First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply A show ahead of Naruto Shippuden on Crunchyroll?!
808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
I think Naruto is FAR overrated. There are certainly more animes out there with a more wholesome experience, without needing over 500 episodes to accomplish this.
21666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / USA
Online
Posted 9/11/13
Naruto is probably making money, so they means fillers sometimes just to make it last tv contracts have something to do with that probably. I'm just guessing... that being said i do like Naruto never watched or even clicked on attack on titan doesn't look like something i would like at all. But, how do they rank these? by clicks? If so then that wouldn't mean much I click all over and every click starts playing the vid and i might get right back out. I'm sure i'm not the only one mabye i am that person don't know but just don't put too much faith in those rankings other than clicks.
11091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

Allonan wrote:

Naruto is probably making money, so they means fillers sometimes just to make it last tv contracts have something to do with that probably. I'm just guessing... that being said i do like Naruto never watched or even clicked on attack on titan doesn't look like something i would like at all. But, how do they rank these? by clicks? If so then that wouldn't mean much I click all over and every click starts playing the vid and i might get right back out. I'm sure i'm not the only one mabye i am that person don't know but just don't put too much faith in those rankings other than clicks.


The Japanese anime industry is kind of weird in that manga sales or production committees fund the anime even more so than the networks.

CR ranks the videos by views I'm sure. Probably overall views for the day over all the episodes.
9435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Amarilo, Texas
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
Gintama during some arcs in seasons 5 and 6 actually passed both naruto and bleach for first a couple times. Though it lasted for day or two that's still something. Sword Art Online I think even passed a few times.
29359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13
My opinion is typed beneath this. Beware, it may sound uninformed and/or blunt. It's an opinion, and I try to sound as intelligent as possible when typing them. End disclaimer.

Well, eventually Attack on Titan, if the anime keeps going without a problem, is gonna run into the same problem Naruto has been and will soon again run into, the dreaded thing known as fillers. Don't hate a show for its fillers without understanding why fillers exist. I can understand if you say the fillers are terrible. But to insult a show because of a necessary evil is just stupid, for lack of a better word that I can think of at the moment.

Attack on Titan, if it keeps going well, will have fillers. It may not reach the magnitude of Naruto Shippuden, but it will have them. I wonder if people are gonna gripe then, because they have to wait a few more weeks because of the cliffhanger the last canon episode left them on.

I think Attack on Titan's popularity will soon fall though. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but Naruto is nearing its end, and as soon as the manga ends, there will be no more fillers, and views will likely skyrocket due to the lack of them. But I do like Attack on Titan. Just read the last chapter of the manga, and daaaaaamnnniiiiiiittttttttt...I want more. So don't bash on me and call me an Attack on Titan hater.

And I can see why Attack on Titan is so high at the moment. No fillers which keeps the fanbase pleased, cliffhanger episodes which builds hype and anticipation, and lack of any of the plaguing elements saturating many animes of today, like moe, fanservice and all that jolly shit, so it doesn't interfere with the story. So it kind of destroys Naruto Shippuden at the moment in those regards.
39795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 9/11/13

Zachman wrote:

Well, eventually Attack on Titan, if the anime keeps going without a problem, is gonna run into the same problem Naruto has been and will soon again run into, the dreaded thing known as fillers. Don't hate a show for its fillers without understanding why fillers exist. I can understand if you say the fillers are terrible. But to insult a show because of a necessary evil is just stupid, for lack of a better word that I can think of at the moment.


I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's been confirmed that AoT will only be 25 episodes for now, so it's not quite at risk of going into filler hell.
11378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
I never cared for the so called big three
46005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 9/11/13

eyeofpain wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Well, eventually Attack on Titan, if the anime keeps going without a problem, is gonna run into the same problem Naruto has been and will soon again run into, the dreaded thing known as fillers. Don't hate a show for its fillers without understanding why fillers exist. I can understand if you say the fillers are terrible. But to insult a show because of a necessary evil is just stupid, for lack of a better word that I can think of at the moment.


I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's been confirmed that AoT will only be 25 episodes for now, so it's not quite at risk of going into filler hell.


