First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst book to movie
Aroxan 
5046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Indiana, US
Offline
Posted 10/30/15
Eragon it depresses me so
26718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 11/8/15 , edited 12/1/15
There's nothing wrong with Eragon it was a decent film.
774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Cleveland, OH
Offline
Posted 11/8/15
Queen of the Damned.

I'm not an Anne Rice fan to begin with and I know the movie is a loose adaptation of the book/series, but it was SO. TERRIBLE. I had a lot of friends who were furious about it, and it's definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/10/15
Fault in our stars. It was too depressing to watch. Waste of money. It feels like it sucks all the happiness out of you.
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Paper Town, USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/15
Percy Jackson or Twilight or Eragon
I was sorely disappointed with each series.
Banned
254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/16/15
Hunger Games
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 11/19/15
Battle Royale was quite a good movie but there was a lot of important details from the book left out and some things were changed altogether. But that's most likely due to time constrictions. Battle Royale is a very long book and you can't really fit it into just 2 hours.

The worst one I've seen so far was a film of a book called Enduring Love by Ian Mcewan. The film was so bad.
3161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/1/15
Biggest disappointment was the twilight series... I use to not mind reading the books. But after the release of the movies, I can't touch them anymore... lol

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie wasn't too bad... it was by no means perfect, but what book to movie is. Lets hope the TV series is better!

Beautiful Creatures... what to say... I could not get through the first 3 chapters of the book and I hoped that the movie would encourage me to keep reading. It didn't. Still to this day, I have not finished the book.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/15
Definitely 'Mortal Instruments'. I laughed at one point in the movie because they ruin the plot twist by outright stating it. Such a bad job done
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/10/16
Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice was butchered as a movie, the book was so much better.
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

Keikune wrote:

Definitely 'Mortal Instruments'. I laughed at one point in the movie because they ruin the plot twist by outright stating it. Such a bad job done


Yep. And now they have a TV series. I watched 2 eps and it was so bad.
3090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Lilacs & Lolita
Offline
Posted 2/14/16 , edited 2/14/16
Come on people it's obviously DUNE.
Worst adaption ever.

I can deal with a bad book adaption if the movie is entertaining.
For example I, Robot and I Am Legend are both entertaining when I saw them. Dune was not. It had a few awesome moments but after the first 20% of the film it's fall apart so gloriously.

Emperor! We come for you!
723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Native American Land
Offline
Posted 2/14/16
This :



46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

bosskardo wrote:


Keikune wrote:

Definitely 'Mortal Instruments'. I laughed at one point in the movie because they ruin the plot twist by outright stating it. Such a bad job done


Yep. And now they have a TV series. I watched 2 eps and it was so bad.


Oh gosh, it's painful to watch. They're massacring her books. Is it bad that I'm still watching it regardless? ;)
59 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

Keikune wrote:


bosskardo wrote:


Keikune wrote:

Definitely 'Mortal Instruments'. I laughed at one point in the movie because they ruin the plot twist by outright stating it. Such a bad job done


Yep. And now they have a TV series. I watched 2 eps and it was so bad.


Oh gosh, it's painful to watch. They're massacring her books. Is it bad that I'm still watching it regardless? ;)


Yep,
you're not doing any favors to yourself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.