First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Do people like this *really* exist? (video)
72399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Oh, they do exist. I see them all the time on my campus preaching stuff like spending money on books and classes is a sin when there are hungry children in the world.
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mhibicke wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:
That being said, I personally believe that homosexuality is unnatural, but I won't condemn people for choosing to live like that. Human beings have free will for a reason, and that's to live your life any damn way you want.


Well, I think redheads are unnatural, but I suppose that they can choose to live that way if they want to, what with this free will thing you're talking about.

Thanks anyway, but I'll pass on the pseudo-support.


But how does the color of something go against the laws of nature? That's all I'm saying. Logic and science say that it is unnatural because there would be no way for the subject to pass on their genes and have young to carry on their family tree.

It's not pseudo-support, because I don't support homosexuality. I just don't see the reason to condemn people for it like these WBC people in this interview.

In the same realm, I don't hate or blame the WBC gents for correctly defending what they believe. Because they are right, it's all there in the Bible. And, as I said before, it would be wrong to consider one part more important from the other and pick and choose what you decide to believe from the doctrine that defines the religion you believe.

That's why I believe in just living my life like how I want.

I don't believe in any one religion because they all borrow so much from each other. I just believe what I can observe, examine, and learn from life.
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

Khaltazar wrote:

Oh, they do exist. I see them all the time on my campus preaching stuff like spending money on books and classes is a sin when there are hungry children in the world.


They can do that on the campus? O_o Are they students there themselves?
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Yeah they exist. The reason why they are so extreme is because they surround themselves with people that only agree with them and they section themselves off from the rest of the world. Kind of like.....otaku.
72399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

Oh, they do exist. I see them all the time on my campus preaching stuff like spending money on books and classes is a sin when there are hungry children in the world.


They can do that on the campus? O_o Are they students their themselves?


The University allows it I guess.
27813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:
But how does the color of something go against the laws of nature? That's all I'm saying. Logic and science say that it is unnatural because there would be no way for the subject to pass on their genes and have young to carry on their family tree.

The thing about the redheads was satire, to demonstrate how ridiculous you sound. Before you decide you know enough to talk about evolutionary fitness strategies, go educate yourself some more.
FYI, I am a mother, a research scientist, and a lesbian. So you're not going to do yourself any favors by saying stupid things like "science means gay people can't have kids". Also, homosexuality is not uncommon in wild animals. Take giraffes for example.


11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

Khaltazar wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

Oh, they do exist. I see them all the time on my campus preaching stuff like spending money on books and classes is a sin when there are hungry children in the world.


They can do that on the campus? O_o Are they students their themselves?


The University allows it I guess.


I find that really strange, for some reason. Lol

That is quite the ridiculous.
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mhibicke wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:
But how does the color of something go against the laws of nature? That's all I'm saying. Logic and science say that it is unnatural because there would be no way for the subject to pass on their genes and have young to carry on their family tree.

The thing about the redheads was satire, to demonstrate how ridiculous you sound. Before you decide you know enough to talk about evolutionary fitness strategies, go educate yourself some more.
FYI, I am a mother, a research scientist, and a lesbian. So you're not going to do yourself any favors by saying stupid things like "science means gay people can't have kids". Also, homosexuality is not uncommon in wild animals. Take giraffes for example.




Woah, woah. Calm the rage. I am just using logic to answer the question that you asked by starting this thread. Try toning it down a notch and think about how ridiculous you are sounding. Sheesh. You think any of that entitles your views to be more correct than mine? Then why did you start this in the first place?
15209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
Yes, sadly, there really are people like that out there. My uncle is actually remarkably similar (though not so unapologetically blunt).

There's so much that I want to say about them but to explain it all would probably take a full page and would lead to various arguments and counterarguments (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would just be too taxing).

Instead, all I will say is that one of the many reasons they are so incomprehensible is because of the way they conduct themselves. They immediately come across as self-contradictory because they claim to be "loving" yet use hateful speech, distasteful language, and powerful words of condemnation. The only conclusion I can come to is that they have an unorthodox way of viewing Christian love, or else they were poorly catechised.
27813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:
Woah, woah. Calm the rage. I am just using logic to answer the question that you asked by starting this thread. Try toning it down a notch and think about how ridiculous you are sounding. Sheesh. You think any of that entitles your views to be more correct than mine? Then why did you start this in the first place?


Uh... Your logic sucks, and you're using incorrect information. I have no rage, and I didn't start this thread. My views are more correct than yours, because mine are supported by overwhelming evidence and yours are disproved by overwhelming evidence. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
For example, you said gay people can't have children. It is a fact that I am gay and have a child, so therefore you are wrong.
3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / イブキド
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Well, this is the world we live in. Filled to the brim with ignorant fools blindly following their master, which is religion.
5104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Brooklyn, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
I don't mind that a user on here doesn't like homosexuality. I don't mind so long as s/he doesn't condemn them or shun them. I don't think God is real, nor do I think that being a vegan is sensible, but I don't go and shove my beliefs down people's throats. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they hate everyone for it. You guys are being ridiculous, honestly. He clearly said "I just don't see the reason to condemn people for it like these WBC people in this interview." He's not promoting hate at ALL. Let the person live how they want to live.
578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Welp.....there's video footage of them. So I'm guessing they might exist. xD
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mhibicke wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:
Woah, woah. Calm the rage. I am just using logic to answer the question that you asked by starting this thread. Try toning it down a notch and think about how ridiculous you are sounding. Sheesh. You think any of that entitles your views to be more correct than mine? Then why did you start this in the first place?


Uh... Your logic sucks, and you're using incorrect information. I have no rage, and I didn't start this thread. My views are more correct than yours, because mine are supported by overwhelming evidence and yours are disproved by overwhelming evidence. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.
For example, you said gay people can't have children. It is a fact that I am gay and have a child, so therefore you are wrong.


You have a child? Is it your flesh and blood child? Did your lesbian partner give you the sperm to have said child form in your womb? My opinion and personal views are wrong because an entitled bitch on the Internet says they are and can't agree to disagree and stomach the fact that I, and I assure you many other people, don't agree with your brand of "logic"?

Interesting.
28115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
I don't really care for Russel Brand but I did actually agree with what he was saying. The people who are so extreme like the WBC are just pathetic. There is no reason for them to go around doing what they do other than to be jackasses. But whatever, I don't care about the bible or WBC. I live my life by my own rules and I will be the one to determine what I believe is right or wrong. Homosexuality is totally fine with me. Love is love no matter what form it takes. I would never say that any two people shouldn't be together because of stupid reasons like procreation and sin. I can only hope that those people and others like them who carry so much hate and animosity towards people they don't even know slowly disappear from the world over time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.