Post Reply .Gif files not loading
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Hwy is .gif not working for my profile pic? I don't get it. I see a lot of other peole have .gif pics for their profiles so why isn't it working for mine?
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

DMC2732 wrote:

Hwy is .gif not working for my profile pic? I don't get it. I see a lot of other peole have .gif pics for their profiles so why isn't it working for mine?


The file may be to large, It has to be a smaller file to load up.
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

Zackie-Jackie wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:

Hwy is .gif not working for my profile pic? I don't get it. I see a lot of other peole have .gif pics for their profiles so why isn't it working for mine?


The file may be to large, It has to be a smaller file to load up.


I don't think it's that big. It's only a 1MB file. It says loading but it's not loading up. Almost like it's timed out.
Posted 8/18/13

DMC2732 wrote:


Zackie-Jackie wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:

Hwy is .gif not working for my profile pic? I don't get it. I see a lot of other peole have .gif pics for their profiles so why isn't it working for mine?


The file may be to large, It has to be a smaller file to load up.


I don't think it's that big. It's only a 1MB file. It says loading but it's not loading up. Almost like it's timed out.


Yea, If it takes to long to load up then you are looking at a big file, just get a smaller one.
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Over the last few days, gif files with sizes that are 1+MB haven't been working for people. Don't know why.
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mwhitco91 wrote:

Over the last few days, gif files with sizes that are 1+MB haven't been working for people. Don't know why.


Okay so it's not just me. The file limit on it says nothing above 3MB so I figured 1MB would be okay.
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

DMC2732 wrote:

Okay so it's not just me. The file limit on it says nothing above 3MB so I figured 1MB would be okay.


Right, that'd only make sense...but for some reason...

I found this out when I tried to fix someone's GIF file and it wouldn't upload for them. It started to work as his avatar only after I got it down to about 600-700KB.
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mwhitco91 wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:

Okay so it's not just me. The file limit on it says nothing above 3MB so I figured 1MB would be okay.


Right, that'd only make sense...but for some reason...

I found this out when I tried to fix someone's GIF file and it wouldn't upload for them. It started to work as his avatar only after I got it down to about 600-700KB.


So... How do you make it smaller?
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

DMC2732 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:

Okay so it's not just me. The file limit on it says nothing above 3MB so I figured 1MB would be okay.


Right, that'd only make sense...but for some reason...

I found this out when I tried to fix someone's GIF file and it wouldn't upload for them. It started to work as his avatar only after I got it down to about 600-700KB.


So... How do you make it smaller?


I can do it, just post it here.
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mwhitco91 wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:


DMC2732 wrote:

Okay so it's not just me. The file limit on it says nothing above 3MB so I figured 1MB would be okay.


Right, that'd only make sense...but for some reason...

I found this out when I tried to fix someone's GIF file and it wouldn't upload for them. It started to work as his avatar only after I got it down to about 600-700KB.


So... How do you make it smaller?


I can do it, just post it here.




Have to put a spoiler tag to be respectful ^.^
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
That's actually pretty lucky, because non-square GIFs as avatars come out glitchy. So, I just cropped yours into a square. Try it out, and if it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll lower the dimensions of the image.



When CR asks you to crop the image for your avatar, make sure to select the entire image, or it'll come out glitchy.
18304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Parish, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

mwhitco91 wrote:

That's actually pretty lucky, because non-square GIFs as avatars come out glitchy. So, I just cropped yours into a square. Try it out, and if it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll lower the dimensions of the image.



When CR asks you to crop the image for your avatar, make sure to select the entire image, or it'll come out glitchy.


Thank you! It works just fine. Awesome job.

... I kinda feel like I should pay you I would if I had any money but I'm a broke bastard haha.
26413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

DMC2732 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

That's actually pretty lucky, because non-square GIFs as avatars come out glitchy. So, I just cropped yours into a square. Try it out, and if it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll lower the dimensions of the image.



When CR asks you to crop the image for your avatar, make sure to select the entire image, or it'll come out glitchy.


Thank you! It works just fine. Awesome job.

... I kinda feel like I should pay you I would if I had any money but I'm a broke bastard haha.


Haha, nono, don't worry about it. I do this kind of thing for people a lot. If you'd like to, please join my group, Glitchy GIF Fixing, and feel free to put in a request for a GIF to be fixed or edited whenever you come across something like this again.
You must be logged in to post.