everybody look, a hipster in its natural habitat.


I despise hipsters. But anyway, it seems I touched a nerve with my previous comment. ; )


No, a nerve would earn you a post of great verbal fortitude. One liners are out of the scope of my nerves. Why would such a thing make you sad? It earned its spot, whether you like that anime or not.
72660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
Fillers are generally show killers for me and Naruto being mostly filler is definitely. AoT doesn't have enough material for season two now unless they go the filler route and they actually did add some filler last episode to pad the first season out. Which I hate as there is more material but they want to end it at the right point and they have a few more episodes to fill so ding, ding, filler up!

My old favorite manga Gun Dream/Battle Angel had 9 volumes in the '90s. The mangaka got sick so he couldn't write any more so he ended the whole thing in the last few pages of an issue without warning. It was an awesome ending! Later he got better so he decided to finish it 'properly'. Well, 18 volumes and almost 20 years later he still isn't done and while it has had its moments in many ways the quick ending was better. We finally saw a character in #18 we hadn't seen for decades
. Absence does make the heart grow fonder I suppose but just finish it already! Going for 20 volumes I guess, 20 years to rewrite 5 pages. Now I much prefer stories with a definite plan, beginning, middle and... Yes, even an ending!

This is why I stopped watching Naruto and probably others too. The mangaka has recently said the climax is coming and in manga news speak that means the end is coming so perhaps they will actually finish the anime at that point as well, maybe episode 600? One can dream of a well made ending.
27562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Online
Posted 9/11/13

zipzo wrote:


saksiss wrote:


zipzo wrote:


saksiss wrote:

The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.


Everybody look, a hipster in its natural habitat.


I despise hipsters. But anyway, it seems I touched a nerve with my previous comment. ; )


No, a nerve would earn you a post of great verbal fortitude. One liners are out of the scope of my nerves. Why would such a thing make you sad? It earned its spot, whether you like that anime or not.


Well, you've given your two cents, and I've given mine.
22416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 9/11/13
Remember, REMEMBER. AoT is trying to lure in viewers with it's new episodes every week. Every Saturday when the new episode airs, people flock towards AoT.


Naruto has an advantage however.

New episode every week, AND people trying to watch and catch up. With over 300 Episodes(THAT'S FREAKIN ABSURD) You're going to have plenty of people watching the show to catch up.

And it's very easy to skip filler here on CR, you just click on the next episode because the one your on is crap.
74322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 9/11/13
I enjoy both Naruto and AoT. I don't complain about fillers because honestly I don't read the manga so to me it helps to flesh out some of the characters a bit better. i prefer watching the show. Usually when I discover a show or movie before the book it's based on I hold off on reading it until after said show or movie is done. I hate spoilers of any kind plus I never compare the two either because in all honesty there are in different formats. I also don't have a problem with long running anime/manga because a lot of comics here don't end either. They just tie up an arc and move to the next one.
Posted 9/11/13
You mean that show where the protagonist is called Sasuke and never really present in the show?
13013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Cincinnati
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
I think it's a big deal for AoT to be first if the popularity is calculated by clicks. This means that even though AoT has far less episodes, it is getting more views than Naruto, which typically gets more views because it has so many episodes. This assumes that five people watching the newest ep of AoT nets the same popularity as one person watching five eps of Naruto. But who knows. I always assumes the popularity positions were fixed by CR to some degree.
29100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13
Naruto hasn't been good since before the end of the Pain Arc years ago. Everything has been down hill ever since with the only bright spot afterwards being the Kushina flashback (which was excellent.) Everything else has been build-ups for AWFUL payoffs, and the Ninja War has been one of the most frustrating, annoying, botched, and abysmally bad thing that could ever happen to a series this side of Bleach's Fullbring Arc (can't decide what is worse arc wise...)

Suffice to say, I hate the series with a burning passion now when I used to like it a whole lot. Glad something beat it out in popularity. Doubt it will stay that way for long, though. Also happy RWBY is that high up. Good for them!
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13
How is the popularity list even done? By the star ratings per episode? Or actual video view counts that CR tracks?


zipzo wrote:


saksiss wrote:

The fact that AOT is even up there makes me sad.


Everybody look, a hipster in its natural habitat.


Not every one has to like a show like others do zipzo. Opinions and all that. So lets drop with the name calling.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.