First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your favorite genre in anime?
Member
22476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 8/25/13
I THINK it's Funimation, hard to believe they'd let another company take the sales they'd get from THAT, they're also the only one I'd say to release it at a decent price.

268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / (818)
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
I don't really have a favorite genre, i just watch whatever is good in my opinion. For example a lot of people hate BroCon right now. I on the other hand love it. It's just reverse harem.
Member
22476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

kyubeykiller wrote:

I don't really have a favorite genre, i just watch whatever is good in my opinion. For example a lot of people hate BroCon right now. I on the other hand love it. It's just reverse harem.


Brocon, what the...

I used Google, and now I get it.

Being one of nine children, incest is a Nine-tuple Wrong. That said, Brocon and Siscon arn't to big a deal, I get the appeal, but only because of Genkishen. As Genkishen put it, "It's not about liking YOUR sister, it's about guys who don't have sisters liking YOUR sister, and wanting to be you, who probably has a good relationship with your sister"

People often ask if me and my sister are twins, and being 8 months apart, we do look the part to an extent

But Reverse Harem? No, I just...no. Take your reverse harems, and shove'm up your PG13 bums. Do you know what Reverse harems brought us? Twilight. You know what else? Reverse Harem Anime. It's not that they're THAT bad, but they often come off as such. If you could suggest a good Reverse Harem, I'd be happy to watch. If Free!, despite myself only hearing about it and saving the watching of it for later on, when I'm in a good and perhaps homoerotic mood. I know that has one girl, if that show turns into a Reverse Harem, I might label that nicely. I mean it IS Key, but at the same time...it's Key.

I'm serious. Reverse Harem's are unfortunate as to have that weakly developed any-girl female lead. Guys being stereotyped as Mr.Awesome-at-anything-nice-to-everybody-always-erect-brown-or-blue-haired-lucky-to-get-tons-of-chicks-guy is fine enough. But the female leads trend towards "She'll have sex with whoever asks first, or rapes first...your choice, she's mostly passive here so woo her"

That just doesn't fly in a Harem sense. Your hero should be an active force through a story, not the passive "let the men flock to me" type. Male Harem leads do something stupid and nice and get attention. Female Leads look nice, and just get the attention.

Female leads should be like Urabe Makoto from Mysterious Girlfriend X.

She'll date you, sure. But, YOU gotta take initiative! Don't overst ep your bounds now, or you're gonna regret it. But play your cards right......that is, if someone else doesn't beat you too it.



She be Dangerous bro!
268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / (818)
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
BroCon is short for Brothers Conflict. Also, no biological connection between them so it's okay. You wanna rage? Rage about OreImo.
Member
22476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Wait whaaaaat. I that it was Brocon like SIscon, which could be conflich bu who knows. You mean Brothers Conflict is an anime or something?

Hmmm...

No.

I now know Brocon is an anime.

I hate you Brocon. You might be good, you might be cool. But I'm going to hate you.

I mean, at least Oreimo has the audacity to try...in the first season. I never got past the early 2nd. I thought the logical ending was logical. You know, the one where he just marries the boring girl with glasses and such? That's my ending. Everybody else a ho, but she be a waifu, I'm tellin yah. I already had that show end for me back mid-season one in that filler episode.

That reminds me, what's with FIllers recently? To throw out my favorite recent example. The World God Only Knows filler episodes are just fantastic to me. Season 3's really gripped my attention surely, but the season finale in Season 1 is among my favorite episodes in anime nowadays. Just that crazy fun saying "don't worry, we got a second season so....have fun watching todays episode!" If I have to come up with more I shall but, dayum that filler be rockin.
26560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Online
Posted 8/26/13
Manami (plain girl) was surely the best choice. I feel ya.
Member
21551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
I need to stop watching sad animes I just finished Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and I feel drained
268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / (818)
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

Felstalker wrote:

Wait whaaaaat. I that it was Brocon like SIscon, which could be conflich bu who knows. You mean Brothers Conflict is an anime or something?

Hmmm...

No.

I now know Brocon is an anime.

I hate you Brocon. You might be good, you might be cool. But I'm going to hate you.

I mean, at least Oreimo has the audacity to try...in the first season. I never got past the early 2nd. I thought the logical ending was logical. You know, the one where he just marries the boring girl with glasses and such? That's my ending. Everybody else a ho, but she be a waifu, I'm tellin yah. I already had that show end for me back mid-season one in that filler episode.

That reminds me, what's with FIllers recently? To throw out my favorite recent example. The World God Only Knows filler episodes are just fantastic to me. Season 3's really gripped my attention surely, but the season finale in Season 1 is among my favorite episodes in anime nowadays. Just that crazy fun saying "don't worry, we got a second season so....have fun watching todays episode!" If I have to come up with more I shall but, dayum that filler be rockin.


I was under the impression everyone knew what BroCon was and that it was airing this season. I just finished episode 8 an hour ago. I guess BroCon is from the twitter hashtag #BroCon because that's where i saw it. Saw it on /a/ once as well. But BroCon doesn't piss me off as much as that last episode of OreImo did. I can see why everyone hated it. Can't even buy anymore OreImo merchandise because of that ending.


uncletim wrote:

I need to stop watching sad animes I just finished Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and I feel drained


I hope the movie isn't the whole TV series bunched into a 1-2 hour movie. I'm hoping it's a prequel.
Member
37342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Charleston WV
Offline
Posted 8/27/13

kyubeykiller wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

Wait whaaaaat. I that it was Brocon like SIscon, which could be conflich bu who knows. You mean Brothers Conflict is an anime or something?

Hmmm...

No.

I now know Brocon is an anime.

I hate you Brocon. You might be good, you might be cool. But I'm going to hate you.

I mean, at least Oreimo has the audacity to try...in the first season. I never got past the early 2nd. I thought the logical ending was logical. You know, the one where he just marries the boring girl with glasses and such? That's my ending. Everybody else a ho, but she be a waifu, I'm tellin yah. I already had that show end for me back mid-season one in that filler episode.

That reminds me, what's with FIllers recently? To throw out my favorite recent example. The World God Only Knows filler episodes are just fantastic to me. Season 3's really gripped my attention surely, but the season finale in Season 1 is among my favorite episodes in anime nowadays. Just that crazy fun saying "don't worry, we got a second season so....have fun watching todays episode!" If I have to come up with more I shall but, dayum that filler be rockin.


I was under the impression everyone knew what BroCon was and that it was airing this season. I just finished episode 8 an hour ago. I guess BroCon is from the twitter hashtag #BroCon because that's where i saw it. Saw it on /a/ once as well. But BroCon doesn't piss me off as much as that last episode of OreImo did. I can see why everyone hated it. Can't even buy anymore OreImo merchandise because of that ending.


uncletim wrote:

I need to stop watching sad animes I just finished Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and I feel drained


I hope the movie isn't the whole TV series bunched into a 1-2 hour movie. I'm hoping it's a prequel.


Anohana was really sad however if you thnk about ending it was pretty good at least I thought. I believe aren't they making a continuation of that?

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.