First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Do people like this *really* exist? (video)
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:
My opinion and personal views are wrong because an entitled bitch on the Internet says they are and can't agree to disagree and stomach the fact that I, and I assure you many other people, don't agree with your brand of "logic"?

I don't need anyone to agree with me, because the facts are the facts. And if you choose to believe things that have been disproved by overwhelming factual evidence, then I have no interest in stopping you. But I refuse to agree that we both may be right, because you are obviously wrong.

Since being proved wrong is so upsetting for you, maybe you should review the available data and reevaluate your wrong opinions.
10397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mhibicke wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:
My opinion and personal views are wrong because an entitled bitch on the Internet says they are and can't agree to disagree and stomach the fact that I, and I assure you many other people, don't agree with your brand of "logic"?

I don't need anyone to agree with me, because the facts are the facts. And if you choose to believe things that have been disproved by overwhelming factual evidence, then I have no interest in stopping you. But I refuse to agree that we both may be right, because you are obviously wrong.

Since being proved wrong is so upsetting for you, maybe you should review the available data and reevaluate your wrong opinions.


I could have left the b-word out of that... Sorry, that wasn't necessary. But, I'm done arguing. So, I respect you're opinion, and I understand the fact that we don't agree. I was just trying to contribute to this thread in a constructive manner. That was all.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:
I could have left the b-word out of that... Sorry, that wasn't necessary. But, I'm done arguing. So, I respect you're opinion, and I understand the fact that we don't agree. I was just trying to contribute to this thread in a constructive manner. That was all.

Well, you can't learn something without being wrong first. It's not the end of the world or anything. You're a kid with limited education and limited experience, so it's unreasonable to expect you to make sense of things properly. Which is why I didn't get mad when you called me names and tried to say mean things about my loved ones...
10577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / chicagoland
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
actually, two women cant create life anymore than two men can. it takes a man and a woman to create life which is what makes it natural.
that is what he was trying to say, not that you arent allowed to have kids or anything.
but that has nothing to do with two men or two women shacking up together, getting married if they want and even raising children.
its not his fault hes been brainwashed into thinking marriage/unity is only for procreation.
im straight. i dont have have nor do i want kids. does that mean i cant get married or shack up with some chick just to be together for the rest of our lives?
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:

...because I don't support homosexuality. I just don't see the reason to condemn people for it like these WBC people in this interview.

In the same realm, I don't hate or blame the WBC gents for correctly defending what they believe. Because they are right, it's all there in the Bible. And, as I said before, it would be wrong to consider one part more important from the other and pick and choose what you decide to believe from the doctrine that defines the religion you believe.


They don't really need your support, is the point I think your opponent is getting at, so there's no reason for you to say that they have it or not. They're going to do what they do, and the best course of action for you is to just accept that it exists or don't and be intolerant. It's one or the other for you, but either way neither is necessary for them to do it.

You're also picking and choosing a little bit on your own. The part you seem to be eloquently missing is that these "gentlemen" are guilty of their own game of picking and choosing in the very same fashion as anyone else.

For example, at ~5:00 or so the bald one tells Russell that he (or humans in general) doesn't have any power, and that the only reason he does anything is because God "moves through him".

Okay? So...going by this logic...wouldn't that mean that anyone who is Homosexual is so because God is moving through them? They assert that God created everybody...so wouldn't that mean that it's his fault people are gay in the first place? Even if people were choosing to be gay, isn't it his fault they are even choosing to be gay? It's nonsensical. They don't look like fools because they have beliefs we don't agree with, they look like fools because their train of thought holds no consistency, and is comprised of almost everything modern day believers in Jesus Christ resent.

I'm an agnostic, I have no chosen belief, but your apologetic tone towards these men is discerning...
10397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

swirly_commode wrote:

actually, two women cant create life anymore than two men can. it takes a man and a woman to create life which is what makes it natural.
that is what he was trying to say, not that you arent allowed to have kids or anything.
but that has nothing to do with two men or two women shacking up together, getting married if they want and even raising children.
its not his fault hes been brainwashed into thinking marriage/unity is only for procreation.
im straight. i dont have have nor do i want kids. does that mean i cant get married or shack up with some chick just to be together for the rest of our lives?


There's nothing brainwashed about it. Lol. It's just what I personally think about the matter. I don't have anything against any of that. I was interjecting both about the homosexuality and the religion, but for some reason everyone ignores the religion part. I have gay friends. I have had gay friends that were together and daring. I have had bisexual friends in the past as well before our friendship got awkward when she started hitting on me.

I don't have anything against it, the first part of your post was all I was trying to say.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:


swirly_commode wrote:

actually, two women cant create life anymore than two men can. it takes a man and a woman to create life which is what makes it natural.
that is what he was trying to say, not that you arent allowed to have kids or anything.
but that has nothing to do with two men or two women shacking up together, getting married if they want and even raising children.
its not his fault hes been brainwashed into thinking marriage/unity is only for procreation.
im straight. i dont have have nor do i want kids. does that mean i cant get married or shack up with some chick just to be together for the rest of our lives?


There's nothing brainwashed about it. Lol. It's just what I personally think about the matter. I don't have anything against any of that. I was interjecting both about the homosexuality and the religion, but for some reason everyone ignores the religion part. I have gay friends. I have had gay friends that were together and daring. I have had bisexual friends in the past as well before our friendship got awkward when she started hitting on me.

I don't have anything against it, the first part of your post was all I was trying to say.


Brainwashed is very much the word. To say they are not a product of their upbringing when a large majority of the country sees things in the completely opposite way that they do is like saying a kid raised by monkeys can show CEO potential.
11571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Seeing people this close minded makes me wonder...

