First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Why didn't Guilty Crown get the same success as Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan?
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
LET'S COMPARE THESE 3.




I mean, it's almost as if Guilty Crown never existed.
When I ask my friends about it they either respond to me:
"Huh? What's that?" or "Oh you mean Code Geass 2.0"?

It had just as great as animation as SAO and AoT, maybe even better!
Its pilot episode was probably on par with SAO and AoT.
Story line was as meh as SAO.
But why, all of a sudden, didn't it click with the people?



Acclaim / Score:
Attack on Titan (2013) > Sword Art Online (2012) >>> Guilty Crown (2011)

Popularity:
Sword Art Online (2012) > Attack on Titan (2013) >>> Guilty Crown (2011)

Likability / Favorites:
Sword Art Online (2012) > Attack on Titan (2013) >>> Guilty Crown (2011)

Was it because it was trash?
Was it because it ripped off Code Geass?
Was it because it was ahead of its time?
Was it because it tried too hard?

Let's discuss while we weep at its grave.



9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
it was definitely better than sao also i dont get why people say its a wanna be code geass the plot is completely different but i do know alot of people hate on it for the tragic turn it took with all the deaths and shit


also this thread is probably aobut to get alot of flaming and trolls just a heads up
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

EspeoangeTieler wrote:

also this thread is probably aobut to get alot of flaming and trolls just a heads up



I am really curious about this.
Why didn't it took off like SAO and AoT?
If someone could shed a light on this....


13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Repeat thread. If you want to discuss you should post in already existing discussions on this matter instead of trying to create a new thread every time you feel like stirring useless flames.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-801333/i-give-up-i-dont-get-the-guilty-crown-hatespoilers?pg=0
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

chrome_mist wrote:


EspeoangeTieler wrote:

also this thread is probably aobut to get alot of flaming and trolls just a heads up



I am really curious about this.
Why didn't it took off like SAO and AoT?
If someone could shed a light on this....




well for attack on titan its something thats pretty new as plot goes and it really is just a amazing SAO was really jsut popular because soooo many people love the fantasy of being trapped inside a video game (tbh it wasnt as fantastic as people made it out to be very rushed among other things but i wont get into that) so i guess thats why those shows took off not really why guilty crown didn't take off i guess people just didn't follow the story or didn't like it sorry if im not really answering your question here it really all jsut comes down to what people like


yea that previous thread hits a great point on the character development people thought they should have expanded on all characters not jsut the main character would have taken way more episodes
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

zipzo wrote:

Repeat thread. If you want to discuss you should post in already existing discussions on this matter instead of trying to create a new thread every time you feel like stirring useless flames.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-801333/i-give-up-i-dont-get-the-guilty-crown-hatespoilers?pg=0



You sound mad though.
And it's not the same thread.
I'm asking why it didn't took off like SAO and AoT.

zipso, zipzo.




EspeoangeTieler wrote:

well for attack on titan its something thats pretty new as plot goes and it really is just a amazing SAO was really jsut popular because soooo many people love the fantasy of being trapped inside a video game (tbh it wasnt as fantastic as people made it out to be very rushed among other things but i wont get into that) so i guess thats why those shows took off not really why guilty crown didn't take off i guess people just didn't follow the story or didn't like it sorry if im not really answering your question here it really all jsut comes down to what people like



Your post was very helpful.
Guilty Crown was unlikable. Hmm.. Interesting.
What can you say about its characters?


9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

chrome_mist wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Repeat thread. If you want to discuss you should post in already existing discussions on this matter instead of trying to create a new thread every time you feel like stirring useless flames.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-801333/i-give-up-i-dont-get-the-guilty-crown-hatespoilers?pg=0



You sound mad though.
And it's not the same thread.
I'm asking why it didn't took off like SAO and AoT.

zipso, zipzo.




