Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Do people like this *really* exist? (video)
43202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Neverwhere
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

mhibicke wrote:

I never quite understood this graphic. Why is it a pyramid? Is there any quantifiable reason for those concepts to be organized like that? I can't help but think that it's modeled after the food pyramid.



It's psychology... I doubt it's meant to make much sense.
57344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Morroωιɴd
Offline
Posted 8/21/13




Not condescending? "ever heard of divorce?" Tch. Look more carefully through your post, maybe you'll see some remarks that weren't necessary.

I don't over use the word love. You are nit picking my words, twisting them and going off on tangents, when my basic point was something else, resulting in my sounding like a broken record, because you just want to drive your point into the ground and beat a dead horse. I don't exaggerate anything, I say what I feel - that humanity needs more kindness, love and respect. There is nothing wrong with that ideal.

As for the WBC, they think what they're doing is right. Nothing about them is loving. They are hateful beings. When I say love one another, I'm saying be accepting and tolerant, they are not. That IS NOT love. Their message has nothing to do with love. They may say they do it because they love, but if they did, they wouldn't scream that God hates fags, attend soldiers funerals to protest, and make hateful remarks that Sandy Hook happened because he hated those children. That isn't the type of love I'M talking about.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep posting to me. You aren't getting anywhere with me, nor will you. I know that I don't throw love around, and I am proud of who I am as a human being. You may think I'm annoying, or that people "like me" make you "weep for the world". I could care less. I'll still go on trying to see the good in people, and treat people the way I want to be treated. Loving someone doesn't mean it's affectionate, passionate, or intimate. I love my friends differently than my significant other, or my mother. And I love strangers on the street in a sense that I will not disrespect them, or show them anything other than kindness. THAT is my point. "love one another as I have loved you" was how I was raised, and I am proud of it.

I wish you the best of luck in life and in whatever you choose to do with it. Take care dear (and no, that isn't sarcasm).
19623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Michigan, Metro D...
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13
I have to agree with demongurrl13 in that love is not necessary to survive.

I'd take it a step further and say that theoretically love isn't even necessary to be happy.

A person in isolation, away from view of all romance, love, sex, etc. will not be aware they are missing anything at all. They would be as happy as an 8 year old child, because the knowledge is not there. It is the discovery that other people have something that you do not that sparks the desire, and thus creates a void where there previously was none. Of course, meeting someone of the opposite sex (or possibly same) during hormonal change would likely spark a change in the thinking patterns as well.

The problem is that in the real world, you are surrounded by it. You see romance in tv, books, games, movies, on the street, online.. it doesn't matter where you go you will constantly be reminded that you are missing something.. so realistically you will always have a small void. Still, you can live a fulfilling life alone.. it is just a different path. Not really my path.. but a valid one.

(I likely completely missed the point of the thread now that I look at it again, but i'll stand by my random statement.)
43202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Neverwhere
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

ThePinkRanger wrote:



You don't sound very "loving" or tolerant of the WBC.

But....... I will not beat your dead horse anymore. I don't want PETA's horde of loving people to come after me.

I guess I was just hoping someone might give me something to think about.

Ah well, mission failed.

I'm abandoning ship.
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

darkwulfshade wrote:
A person in isolation, away from view of all romance, love, sex, etc. will not be aware they are missing anything at all. They would be as happy as an 8 year old child, because the knowledge is not there.

Totally off topic, but I think you are wrong about this. The need to love/be loved is part of being a highly social primate, which is why people like fuzzy, cuddly animals. Harlow's wire mothers demonstrated that love can be more important than food sometimes.

But... baby monkey love needs aren't the same as sweet hot lovin', and neither are related to hatemongering asshats like the WBC.
19623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Michigan, Metro D...
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

mhibicke wrote:


darkwulfshade wrote:
A person in isolation, away from view of all romance, love, sex, etc. will not be aware they are missing anything at all. They would be as happy as an 8 year old child, because the knowledge is not there.

Totally off topic, but I think you are wrong about this. The need to love/be loved is part of being a highly social primate, which is why people like fuzzy, cuddly animals. Harlow's wire mothers demonstrated that love can be more important than food sometimes.

But... baby monkey love needs aren't the same as sweet hot lovin', and neither are related to hatemongering asshats like the WBC.


I was mostly referring to romantic love over parental/family love...
I'm not sure how a human being would do with zero contact with the outside world at all. Probably go mad.
You'd have to be without any outside stimulation basically.. a cabin in woods.
I suppose if you had animals you could love and recieve affection in return without having to get people involved..

If I remember at some point i'll look into the experiment you mentioned. ^_^
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

darkwulfshade wrote:
If I remember at some point i'll look into the experiment you mentioned. ^_^

Don't bother, I'll just tell you. Baby monkeys were taken from their real mothers and provided with the two wire mothers in the picture. Babies spent a lot of time hugging and cuddling the fuzzy mother, and would even hang on the fuzzy mother while leaning over to drink from the milk mother. The monkeys grew up antisocial, with weird anxiety issues and personality problems, and were essentially screwed up for life. Now a common way to screw up lab animals so that they are good models for human major depressive disorder is to maternal deprivation.

