First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Do people like this *really* exist? (video)
Posted 8/20/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:

...a basic human right. Love. It is not a privilege, but a right to an amazing experience. No one should ever be denied that.

...Everyone needs, deserves and should receive love.


I would have to disagree here.

Love is not a basic human right. It is a learned experience.

We don't need it. Humans can survive perfectly well without it.

Everyone should just read A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes. Even if you only read the chapter on "Love," it's quite interesting and it really makes those rusty cogs in your head start spinning.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/20/13

cheapshotfail wrote:
... it seemed like Russel Brand came into the conversation attempting to just shoot jokes at them as much as possible instead of hearing out what they had to say.


There's not much point (or entertainment value) in listening to asshats as if they were making valuable points. That would be like expecting a reasonable discussion amongst Jerry Springer guests.
However, I did catch some on-topic Colbert Report while in the gym this morning. Here's a clip if you've got 7 and a half minutes to burn.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/428601/august-14-2013/people-who-are-destroying-america---johnny-cummings
hpi 
11163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Arizona
Online
Posted 8/20/13
"...Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath
not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, sense, affections,
passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same
weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the
same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter
and summer as a christian is? If you prick us do we not
bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison
us do we not die?..."-Shylock from the Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare.

The reason I think that monologue applies is because, everyone is made the same way and we all earn the same love from God, regardless of our sexuality, race, etc. I think theres no reason to go boasting about how much you hate gays or what ever and trying to pass judgement on others and telling them where they're going to go after death. Also we should focus on more important problems than if two men or women should be together.
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
So, part of the whole against gay sex thing kinda confuses me. The part about the not producing offspring. Yes it is valid that to men or two women cannot produce babies as they are without the help of a third party in some way. But why is that an issue when in this modern age we believe marriage is between two people who love one another and sex is done for the fact that it feels good?

Another thing, if not producing offspring is a problem, what of heterosexual couples that decide not to have kids? Are they off the hook because if they change their minds they can then go ahead and procreate, or are they just as bad as homosexual couples?
1633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Throughout human history there have been many religious nutters and nutter-groups. Like that group during the Black plague who would whip themselves. We have people in political offices that hold similar beliefs too, and that is really scary.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:

Preach it sis. I'm not going to waste my time anymore on trying to explain myself to someone who wont listen or even care. Arguing for the sake of arguing seems to just be who he is.


Sounds like you're just copping out to me. I've read everything you've attempted to say, lest your ignorance tell you otherwise. I don't appreciate you wasting my time though if you aren't even going to bother to stick to your guns.
67812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

zipzo wrote:


ThePinkRanger wrote:

Preach it sis. I'm not going to waste my time anymore on trying to explain myself to someone who wont listen or even care. Arguing for the sake of arguing seems to just be who he is.


Sounds like you're just copping out to me. I've read everything you've attempted to say, lest your ignorance tell you otherwise. I don't appreciate you wasting my time though if you aren't even going to bother to stick to your guns.


Well then sounds like we both find each other ignorant. I don't see it necessary to waste MY time posting to you over and over again when you just love to argue. Good luck with yourself though, no hard feelings even though you've been utterly rude to me for no reason. Ta-ta!
67812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

demongurrl13 wrote:


ThePinkRanger wrote:

...a basic human right. Love. It is not a privilege, but a right to an amazing experience. No one should ever be denied that.

...Everyone needs, deserves and should receive love.


I would have to disagree here.

Love is not a basic human right. It is a learned experience.

We don't need it. Humans can survive perfectly well without it.

Everyone should just read A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes. Even if you only read the chapter on "Love," it's quite interesting and it really makes those rusty cogs in your head start spinning.


I was talking about love in the sense of gay marriage, dear. Experiencing love that way is what I meant. That should be, in my opinion, a basic human right to be able to experience that should a human choose to. It shouldn't be the decision of someone else, who it doesn't even honestly directly affect. If it's against your religion or morals, then just ignore it. That was my point. But you can disagree, never did I say I'm right. So, think what you want, and I'll continue to think what I want. No harm done.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

ZenZaku wrote:
So, part of the whole against gay sex thing kinda confuses me. The part about the not producing offspring. Yes it is valid that to men or two women cannot produce babies as they are without the help of a third party in some way. But why is that an issue when in this modern age we believe marriage is between two people who love one another and sex is done for the fact that it feels good?


Right? I'd like to see a healthy hetero marriage in which sex only happens for the purpose of impregnation.
24160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / The Sarlacc Pit
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Oh my god, this is hilarious! This guy is playing this so smooth, I don't know how he is still in that chair.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:


zipzo wrote:


ThePinkRanger wrote:

Preach it sis. I'm not going to waste my time anymore on trying to explain myself to someone who wont listen or even care. Arguing for the sake of arguing seems to just be who he is.


Sounds like you're just copping out to me. I've read everything you've attempted to say, lest your ignorance tell you otherwise. I don't appreciate you wasting my time though if you aren't even going to bother to stick to your guns.


Well then sounds like we both find each other ignorant. I don't see it necessary to waste MY time posting to you over and over again when you just love to argue. Good luck with yourself though, no hard feelings even though you've been utterly rude to me for no reason. Ta-ta!


You have absolutely no justification for assuming I'm ignorant, nor that I "love to argue". I don't understand...who's the one here being rude?
Posted 8/21/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:

I was talking about love in the sense of gay marriage, dear. Experiencing love that way is what I meant. That should be, in my opinion, a basic human right to be able to experience that should a human choose to. It shouldn't be the decision of someone else, who it doesn't even honestly directly affect. If it's against your religion or morals, then just ignore it. That was my point. But you can disagree, never did I say I'm right. So, think what you want, and I'll continue to think what I want. No harm done.