EspeoangeTieler wrote:

well for attack on titan its something thats pretty new as plot goes and it really is just a amazing SAO was really jsut popular because soooo many people love the fantasy of being trapped inside a video game (tbh it wasnt as fantastic as people made it out to be very rushed among other things but i wont get into that) so i guess thats why those shows took off not really why guilty crown didn't take off i guess people just didn't follow the story or didn't like it sorry if im not really answering your question here it really all jsut comes down to what people like



Your post was very helpful.
Guilty Crown was unlikable. Hmm.. Interesting.
What can you say about its characters?




personally i liked all the characters expect for souta because fuck him and his stupidness shu should have killed him any way i don't need the entire cast to have development when the show is not aobut them however others want ever character to go in deep aobut there history or just want to see the character they grow attracted to have more screen time (and most prob just wanted pointless fanservice)
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

EspeoangeTieler wrote:

personally i liked all the characters expect for souta because fuck him and his stupidness shu should have killed him any way i don't need the entire cast to have development when the show is not aobut them however others want ever character to go in deep aobut there history or just want to see the character they grow attracted to have more screen time (and most prob just wanted pointless fanservice)



Valid points.
But Shoe annoyed me just as much as Souta.
Seriously. And his character development (around episode 15)
was cringe-worthy. Like gorl, you don't know shit about leading.


9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

chrome_mist wrote:


EspeoangeTieler wrote:

personally i liked all the characters expect for souta because fuck him and his stupidness shu should have killed him any way i don't need the entire cast to have development when the show is not aobut them however others want ever character to go in deep aobut there history or just want to see the character they grow attracted to have more screen time (and most prob just wanted pointless fanservice)



Valid points.
But Shoe annoyed me just as much as Souta.
Seriously. And his character development (around episode 15)
was cringe-worthy. Like gorl, you don't know shit about leading.




i personally like the way his character developed had to become an asshole to try to keep the dumb asses from getting people killed then later on saw why the way he did it wasnt completely right
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13

EspeoangeTieler wrote:

i personally like the way his character developed had to become an asshole to try to keep the dumb asses from getting people killed then later on saw why the way he did it wasnt completely right




Yeah I know why he did what he did.
But the part wasn't right for him.
I almost sided with the students at some point.

He tried it.
14271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

zipzo wrote:

Repeat thread. If you want to discuss you should post in already existing discussions on this matter instead of trying to create a new thread every time you feel like stirring useless flames.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-801333/i-give-up-i-dont-get-the-guilty-crown-hatespoilers?pg=0

+2


Funny thread. An indirect way of saying let's nit-pick on an anime I didn't like. Anyways GC lacked any like-able characters, I can stand it if a protagonist is bad, but when all other characters are lacking, so does my interest.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 8/18/13
People keep talking about the sound track for GC, I suppose that is the redeeming feature for it.

The honest of Guilty Crown came crashing down after episode 3, I don't have the sharpest memory of what happened after that. There was a sense of trope after trope after trope to the point where it left the audience anticipating for something but never received anything. The plot-holes weren't the biggest issue, it was a case of something being inconsistent too often.



54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13

Chemist wrote:

Funny thread. An indirect way of saying let's nit-pick on an anime I didn't like. Anyways GC lacked any like-able characters, I can stand it if a protagonist is bad, but when all other characters are lacking, so does my interest.



I thought Inori was cute.
But other than her, yes, the characters were bland and boring.



AnimeKami wrote:

People keep talking about the sound track for GC, I suppose that is the redeeming feature for it.

The honest of Guilty Crown came crashing down after episode 3, I don't have the sharpest memory of what happened after that. There was a sense of trope after trope after trope to the point where it left the audience anticipating for something but never received anything. The plot-holes weren't the biggest issue, it was a case of something being inconsistent too often.




AnimeKami spilling the hottest tea!
I agree!

The soundtrack was kind of amazing though, yep!


40319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 8/18/13
Was Guilty Crown really like a rip-off of Code Geass? I remember watching the first episode and being completely bored and annoyed by the MC that i didn't continue...
2921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / San Carlos city
Offline
Posted 8/18/13 , edited 8/18/13
Personally, I enjoyed Guilty Crown more than SAO itself, plot-wise. Unlike SAO (which didn't last me until 12 eps), I actually finished GC and even cried at the ending. I find GC to be a unique and unpredictable anime that kept me on my seat for hours watching it. It's not a rip-off of Code Geass like what others say. It's because of people's assumptions that this is a rip-off and it has no plot that this show became hated like it is now. Just ignore the rants and haters' comments on this show and you'll surely enjoy it. That's if it fits your tastes
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.