First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
A Question
8865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / sydney AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
3 guys wanted to rent a single motel room
the room costed $30
so the 3 men decided to split the cost into $10 a person
the hotel manager made a mistake
It was $25 for a room instead of $30
the hotel manager gave $5 change to the bus boy to return to the 3 men
the bus boy said 'how can i split $5 into 3 guys?
so he stole $2 from the $5 and had $3 left, he gave $1 of that $3 to each of those guys
therefore each man ended up paying $9 instead of $10

3 X 9 = 27
27 + 2 (the $2 the bus boy stole) = 29
heres the question
where did $1 disapear to ????

man i cant solve it
Posted 1/26/08
they lost it.
1535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
i heard these kind of question few years ago
7281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Ok i got one.....

Two brothers needs to get 60 $ (any money) for them to buy the object that they like...The Question is Brother A needs to borrow Half of Brother B's money to get 60 $ and Brother B needs to get 1/3 of the money from brother A to get a total of 60 dollars...

Q: How much Brother A and Brother B have in their pocket for them to have 60 $ in total?
4963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / cebu
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
i heard the question last year... i still don't have the answer... is there really an answer?
7281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Mars
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
Omg!!! yours are diffcult to answer? Is their an answer for that?
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere out there
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
haha this is easy...
there is no a missing dollar...

look closely
9x3=27
27+2=29

the mistake there is that the 27+2 is there to confuse you.
the $2 that the bus boy took is part of that 27...

so it should really be 27 + 3 (the amount returned) = $30

=)



i really had a hard time when i first heard this ( i was 9)
i just solved it last last year when one of my friends asked me this (i was 12)
769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wrapped in my own...
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
correct me if im wrong... but i beleive the $27 includes the $2 he stole...
they had to pay $27 total because he kept $2 of their money...maybe... i cant think too well im on break


*EDIT* damn she beat me to it cause i took too long to type. oh well, at least i was right ^_^
Posted 1/26/08

kaizer-bba wrote:

haha this is easy...
there is no a missing dollar...

look closely
9x3=27
27+2=29

the mistake there is that the 27+2 is there to confuse you.
the $2 that the bus boy took is part of that 27...

so it should really be 27 + 3 (the amount returned) = $30


yea i think that should be the right answer to it

and i think i heard another version of this, but not as long, something about a penny instead of a dollar
6525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/08
uh...They ate that last one?
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere out there
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

n_n303 wrote:


kaizer-bba wrote:

haha this is easy...
there is no a missing dollar...

look closely
9x3=27
27+2=29

the mistake there is that the 27+2 is there to confuse you.
the $2 that the bus boy took is part of that 27...

so it should really be 27 + 3 (the amount returned) = $30

=)



i really had a hard time when i first heard this ( i was 9)
i just solved it last last year when one of my friends asked me this (i was 12)


no you misunderstood the question. He is asking where that one dollar went. read the question again you just basically told the same thing that he asked.


there is NO missing dollar... that's the answer... =)

Posted 1/26/08
o lol if he is asking where it went, then i stole it lol xD woot now i can buy myself a cheap hooker
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere out there
Offline
Posted 1/26/08

n_n303 wrote:


kaizer-bba wrote:

there is NO missing dollar... that's the answer... =)



ah but there is. read the question carefully. The bus boy ended up making an extra dollar... I learned this shit in math class. In math there is always a remainder. and when it comes to money its the same thing, there will be remainders. Thats why in some change no one realizes it but sometimes you make an extra dollar or loose an extra dollar because of that 1 remainder.


there is no extra dollar... no remainder whatsoever...
dont you think i also have math class??
this doesnt even need math... just logic...
Posted 1/26/08

kaizer-bba wrote:

there is NO missing dollar... that's the answer... =)




n_n303 wrote:

ah but there is. read the question carefully. The bus boy ended up making an extra dollar... I learned this shit in math class. In math there is always a remainder. and when it comes to money its the same thing, there will be remainders. Thats why in some change no one realizes it but sometimes you make an extra dollar or loose an extra dollar because of that 1 remainder.


BAH! fine if u 2 are gonna fight over that dollar so much ill give it back *gives back dollar i stole*

happy now? no cheap hooker for me now *finds dollar on the floor* schveet! *goes to find cheap hooker*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.