10397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

zipzo wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:

...because I don't support homosexuality. I just don't see the reason to condemn people for it like these WBC people in this interview.

In the same realm, I don't hate or blame the WBC gents for correctly defending what they believe. Because they are right, it's all there in the Bible. And, as I said before, it would be wrong to consider one part more important from the other and pick and choose what you decide to believe from the doctrine that defines the religion you believe.


They don't really need your support, is the point I think your opponent is getting at, so there's no reason for you to say that they have it or not. They're going to do what they do, and the best course of action for you is to just accept that it exists or don't and be intolerant. It's one or the other for you, but either way neither is necessary for them to do it.

You're also picking and choosing a little bit on your own. The part you seem to be eloquently missing is that these "gentlemen" are guilty of their own game of picking and choosing in the very same fashion as anyone else.

For example, at ~5:00 or so the bald one tells Russell that he (or humans in general) doesn't have any power, and that the only reason he does anything is because God "moves through him".

Okay? So...going by this logic...wouldn't that mean that anyone who is Homosexual is so because God is moving through them? They assert that God created everybody...so wouldn't that mean that it's his fault people are gay in the first place? Even if people were choosing to be gay, isn't it his fault they are even choosing to be gay? It's nonsensical. They don't look like fools because they have beliefs we don't agree with, they look like fools because their train of thought holds no consistency, and is comprised of almost everything modern day believers in Jesus Christ resent.

I'm an agnostic, I have no chosen belief, but your apologetic tone towards these men is discerning...


They were saying that people of status and position are there because they are "blessed by God." But I do not fully believe that. There are a lot of awful people who have status and power in the world. It is true that it says in the Bible that God creats us all individually, but I just think homosexuality is a part of free will and living your life like how you want.

I'm not defending them or radical Christians like them, but they had a sound argument using strictly what the Bible says in a literal fashion. The part about picking and choosing was the amusing English fellow who said something like "there are bigger things than whatever" which is true, but he was trying to section and proportion the doctrine of the Christian belief.

I'm a straight guy, and I just don't support it for my own reasons.
10397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

zipzo wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:


swirly_commode wrote:

actually, two women cant create life anymore than two men can. it takes a man and a woman to create life which is what makes it natural.
that is what he was trying to say, not that you arent allowed to have kids or anything.
but that has nothing to do with two men or two women shacking up together, getting married if they want and even raising children.
its not his fault hes been brainwashed into thinking marriage/unity is only for procreation.
im straight. i dont have have nor do i want kids. does that mean i cant get married or shack up with some chick just to be together for the rest of our lives?


There's nothing brainwashed about it. Lol. It's just what I personally think about the matter. I don't have anything against any of that. I was interjecting both about the homosexuality and the religion, but for some reason everyone ignores the religion part. I have gay friends. I have had gay friends that were together and daring. I have had bisexual friends in the past as well before our friendship got awkward when she started hitting on me.

I don't have anything against it, the first part of your post was all I was trying to say.


Brainwashed is very much the word. To say they are not a product of their upbringing when a large majority of the country sees things in the completely opposite way that they do is like saying a kid raised by monkeys can show CEO potential.


Oh. I thought you were saying I was the brainwashed one. Lol
7038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Often times evil people believe they are doing good. We've had to handle these people for a few years now. Kevin Smith is known for making fun of them and their absurdity.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

My_Little_Brony wrote:

I'm not defending them or radical Christians like them, but they had a sound argument using strictly what the Bible says in a literal fashion. The part about picking and choosing was the amusing English fellow who said something like "there are bigger things than whatever" which is true, but he was trying to section and proportion the doctrine of the Christian belief.

I'm a straight guy, and I just don't support it for my own reasons.


Defending a flawed concept that is internally flawed already does not a good argument make. If they can't provide a good reason why those words exist in the first place, you can't make an argument to enforce those words.

Russell was basically saying that some parts of the book they believe in is messed up. That's a fact. There's a lot of parts actually that are messed up.

They are not "wrong" in the sense that they are following the guideline laid out for them if defending such text is their goal, but they are wrong overall, so it doesn't matter what their argument is if the very core of what they're arguing for is jack-flip stupid.
10397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

zipzo wrote:


My_Little_Brony wrote:

I'm not defending them or radical Christians like them, but they had a sound argument using strictly what the Bible says in a literal fashion. The part about picking and choosing was the amusing English fellow who said something like "there are bigger things than whatever" which is true, but he was trying to section and proportion the doctrine of the Christian belief.

I'm a straight guy, and I just don't support it for my own reasons.


Defending a flawed concept that is internally flawed already does not a good argument make. If they can't provide a good reason why those words exist in the first place, you can't make an argument to enforce those words.

Russell was basically saying that some parts of the book they believe in is messed up. That's a fact. There's a lot of parts actually that are messed up.

They are not "wrong" in the sense that they are following the guideline laid out for them if defending such text is their goal, but they are wrong overall, so it doesn't matter what their argument is if the very core of what they're arguing for is jack-flip stupid.


Agreed. And that is the very same fact for why I stopped attending church 4 years ago. And also like Russel said (that's what his bloody name was! Lol), I agree there are much larger problems out there in the world and I don't understand why the USA is always fighting and dividing themselves over such minuscule ideologies in the grand scheme of things.

Then again, humans are fickle creatures and like to bicker (myself included).
8766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / georgia, usa
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
the best thing in the world everyone can do is just completely ignore WBC. stop putting them on the news and on shows and interviewing them. there message of hate means nothing if no one is listening.

35972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
where I live I see this stuff everyday, only difference from the WBC is that it's dialed back a few notches and they dare not say a bad word about the military. It's sad to think about but if these guys would lay off the dead soldiers and the military they'd have people falling in lockstep behind them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.