Anyway, one of the reasons that I never got the "needs pyramid" is because sex is at the bottom, along with air and food, but family love is near the top, along with self respect. My best friend is in a bad marriage, and he's proof that you can live for years without sex. Poor straight guy, only getting it when his wife is trying to get pregnant again...
1388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13
Yep. People like the folks at Westboro do exist in this world. They're a rare breed of idiot. These folks aren't real Christians because they're following the laws of Moses (the rules that also contain the anti-LGBT rules). Today, only orthodox Jews and ultra orthodox Jews follow most of these laws.

The only reason homosexual people weren't accepted in ancient societies is because their marriages didn't produce children, the most important resource to ancient man. (Yeah, that's right. Women weren't the only beings that were seen as objects. Kids were seen as objects too!)

As an Evangelical Christian, I can definitely tell you that Christians follow the New Testament part of the Bible.
The Old Testament is included in many Protestant bibles to show that the old system was heavily flawed.We believe that Jesus came to abolish the old way of life, and that God accepts everyone as they are. Personally, I think God is allowing all the LGBT people to exist in order to challenge societies' idea of gender roles. I think LGBT people will help mankind to evolve into more tolerant people. The fight we see today are just "growing pains" in the history of mankind.
1388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 8/21/13

Angerudusto wrote:

Yeah they exist. The reason why they are so extreme is because they surround themselves with people that only agree with them and they section themselves off from the rest of the world. Kind of like.....otaku.


Hmmm. I think you mean hikikomori. Hikikomori cut themselves off from the rest of the world. Otaku just socialize with other otaku and geeks from other fandoms.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
Yes, for as long as religion is the worst illness a human can have, people like this exist.
12528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Atlanta, GA. USA
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
but it also says in Matthew 7:1-3 to judge not lest ye be judged, and in John 8:7 it says to let ye without sin cast the first stone. unfortunately everyone sins(Romans 3:23), so no man has the right to condemn another. that is God's duty on judgement day(Romans 14:10,2Cor.5:10). so these people are using religion to promote their own hate doctrine. a true christian strives daily to live a christ like exsistence(1 John3:6) obeying the 10 commandments(Exodus 20:1-17,Deut.5:4-21),and confessing and repenting when they slip. they are not suppose to go around hating others. they are suppose to lead by example. in the usa our constituiton was designed to seperate church from state. so to pass laws based on religion is unconstitutional. so banning gay marriages and other laws against homosexuals is unconstitutional.likewise are laws prohibiting a person's freedom of religious expression. we live in a democracy, not a theocracy
unfortunately people like the wbc exsist and they give a bad impression of christianity and of americans. fortunately for them they live in a country that allows them to express their opinions, no matter how crazy they sound to the majority of the country.
15400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Diego, Califo...
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
Yup. I see people like this a lot where I live. Being an atheist, it gets quite annoying when they try to 'pass' their religious beliefs onto me and will not take no as an answer.

Got a few of them arrested for following me around when I repeatedly told them I will not nor do I accept their religious beliefs.
humnut 
14496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

zipzo wrote:

This is an interview on Russel Brand's show where he brings on two guests who are (assuredly) strong, vocal players of the WBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBA6qlHW8po

I honestly cannot even bring myself to understand (I'm being totally serious) that men like this truly do exist. If they do, how they have any friends or even family.

I'm not exactly hateful or spiteful to them for the way they speak and live...I just can't bring myself to any kind of understanding as to how...they can truly say what they do with utter confidence. These guys actually believe that they are heroes, changing the world one step at a time! Russel Brand handles this interview like a saint, thankfully. I imagine on any other show this would have been quite ugly.


I know right, how those three gay guys could be gay is beyond me! lol, jk ;p.

But on a serious note, unfortunately, these people do exist, and the best thing you can do is ignore them. They only have power as long as people listen to them.
humnut 
14496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California. . . F...
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

rydangel wrote:

but it also says in Matthew 7:1-3 to judge not lest ye be judged, and in John 8:7 it says to let ye without sin cast the first stone. unfortunately everyone sins(Romans 3:23), so no man has the right to condemn another. that is God's duty on judgement day(Romans 14:10,2Cor.5:10). so these people are using religion to promote their own hate doctrine. a true christian strives daily to live a christ like exsistence(1 John3:6) obeying the 10 commandments(Exodus 20:1-17,Deut.5:4-21),and confessing and repenting when they slip. they are not suppose to go around hating others. they are suppose to lead by example. in the usa our constituiton was designed to seperate church from state. so to pass laws based on religion is unconstitutional. so banning gay marriages and other laws against homosexuals is unconstitutional.likewise are laws prohibiting a person's freedom of religious expression. we live in a democracy, not a theocracy
unfortunately people like the wbc exsist and they give a bad impression of christianity and of americans. fortunately for them they live in a country that allows them to express their opinions, no matter how crazy they sound to the majority of the country.


Halleluiah brother. Christians and Catholics that love gays FTW!
16228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Austin Tx
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
LOL THAT VIDEO WAS PRETTY ENTERTAINING! XD And yep really today's religion each time is getting stupider
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.