Even with that, what does love have to do with marriage? Two people can be in love without getting married and two people can be married without being in love. Love and marriage are not at all correlated. This idea of marrying for "love" is a relatively new social concept and is still being overlooked by certain cultures and religions. Marriage does nothing for "love." Just because people get married does not necessarily mean their love is strengthened and that they will be in love forever. Ever heard of this thing called a "divorce?"

If you look at marriage based on its religious definition, then its primary function is procreation. But nowadays not that many people really get married for that. It's merely for financial and social stability now. I mean, let's face it. Marriage is basically paperwork. No one needs to be married to be in love but if 2 people wish to start a family, then life will be much easier if their union / family is recognized by the law. In that sense, I would agree that any two people who wish to be married should be allowed that right. I have nothing against gay marriage. They have as much right to have their union / family recognized by the government as anybody else.

Now if people want to play the whole religion card and say that "God hates fags," then that's on them. I've read the Bible and God is pretty much a very temperamental ruler. He does things on a whim and changes his mind quite often. Maybe he did hate homosexuals back in the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, but who's to say that he hasn't changed his mind? I mean... I don't see him burning down the East Village in New York so I'm guessing all's good.

Anyway, that's my two cents. You can look at it from a social standpoint or a religious standpoint, but not from a "love" standpoint. That is not a valid argument.
67812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13

demongurrl13 wrote:


ThePinkRanger wrote:

I was talking about love in the sense of gay marriage, dear. Experiencing love that way is what I meant. That should be, in my opinion, a basic human right to be able to experience that should a human choose to. It shouldn't be the decision of someone else, who it doesn't even honestly directly affect. If it's against your religion or morals, then just ignore it. That was my point. But you can disagree, never did I say I'm right. So, think what you want, and I'll continue to think what I want. No harm done.


Even with that, what does love have to do with marriage? Two people can be in love without getting married and two people can be married without being in love. Love and marriage are not at all correlated. This idea of marrying for "love" is a relatively new social concept and is still being overlooked by certain cultures and religions. Marriage does nothing for "love." Just because people get married does not necessarily mean their love is strengthened and that they will be in love forever. Ever heard of this thing called a "divorce?"

If you look at marriage based on its religious definition, then its primary function is procreation. But nowadays not that many people really get married for that. It's merely for financial and social stability now. I mean, let's face it. Marriage is basically paperwork. No one needs to be married to be in love but if 2 people wish to start a family, then life will be much easier if their union / family is recognized by the law. In that sense, I would agree that any two people who wish to be married should be allowed that right. I have nothing against gay marriage. They have as much right to have their union / family recognized by the government as anybody else.

Now if people want to play the whole religion card and say that "God hates fags," then that's on them. I've read the Bible and God is pretty much a very temperamental ruler. He does things on a whim and changes his mind quite often. Maybe he did hate homosexuals back in the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, but who's to say that he hasn't changed his mind? I mean... I don't see him burning down the East Village in New York so I'm guessing all's good.

Anyway, that's my two cents. You can look at it from a social standpoint or a religious standpoint, but not from a "love" standpoint. That is not a valid argument.


Wow, a little condescending, are we? Yes, I've heard of divorce. Since you seem to have an air of condescension, I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I am well aware that it is essentially just paperwork, and marriage was originally meant for procreation, yada yada. I never said it's forever, I never said marriage is the cure all.

So. My basic message, was that the WBC is hateful, and trying to deny people something that everyone should be able to experience if they want to. I see marriage as something special and built on love and trust, and many other things. I don't see why anyone, if they want to, should be denied that. If you don't see or understand that that was my basic message, than oh well. It doesn't need to reach anyone, because it's my opinion, and I respect other people's opinion. I wasn't making an argument out of love. Simply stating that just because a person is gay, they shouldn't be able to experience it, because if you know anything about religion, they don't want gays to act on it, let alone get married. You aren't going to sway me, I already knew all the points you made. I don't see a point in repeating myself anymore.

The message of love sure ruffles a lot of feathers

I'm just gonna.. leave this here..



Love isn't a basic human need my Irish arse.
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:

Wow, a little condescending, are we? Yes, I've heard of divorce. Since you seem to have an air of condescension, I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I am well aware that it is essentially just paperwork, and marriage was originally meant for procreation, yada yada. I never said it's forever, I never said marriage is the cure all.

So. My basic message, was that the WBC is hateful, and trying to deny people something that everyone should be able to experience if they want to. I see marriage as something special and built on love and trust, and many other things. I don't see why anyone, if they want to, should be denied that. If you don't see or understand that that was my basic message, than oh well. It doesn't need to reach anyone, because it's my opinion, and I respect other people's opinion. I wasn't making an argument out of love. Simply stating that just because a person is gay, they shouldn't be able to experience it, because if you know anything about religion, they don't want gays to act on it, let alone get married. You aren't going to sway me, I already knew all the points you made. I don't see a point in repeating myself anymore.

The message of love sure ruffles a lot of feathers


That was condescending? People sure are insecure in this place...

I hope you do understand that the WBC's actions are all based on this "love" you speak of. And don't turn around and say it's different because it looks like the exact same word to me.

This is why people who do nothing but mindlessly spout the word "love" annoy me.

It's like when people say stuff like this...





P.S. That heirarchy is based off of a theory. It is rooted on psychology and suggests what every man needs in order to live a "full" life. My statement was solely based on survival. We, as humans, do not need love to survive.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

I never quite understood this graphic. Why is it a pyramid? Is there any quantifiable reason for those concepts to be organized like that? I can't help but think that it's modeled after the food pyramid.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.