First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Satan created God
11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / F
Online
Posted 8/23/13
Sounds awesome. Just when i got bored with a whole bunch of stories about god and arguements on youtube and forums, so far this seems like a reasonable and interesting thread
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/23/13

Catzombiez wrote:

I think the humans Lucifer was jealous of was Adam and Eve and their children. From my knowledge, Lucifer's story of rebelling against god is about the same time of Lilith's story, and She was the first wife of Adam, before Eve.

In a non-offensive way- but doesn't most religious stories have plot holes?



(I'm still learning this website, so I don't know how to reply to you're post specifically. sorry.)


Satan's fall actually occurs before Adam & Lilith/Eve. But, anyway, whatever the OP posted is the largest pile of shite I've ever read. Lol

That makes completely no sense, and it sounds like whoever thought of this was just thinking a liiiittle too hard.
15466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/23/13

cpblair83 wrote:

Cool story, bro. ~_~

I don't think entities exist outside of our objective reality and I believe the limitations of a living creature are what allow itself to experience reality. So,... I essentially don't believe God created the Devil or that the Devil created God.


This sums it up for me pretty well.

To imply Satan created God means one or both of them was alive at some point. I refuse to believe that deities live and I also don't believe in an afterlife so the second part of the question is also irrelevant.

11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Land of Ooo
Offline
Posted 8/23/13

Dodebebop wrote:

Sounds convincing enough but doesn't the story go that lucifer was first a angel and angels are created to serve god
Correct me if im wrong
Would be a huge plot twist if it was satan created god instead of gos creating satan


Satan was supposed to have been the most powerful of the angels. He was basically God's right-hand-man in the heavens before he became corrupt. One of the biggest mysteries about the whole story is of the angels God created had free will or not, and if they didn't, why would we create Satan just to make him evil in the first place...? But, I suppose the angels must have had free will, especially considering Lucifer was able to turn 1/3 of all the angels against God.
5546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
no one is dead! satans evil spirit still has the power to rome the earth .... he is the prince of this world ... satan wuz never in the flesh! never had been. never well be!
39310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/13 , edited 8/23/13

Doryphoros wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:

Makes about as much sense as the converse. The only problem is that it doesn't seem like there's all that much hatred of Satan, and he could have come up with a lot of easier ways to generate hate, like enslaving and torturing humanity. If he created the world, why not just send people to hell in the first place? The reverse psychology of making God just seems kind of roundabout to me -- maybe I've just never thought of Satan as the passive-aggresive type. I've no opinion otherwise. The idea seems perfectly feasible, if a little inefficient.


If Satan tortured humanity then we wouldn't have a civilization to build and advance to create more human's that will create more accumulate hate then when they were tortured, doesn't have to be hate can be negative emotions..i never said Satan created the world... The global system of suffering we have today is working for Satan, just look at all the less developed countries and see peoples suffering... A lot of hate can also be found in developed countries.. (the god complex is probably not the only plan that Satan has planted to gain power)


Fair enough, so what's the scenario here? I take it you're not suggesting that something else created the world (then you're basically just swapping out the word "God" with "creator" or "maker" or something similar). So then Satan, the world, and humanity have been here forever? There are a lot of possibilities here, so just let me know which one you're suggesting in this scenario so I can take a look at it. So, on to the meat of the issue:


I'm not suggesting that there's no hate now. Of course I can look at all the hate in the world, but is that the optimal amount? It's fine to argue that today's system is good for Satan, but to argue that Satan designed or encouraged the system means that he thinks that it was the best option, which means that (since there are scenarios which could have more hate) either Satan is incompetent, I'm misunderstanding the worldview in this scenario, I'm an idiot, or you're wrong. I just feel like Satan could be a lot more efficient if he took a more direct route for this. Surely he can just let people have babies in hell, right? Isn't that a little more productive than just hoping people will have kids, and then making them live in a somewhat shitty (If anything, I think you'll be willing to admit that the world could be worse) place, and then hoping they'll attribute that shittyness to him?

Plus, even if you think the world is a shitty place, that doesn't imply that you hate it. In fact, the whole idea behind the Christian God is that he loves the world despite its shittyness, right? People are capable of tolerating things they don't like, and Satan could get rid of that tolerance by just letting us know that he's responsible and giving us something concrete to hate at. As it stands right now, people can still hold the possibility that things happen to be bad for some people, whereas if Satan just let's us know that, in fact, everything was designed to be awful, people can just hate the designer.

Edit: I forgot that you said it doesn't necessarily need to be hate. I think you can replace with "negative emotions" in my post though, I think it still applies. Although I haven't gone over it again to verify (I'm tired).
14595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Amish Country
Offline
Posted 8/23/13 , edited 8/23/13
Religion is such a controversial subject. As I respect others for their views, I personally don't follow any religion. It does not guide me on my path of life. I think the main reason why I don't personally like religion is because you never you what's true until you die, supposedly. You could be lied to, and you'd never know. People are told that Satan is evil because another person told them. What if Satan isn't actually evil? I am not saying Satan isn't evil or that it's my view on him. I'm just making a point that we are told something and are expected to believe it. There are many different religions with many sides of their own beliefs. No one knows the truth, we only know what we are told.

With that said, I respect everyone's opinion in this thread.
5546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
lol...... no! lucifer is Satan! and ... no! michael fought aginst him in the first heaven age! ....
25695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Universe :0
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
Could be true. What's important is being able to look and think "outside the box." Mainstream society would laugh at this scenario, but I say its plausible. Why not? We don't know definitively what happens when we die, so I'd say its possible.

38332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 8/23/13
I don`t follow religions because i`m a Pantheist.

Lucifer is the first fallen angel, he is powerful but not perfect because he got negative emotions so this is why he got jealous and rebel against God.
Sataniel or should i say Satan is like Lucifer, very strong but not perfect, he is filled with negative emotions so this is why he is destructive and hated.
The most evil fallen angel i`ve ever known is Asmodeus but i don`t know anything about him.

Fallen Angels or Demons were weak against love and light.

If you want to know more, you must use your own Intuition because it is like GPS of your soul.
Posted 8/23/13
Man created God and Satan to justify his own existence.
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 8/23/13


I had someone tell me they were Vishnu the other day and not in a general sense like, "We are all apart of God and thus we are individual representations of God's beauty.". In a more literal way.

People get so bored.
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 8/23/13 , edited 8/23/13


Posted 8/23/13

ArchAngelVergilMicah wrote:

You are wrong on so many levels. Your own folly is beyond your own comprehension. Hmph, simple human.



Your own folly is plain to see. Human or not, clearly I am more superior to someone who cannot spell check his own post.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.