You are correct, it's only scheduled for 25 episodes right now. No second season has been officially announced yet.
29359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

eyeofpain wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Well, eventually Attack on Titan, if the anime keeps going without a problem, is gonna run into the same problem Naruto has been and will soon again run into, the dreaded thing known as fillers. Don't hate a show for its fillers without understanding why fillers exist. I can understand if you say the fillers are terrible. But to insult a show because of a necessary evil is just stupid, for lack of a better word that I can think of at the moment.


I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's been confirmed that AoT will only be 25 episodes for now, so it's not quite at risk of going into filler hell.


Seriously? They're not gonna adapt the whole thing? My bad. If that's true, yeah no filler I guess. I was going on the assumption that they're adapting the entire manga.

12646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13

Zachman
And I can see why Attack on Titan is so high at the moment. No fillers which keeps the fanbase pleased, cliffhanger episodes which builds hype and anticipation, and lack of any of the plaguing elements saturating many animes of today, like moe, fanservice and all that jolly shit, so it doesn't interfere with the story. So it kind of destroys Naruto Shippuden at the moment in those regards.


It also beats Naruto in writing, story, characters, and has less idiotic bs every five minutes. Kishimoto is really good at train wrecking his own series, though, I will give him that much.

As for Attack on Titan the anime, yeah, right now it is just 25 episodes. However, if it is popular enough, I don't see why a second season would not be made down the line. However, we are going to be talking a year from now at the earliest. This type of series is not cutting any corners animation wise (unlike the Big 3 tend to do) so it just won't be a continual stream of seasons like that. This will be more spread out to make the best product possible most likely.
29359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

Orga777 wrote:


Zachman
And I can see why Attack on Titan is so high at the moment. No fillers which keeps the fanbase pleased, cliffhanger episodes which builds hype and anticipation, and lack of any of the plaguing elements saturating many animes of today, like moe, fanservice and all that jolly shit, so it doesn't interfere with the story. So it kind of destroys Naruto Shippuden at the moment in those regards.


It also beats Naruto in writing, story, characters, and has less idiotic bs every five minutes. Kishimoto is really good at train wrecking his own series, though, I will give him that much.

As for Attack on Titan the anime, yeah, right now it is just 25 episodes. However, if it is popular enough, I don't see why a second season would not be made down the line. However, we are going to be talking a year from now at the earliest. This type of series is not cutting any corners animation wise (unlike the Big 3 tend to do) so it just won't be a continual stream of seasons like that. This will be more spread out to make the best product possible most likely.


Well, I have to agree with you here. Naruto was good in the first arc. Part good in the Shippuden arc. Where it's at now, though, I want it to end. Gotta agree on Kishimoto's trainwrecking prowess.

With the way Attack on Titan is going, it'd be a miracle if it didn't get a second season. And quite frankly I'd love a second season.
21456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 9/11/13
I love Naruto, I'm a shonen fan. I used to watch a bunch of anime from toonami, then netflix, then illegally online, and then SAO came out and here I am :3
8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Illinois
Offline
Posted 9/11/13

pandrasb wrote:

I love Naruto, I'm a shonen fan. I used to watch a bunch of anime from toonami, then netflix, then illegally online, and then SAO came out and here I am :3


I love naruto too. I'm also a fellow shonen fan :D
I love naruto and will always love naruto.

I just wish they'd do a better job with anime quality.
Seriously, shippuden looks like utter shit sometimes. MOST of the times.
and then every other anime out there has such great quality that it's become the standard/norm.

sigh :/
ive slowly lost my passion about naruto, but like i said.

i will always love naruto
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / netherlands
Offline
Posted 9/11/13 , edited 9/11/13

So this probably isn't that big of a deal and may be considered a waste of Forum space, but I felt the need to discuss this with SOMEONE, so I figured, "What the heck?"
At the time I'm writing this, Attack on Titan is ahead of Naruto Shippuden on Chrunchyroll's "Shows" page in terms of popularity:



So this made me wonder: Is this the first time on Crunchyroll that a show has surpassed Naruto Shippuden in popularity? It's the first time I've seen it, at least...

Feel free to share whatever thoughts you have (if any)!


it's not suprising because most of the fans take a break from watching naruto as long as they air fillers.
6494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/13
Meh. Overhyped crap will always be overhyped and crap, and it's not like Naruto is going to be around forever, anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.