Post Reply Favorite Ability from an MMO?
17522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/21/13 , edited 8/21/13
I can imagine many of you have played/enjoyed many mmo's in the past and loved all the unique spells and abilities that come with the certain class you pick, but what was your go to spell? The one you loved to see come off cool down or even spam the most?

For me it was a pretty close pick between either:

Polymorph from World of Warcraft = Turned enemy player into a sheep for a pretty long duration.
Death from above from Swtor(Starwars The Old Republic) = Allowed a bounty hunter to engulf an area in high explosive rockets showing flaming death onto enemies)
5080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Johnson City, New...
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
I would have to go with the generic one that's in most MMO's stealth/invisibility if it was a spell id want meteor from Final Fantasy a realm reborn just because it would look awesome
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Charge.

Followed by Heroic Leap.

My Warrior combo's would defeat you're foolishness anyday!
61697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 8/21/13
Mind Control from WoW. Me and my friends would go into neutral or Ally territory and I'd MC people, throw them over cliffs or get them killed by their own guards. Or throw them off zeppelins and boats. Then of course they'd call their whole damn guild to come kill us lol...man good times.
17522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

Felstalker wrote:

Charge.

Followed by Heroic Leap.

My Warrior combo's would defeat you're foolishness anyday!





runfromlegion wrote:

Mind Control from WoW. Me and my friends would go into neutral or Ally territory and I'd MC people, throw them over cliffs or get them killed by their own guards. Or throw them off zeppelins and boats. Then of course they'd call their whole damn guild to come kill us lol...man good times.


That sounds pretty funny! Reminds me of how my friends would mess about with people trying to complete certain objectives in PvP areas in SWTOR. Basically you would wait in stealth as an assassin till they got near a cliff face, force pull them towards you and knock them off the edge with a Overload(Knockback). Its even funnier when they start having a go at you when they knew the risks of entering a PvP zone!
17522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/22/13

Felstalker wrote:

Charge.

Followed by Heroic Leap.

My Warrior combo's would defeat you're foolishness anyday!


I don't know... Bounty hunters specialize in taking down their opponents, dead or alive!
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
True True, but Warriors specialize in Trap cards!

Wait, or was it Magic Equip cards?

I forget, It's been a while. Lets just say that I had some serous Mojo with my Warrior, I could also Roleplay a rather mean mercenary.
ispy12 
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/22/13
any kind of blink
18237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
Iceblock from World of WarCraft!
61697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 8/23/13

Tophatjames wrote:

That sounds pretty funny! Reminds me of how my friends would mess about with people trying to complete certain objectives in PvP areas in SWTOR. Basically you would wait in stealth as an assassin till they got near a cliff face, force pull them towards you and knock them off the edge with a Overload(Knockback). Its even funnier when they start having a go at you when they knew the risks of entering a PvP zone! :P


It was. We probably spent more time screwing around like that than we did in raids/bg/arenas. We'd tick people off enough sometimes that'd we get angry whispers from alt accounts. lol


Mathiazdotorg wrote:

Iceblock from World of WarCraft!


You Mages and your Iceblock! Hated that in Arena...But I think I remember enjoying Mass Dispelling it tho...that worked right? It's been a few years...
18237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/23/13 , edited 8/23/13

runfromlegion wrote:

You Mages and your Iceblock! Hated that in Arena...But I think I remember enjoying Mass Dispelling it tho...that worked right? It's been a few years...




Jokes on you, - I actually didn't play mage. I played Shadow Priest in all my WoW years.

Ahh the memories!
61697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 8/23/13

Mathiazdotorg wrote:


runfromlegion wrote:

You Mages and your Iceblock! Hated that in Arena...But I think I remember enjoying Mass Dispelling it tho...that worked right? It's been a few years...




Jokes on you, - I actually didn't play mage. I played Shadow Priest in all my WoW years.

Ahh the memories!


Ah nice, my main was a Spriest from day 1 til the day I quit.

48375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 8/25/13
Teleport.
F40PH 
20291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/27/13
WoW - Feign Death or Disengage.
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / STAR
Offline
Posted 8/28/13
the power to control Elements(air,water,wind etc.) LOL
You must be logged in to post.